Immigration

Handles the census, and migration to, from and within Shireroth; apply for citizenship here

Moderator: Edgard

Kaiser Mors V

Re: Immigration

Post by Kaiser Mors V »

Nah, Yardistan is fine...

Get AIM. More people here need AIM....

Mortis Mercator V,
Kaiser of Shireroth
Duke of Brookshire
Count of Monty Crisco

Luxi

Post by Luxi »

Kaiser Mors V wrote:Nah, Yardistan is fine...
Alrighty then, thanks a bunch.
Kaiser Mors V wrote:Get AIM. More people here need AIM....
Check.

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

Tell me about your reform ideas. I am interested about new and interesting ideas..

Much has changed since those days. Even the traditional ways of thinking have.. mellowed and opened to new ideas put to old models...

And if you don't wanna leadership, then don't go for it. We have a full set of Dukes, Kaiser and Prætor.. so we have all that we need to run. Especially since the Charter has been suspended..
Yes, I've been looking through recent doings... I didn't expect the suspension of the Charter, but I do approve. A lot of nations would quail at the idea of not having a defining document like that, but the absece of a Charter at the moment allows for considerably more flexibility of action that we've had in the past.

I think what's happened to me is that I've gone Taoist, or at least somewhat Taoist, in my view of how things run. The best government is the one that gets things done with a minimum of fuss, as automatic as possible; rules and laws have to exist and be enforced to hold everything together, but they should be well-written, well-planned (both in their individual consequences and their effects as a whole), simple to enforce, broad enough in scope that they can't be used to pin the nation down with squabbling over petty legal definitions, and used relatively sparingly. The law code as a whole should be fairly compact. Wherever possible, common sense and good judgement should be encouraged and relied upon, since I think that (in their everyday experiences, at least) most people probably pay attention to common sense more than they do to laws.

The main problem with all this is that it means the government would have a good bit less to do with its time as far as making laws... desirable in a real-world government, I think, but since government is a major component of the micronational experience, possibly detrimental here. It also means that many of the reforms needed for a fuller implementation would be not only to law, but to mindset and habits; one can't really legislate or decree common sense (no matter how much we'd like to).

I dunno. I'm still thinking about all of it. Now that I say it in public, it seems to me maybe it wouldn't be so incompatible after all, at least not parts of it...

Oh, hey, I think I've found most of the old SSHIT files. How do you want me to send them? I can email them if you want (though you'd have to give me your email again, I think I lost it at some point), or I could start putting them back into the wiki...

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Be bold, Shyriath :)

... btw, our normal "smile" emoticon looks really ugly... I think I should replace it with this one: Image
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Kaiser Mors V

Post by Kaiser Mors V »

rrakanychan at a server known as gmail in the .com domain.

which is also my AIM.. at least.. the rrakanychan part.

But... Shyriath.. you're ideas are not so far from my ideas about government... As usual... we think alike...

Mortis Mercator V,
Kaiser of Shireroth
Duke of Brookshire
Count of Monty Crisco

Neike Taika-Tessaro

Post by Neike Taika-Tessaro »

*is very, very happy to see Shyriath posting, even if it does seem like he may have to be admired purely from afar* ^_^;
Neike Taika-Tessaro, Archon of Dark Arcadia

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

I'll get AIM again shortly. I'll be on from time to time...

Kaiser Mors V

Post by Kaiser Mors V »

I seeee yoooouuuu.....

Mortis Mercator V,
Kaiser of Shireroth
Duke of Brookshire
Count of Monty Crisco

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

Luxi:

Welcome to Shireroth! I am Hypatia's mom, Minister of Immigration and Naturalization. Please look around and make yourself at home. I hope you enjoy Yardistan. It's good to meet Shiriaths' sister. It's always interesting to see what brings people to our country.

Shiriath:

It's wonderful to see you back again. You always bring a special addition to this country, and also, you're a nifty fellow to talk online with.

Kaiser Mors V

Post by Kaiser Mors V »

umm.. technically you aren't a minister... Might wanna read the most recent decrees... Though if active, I have no problem giving the ministry back to you..

Mortis Mercator V,
Kaiser of Shireroth
Duke of Brookshire
Count of Monty Crisco

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

My apologies, My Lord Kaiser. I am still trying to catch up and apparently missed that message. May I petition for a reinstatement to my former office? I shall do so in the Kaiser's Court.

Return to “Ministry of Immigration and Naturalization”