Citizenship Application

Handles the census, and migration to, from and within Shireroth; apply for citizenship here

Moderator: Edgard

Harvey Steffke

Re: Citizenship Application

Post by Harvey Steffke »

The man has a point. The reward for success - destruction!

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Not destruction. But it would be nice if you guys could actually encourage new comers to go to other subdivisions.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Erik Mortis wrote:Not destruction. But it would be nice if you guys could actually encourage new comers to go to other subdivisions.
We can't demand of them to join another Duchy. If they think their place is in Kildare, it's better for the Dutchy and Shireroth. Don't get this wrong but if someone says he wants to live in Kildare, I'm not going to say "NOOO! YOU CAN'T!!".
I don't mind that they chose for your duchy, but you should make it more interesting for people to join your place.
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Kaiser Fish XII

Post by Kaiser Fish XII »

By the way, Illumination isn't in Ynnraile. Ynnraile is Asantelian, Syrelwynn, Holwynn, and Goldendown.

BESIDES, I'm not destroying Kildare in the slightest. Asantelian isn't traditionally Kildarian land. And, it's not my problem that my county has been busier than other places.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

It's good for Kildare yes. But there comes a point where I'm not sure it's the best for Shireroth having all the people concentrated in one place.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Erik Mortis wrote:It's good for Kildare yes. But there comes a point where I'm not sure it's the best for Shireroth having all the people concentrated in one place.
Neither it's good that Kildari have to say to people that they have to move. You know what we should do? Nothing... the Kildari could better stop doing what they do. Afterall, if we don't get the people... the other duchies will surely advertise in our name. :fish
BESIDES, I'm not destroying Kildare in the slightest. Asantelian isn't traditionally Kildarian land. And, it's not my problem that my county has been busier than other places.
I don't say anything about destroying Kildare. I say it's a stupid reason if you just move the place because you're afraid that one duchy has too much influence. It's your county and not traditionally Kildarian, so you should decide. But that doesn't mean that I should agree with the reason.
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

Gil'les Mel'ang

Post by Gil'les Mel'ang »

Note: I had posted a comment here, but I removed it. This is because I am now vying for a diplomatic role, and my opinions about certain other nations will have to be now more diplomatic. Sorry to whom all this may disappoint.

Kaiser Fish XII

Jonas wrote: I don't say anything about destroying Kildare. I say it's a stupid reason if you just move the place because you're afraid that one duchy has too much influence. It's your county and not traditionally Kildarian, so you should decide. But that doesn't mean that I should agree with the reason.
I'm not afraid of anything. I think a nation with one duchy is boring. As Kaiser, I should be looking out for the interests of the whole nation. If the whole nation is Kildare, I might as well just be Dutch and balls to everyone else.

I don't think the best thing for the Imperial Republic of Shireroth is the Imperial Republic of Kildare. Supporting a nation consisting of multiple subdivisions is my judgement of what's best, and I'm doing it in a way that keeps traditional Kildare intact.

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

If you say so. About the subdivisions being all that important, that is. You can't force people to create culture and you can't force culture to be interesting. Since the democracy was added, there's no need for trying to create stuff and suck up to dukes to eventually get a ducal position yourself, as a duke is no more than a glorified moderator.

Kaiser Fish XII

I think we really lost something when the landsraad was opened to everyone, honestly.

And also, I'm trying to get stuff moving, even if just a little. If that's futile, then what the fuck is the point of being kaiser? I might as well just stop now and go back to doing my own thing in Asantelian and ignoring everyone else like I was doing before I became Dutch of Kildare.

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

I was not suggesting, nor do I encourage, such an action.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

My apologies, Your Niftiness, I misread Ynnrail for Illumination. I won't stop you and find the reason you give now (more active subdivisions) much more satisfying.
About the Dukes: we still have to install that council... :document

Kaiser Fish XII

We need dukes to be on the council first :document

Gil'les Mel'ang

Post by Gil'les Mel'ang »

A ducal council would be splendid, Your Niftiness.

Return to “Ministry of Immigration and Naturalization”