A Quick Story Explaining my Stewardship

Braden Indianensis
Location: Number 12 Concord Street, Nafticon, Republic of Antica

A Quick Story Explaining my Stewardship

Post by Braden Indianensis »

It was a nice day in Shirekeep, which was a rare occurence in the bustling, dirty city. It was warm, but the sky was gray, and there were cherry blossoms falling from the trees in one of the many courtyards of the Kaiser's palace in the heart of the city.

Kaiser Meskan II, beloved sovereign of the Imperial Republic of Shireroth, pulled on his chainmail gauntlets and adjusted the clasp on his long, blue cape. Around his waist was tied a cord made of cloth-of-gold, on which hung a large, gold key, with a small ruby firmly stuck in the pommel. He removed the key, and gave it to his Minister of Immigration, Naturalization, and Tourism, Braden Indianensis.

The rebellious annexations of the Yardistanis were becoming a real pain in the ass. They had swarmed north, in huge flotillas of longships, and then landed and ravaged the countryside. The jabberwokkies and Riflemen of Barony Vorpmadal had been able to hold back the Yardistani hordes to a certain degree, but they were vastly outnumbered, and were beginning to falter here and there. As such, the Kaiser was departing, with the Imperial Army, to sort out the mess.

"Baldwin," said the Kaiser, " I hope I can trust you with this. Please don't do anything insane while I'm gone--no crusades against Babkha, no whacky decrees, no massive changes to the political scene, no--"

"Alright, alright," chuckled Baldwin. "I'll control myself. I'll keep the realm intact while you're off."

"You'd better," warned Meskan. "I should have this taken care of by the end of the week, so take care not to get overthrown in that short time. Farewell...Steward." Baldwin bowed, and the Kaiser turned, and walked up a short step into his iron-plated carriage. His coachman shut the door behind him, and then climbed up onto the driver's seat up front. As the gates of the castle opened, the Kaiser's knights road up and surrounded the coach. Assembled outside the castle were the teeming legions of the Shirithian Army from Fort Foley.
Antican Ambassador to Shireroth and Babkha
Former Speaker of the Assembly of the Republic of Antica
Reporter for the Antican Liberator
Elder Guard of the Order of the Vorpal Blade

Return to “Fiefdom archive - County of Kaikias”