Hey.. I got an idea......

Click here for all the archived posts
Erik Mortis

Hey.. I got an idea......

Post by Erik Mortis »

I was in english.. and we started mentioning the 7 deadly sins... And I got the idea.. why not base the laws of the land in this barony after the 7 Deadly Sins? and the 8th unofficial one. 1. Sloth2. Lust3. Gluteny4. Wrath (anger)5. Pride6. Envy7. Greed (different from Gluteny)AND8. Stupidity! (Or.. Ignorance)Hey... 7 Heavenly Virtues.. cool.. Just found them.. But those are to christianized for my tastes... To religioun specific.But how do you make laws based on the 7 deadly sins.. without dictating morality... Erik Mortis BrookshireCommoner of Alexandretta

Shasta Rana Wanderlust

Re: Hey.. I got an idea......

Post by Shasta Rana Wanderlust »

1. SlothBeing lazy, when it is within both your power and your rights to not be so.2. Lust{god} Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife, husband, or objects, nor shalt you covet your neighbor without express permission. {/god}3. GluttonyDO NOT take too much upon yourself.4. WrathUnprovoked anger is illegal, as is provoking anger.5. PrideHumility is a good thing.6. EnvyDon't envy your friends, neighbors, relatives, etc.7. GreedBeing a greedy bastard is not only illegal, it's mean too.8. StupidityBlatant stupidity, though mildly amusing at times, is also illegal.That do it for you? Remember, my child, without innocence, the cross is only iron, hope is only an illusion, and you're nothing but a name.

Alexandra Decens

Post by Alexandra Decens »

er...um....sure...that mostly works....i'll review again...maybe make a revision here and there...but it mostly works.... I have no custom signature...oh wait...

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Woah... cool.. we got laws.. Erik Mortis BrookshireCommoner of Alexandretta

Shasta Rana Wanderlust

/me Rocks On. \m/ \m/ Remember, my child, without innocence, the cross is only iron, hope is only an illusion, and you're nothing but a name.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

And you aren't even a resident of this barony...hehe.. you belong to Brookshire Proper..hehe Erik Mortis BrookshireCommoner of Alexandretta

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

I got further ideas.. why not develope the culture of Alexandretta around the 8 Deadly Sins, Karma and Enlightenment.. in other words.. Buddism. but not accually. More of the priniples of it. Without the organized religion bit. take it for what it should be. A personal philosophy and not a religion."wholesome actions lead to wholesome states while unwholesome actions lead to a unwholesome states, individually as well as collectively."Karma would be big. Basicly. A society based around the 8 deadly sins and the law of Karma. Erik Mortis BrookshireCommoner of Alexandretta

david northworthy beckfor

Post by david northworthy beckfor »

when you say " based around the 8 deadly sins", do you mean they have to be done, or have to not be done??I mean, sloth is great! nowt wrong with lust *covets neighbours ass*...ahem.....Pride? admitatly, I have nothing to be proud of, but but still am, and you cant stop me!If I stoped being envios, well, I do little else but envy. "Being a greedy bastard is not only illegal, it's mean too. define greed....."Blatant stupidity, though mildly amusing at times, is also illegal." your making me illegal?I mean, if you dont want me to live here, say so, you dont need to put it in law! "Disclaimer: Whatever is in the above post is probably a result of my blind following of Kieran Bennett, because I have even less of a brain than Kieran. Don't even get me started on my lack of independent thought." Edited by: david northworthy beckford  at: 3/2/04 10:23 am

Alexandra Decens

Post by Alexandra Decens »

I think what he mean is set up not neseccarily laws...but guidelines that one might follow if he so choose so.... I have no custom signature...oh wait...

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

I think I was getting ahead of myself and talking about establishing a culture in this barony based on principles.. like Hyperborea is... many subdivisions have cultures that distinguish them from others.. Loth and it's eco-friendly birdloving rugbyness. Yardistan for insanity. Hyperborea for poetry and it's principles. Lunaris for the whole Art scene going on down there. Goldshire for it's whole... err.. whatever it is...ect... Erik Mortis BrookshireCommoner of Alexandretta

Jadie of Goldshire

Post by Jadie of Goldshire »

I don't think you should have used Goldshire as an example....Goldshire is just a peaceful place to live with tons of green hills...*sighs* so relaxing... Jadie of GoldshireCarry on with your lives people...nothing to see here.

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Sure, there should be the 8 deadly sins in Alexandretta, and you know what the punishment should be? 'Ere's a clue, deadly sins. Hook 'em up, carve 'em up, they won't sin no more! Sun Bless, Earth KeepZirandorthel I of TreesiaThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar, Tivitha e'TarasGrand Duke of Lac Glacei

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

I'm still trying new ideas in my head.. none of this really worked out in theory.. Erik Mortis BrookshireCommoner of Alexandretta

Shasta Rana Wanderlust

"Oh wow, thats' a THEORY! Well done! Just a few photos, eh?" Remember, my child, without innocence, the cross is only iron, hope is only an illusion, and you're nothing but a name.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Quois? Erik Mortis BrookshireCommoner of Alexandretta

Shasta Rana Wanderlust

Eddie Izzard, you buffoon. So, if god is falliable, does that mean that this universe (or plane of existence, depending on your style of thought) could be nothing more than a metaphysical trashcan?Platypi point to this being true.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

I don't know that quote.. it's not from Dress To Kill.. the only one I have and know fluently.. Erik Mortis BrookshireCommoner of Alexandretta

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

MATRIARCHY! Erik Mortis BrookshireCommoner of Alexandretta

Return to “Archives - Click Here”