The Purging of The Council of Advisors

Thomas Gaudin

The Purging of The Council of Advisors

Post by Thomas Gaudin »

Count Gaudin swept down the hallway of the tiny Village Municipal building, watching with distaste as the lights began to flicker once more. He swept into the conference room and looked at the assembled Advisory Council...He was sick and tired of them. He was sick and tired of their 'democratic' method of electing officers...but most of all he was sick and tired of having his power checked by these moronic imbeciles. Today, all that would change.

"We shall begin tonight's meeting...", He said, dramatically taking his seat at the head of the table, "with a few announcements. The first - the dissolution of this council. Yes, you heard me...". He smiled darkly at the stunned faces of the council members...They thought they were beloved and trusted advisors to the Count.

"I am the Count of Woodshire. I work with unlimited power, except for that reserved by the Earl, Duke, and Kaiser. That power will no longer be limited by any of you." Two of the council members exchanged glances...Thomas didn't like that.

"Why don't we invite in a few of the Woodshire Guards to join us? Or, better yet, why don't some of you go with them to your new accommodations? Councilman Noumann and Councilwoman Moss...? You are the most treacherous members of this council and until your fate can be decided, you'll be staying in the County Jail..."

"We don't have a jail, you fool!", screamed Councilwoman Vilma Moss. "You ordered the creation of one two years ago but never followed through with the promised funding!"

"Then you shall be kept wherever the guard can find a place to put you!" The Count said, trying not to allow the troublesome woman to interfere with his mood. As she stood, angrily, several members of the Guard entered the room. Without a struggle, she and her friend Mr. Noumann were out the door and off into the night.

"And now there are three...three more members of my Council of Advisors...three who I have decided to allow to maintain their positions of influence within Woodshire...if you only agree to swear allegiance to me." Gaudin hissed, quietly. "I think you'll find this is an offer you really cannot refuse..." He said, gesturing towards several guards who had remained at the door.

The only member of the Council that Gaudin truly liked was George Schwinn, a small but loyal man who could probably be trusted. Gaudin's ideas on Schwinn were confirmed when the little man stood to be the first to declare his loyalty to the Count...the others followed suit, of course.

"Perfect. Now, I did say tonight I would begin with a few announcements...The other is rather exciting, I think. This building will no longer serve as the headquarters for my rule. I am ordering the construction of a new palace just across the street on South Lauterman."

This was the beginning of a new way in Woodshire...Gaudin could feel things changing as the meeting went on. He had them. He had their allegiance and now, finally, he had the county all for himself.
Thomas Gaudin
- Count of Woodshire -

Malliki Tosha

Re: The Purging of The Council of Advisors

Post by Malliki Tosha »

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

*is pleased*

Arviður

Post by Arviður »

Count Gaudin,

You're great. I'm officially liking you.
Arviður úr Ansinum
President of the Court of Azarea
Baron of K'Tzuni

Kaiser Leto III

Post by Kaiser Leto III »

:yay:
And the Kaiser saw that it was good.
Signed by the Nifty Hand of,
Leto III Ozymandias 'the Desired' of the Noble Line of Win'Eth

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

*throws a brick at the Kaiser*

Kaiser Leto III

Post by Kaiser Leto III »

*Throws a grenade back.*

:tomcutterhamonfire
Signed by the Nifty Hand of,
Leto III Ozymandias 'the Desired' of the Noble Line of Win'Eth

Thomas Gaudin

Post by Thomas Gaudin »

Wow. Grenades this close to my new palace? Don't think so! ;)

Thanks, everyone! *runs off to oversee building of palace* :whip
Thomas Gaudin
- Count of Woodshire -

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

*ducks for cover*

Bloody Kaiser!

*returns fire at the Kaiser*

Return to “County of Woodshire”