I have brought you together here....

Click here for all the archived posts
Kaiser Letifer III

I have brought you together here....

Post by Kaiser Letifer III »

... assuming you can read this and I got this set up right, to my advisory council.

To be fair, I kinda picked you at random. I'll be honest. But I felt I could get a diverse set of opinions out of you 3 as well.

For those that don't remember.. or don't know.. this is my private council...

Only WE can view and post here.. and nothing is taboo for conversation. As long as you are respectful you can say anything here. Critisize me... complement me.. make suggestions.. whatever you need to say to me and each other.. is open.

What is said and done here stays here.. and not to be taken out of here...

That being said... yeah.. any ideas for anything?

andelarion

Post by andelarion »

Well sir,

I don't have many ideas now, but we need to do a few things. To make us look more active. Let's remove inactive forums. We'll only have three subdivision forums, and let the activity be there.

We need to be more active in the world. Let's break this isolation. If people know we exist/are still alive, then they might want to join us. So a foreign minister would be good. Just to go around nations, be nice, friendly and talkative.

Removing the citizenship restriction thingy. Let our citizens have as many citizenships as they want, as long as only the Kaiser has one. That way we may look a bit more inviting to other people.

Kaiser Letifer III

We might get numbers.. but we won't necessarily get active good citizens.. plus.. I don't know of many that the tri cit law is an issue for....

I agree we need a MiniEx.. but who?

I've been trying to get a count on what subdivision forums need removing.. but I can't seem to get a list together...

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

Reporting as requested, Sire.

I feel that Ric is right about the citizenship restrictions keeping our membership down. We have a number of active, frequent visitors who might be persuaded to join Shireroth without this clause.

If there are any other issues you wish to discuss, please let us know.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Am I an advisor?
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Kaiser Letifer III

You appear to be.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Yes, I'm advisor! :party
Removing the citizenship restriction thingy. Let our citizens have as many citizenships as they want, as long as only the Kaiser has one. That way we may look a bit more inviting to other people.
With this I can agree.
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

I'm not an advisor, but I can see this board anyway so I'll just post my opinion.

First of all, do we really need the new citizens? It's not immediately obvious, but Shireroth still has a decent number of people. Erik, Jonas, Greg, me, Hypatia, her mom, Eri, Ric, H4773r, Jess, all those new immigrants. The problem isn't really a lack of people, and certainly not a lack of immigration. It's a lack of anything going on.

Tri-cit's a good policy. The reasoning is that if someone's in one or two other micronations, okay, fine. But once you get into four or more micronations, your heart just isn't in it anymore. You've decided the more the merrier and are just joining everything around. Shireroth doesn't just need warm bodies. It needs people with a real interest in Shireroth, a connection to its community, and a willingness to study and abide by its customs.

Instead, we should use honorary citizenship as more of a tool. Either give honorary citizens all the rights of normal citizens, or else allow honorary citizens an exception to the tri-cit policy if they ever want to join. Then give honorary citizenship to the people with multiple-citizenships who we think nevertheless belong in Shireroth (like benkern). This still kind of scares me and sets a bad precedent, but I'll admit that we need it at the present time. That'll prevent a flood of foreigners who don't really care about the country from coming in while still allowing a few more people to join despite their normal ineligibility.

Kaiser Letifer III

How... what? hmm.... oh well.. I'll need to figure out why you have access.. you shouldn't...

I don't plan to undermine the spirit of the tri-cit law with weird loopholes and exceptions... All the reasons Scott gave are the reasons for it. and good reasons...

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Does little colonies count too as micronations?

Kaiser Letifer III

Colonies of what nations? And if you are a citizen.. then yes.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Kaiser Letifer III wrote:Colonies of what nations? And if you are a citizen.. then yes.
From the Kingdom of Batavië, but I'm not member of them, no panic! ;)

Kaiser Letifer III

Then I suppose I see no issue...

Return to “Archives - Click Here”