WOO...

Click here for all the archived posts
Rarkasha

WOO...

Post by Rarkasha »

"Bother bother bother..." Rarkasha muttered as he marched down the cold corridors of Research Station 2. It had been constructed in a relatively short amount of time, thanks to a little magical assistance. But as with the first, it was kept underground, away from prying eyes, and safe from political tur. Rarkasha hated these dark corridors. He´d hoped to build the city that rose towards the city that he´d been dreaming of, but that seemed to be a long way off now. And his "students" were more concerned with building weapons than creating wonderful things for the people. Although he had to admit, there was a distinct lack of defense technology in these parts.

"There you are, sir," said a thin, wily looking man. As usual, he wore the white flowing robes of his order, but otherwise his look was machine-like. He had a thin face, sharp nose, and even perfectly square glasses. Although his look was hardened, his tone flat, his excitement was palatable.

"I hope this is worth it. Of course, you are Head of Research, so I won´t worry too much," said Rarkasha lazily," Alright then, let us see what you have cooked up now, Guixian"

The two came to a large, dimly lit hanger. Rarkasha was sorely tempted to summon a light of some sort.

"I trust you´re going to turn the lights on, revealing it dramatically?" Rarkasha dryly remarked.
"Not quite," smirked Guixian, pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose.

A humming noise came on for a second, and then stopped. A moment later, Rarkasha could hear a giant thumping sound of something hard and metal against concrete. Then another. And another in timed intervals. Something large and bipedal stepped into the light. Huge, humanoid, and fearsome, one limb was nothing but a cannon for an arm. Another supported a tri-array of machine guns. It´s legs looked bulky and rough, perhaps even a little stubby, despite the fact that it stood about 8 feet tall.

"It´s... a giant robot!" Rarkasha said excitedly
"Not quite, sir. It is a walking tank. I took the gravity manipulation devices you designed and devised a movement-assisted suit of armor. It uses few actual controls, most of it is natural movement which the suit imitates, albeit roughly. It also is capable of hovering for higher speeds, reaching up to 50-60MPH.
. It could be used as support, anti-armor, and mobile artillery. It can be equipped with a large array of weaponry, typically one anti-armor or explosive supported by anti infantry. Eventually, I could devise a method of applying the Halo Sensory System to assist it," Guixian seemed rather excited about the prospects of this technology.
"Erm... the Halo project has some hiccups, but I think it´ll be up and running soon. In the meantime, what sort of visual does this thing have?"
"Just vision in the helmet, which is transferred to the pilot who is a little lower than the neck.
"Good. It´s no replacement for good armor, but this is a fine vehicle of war, more variable than your typical vehicle. I will look into this. But Guixian... as much as I want to fight, we must use our magic and our technology for the benefit of our people as well."
"I understand, sir."

AngelGuardian93

Post by AngelGuardian93 »

(*applaudes* go on!)
There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Rarkasha

Post by Rarkasha »

By the way... Guixian is pronounced the same way you would in Chinese: the "xi" is pronounced "she".

Return to “Archives - Click Here”