Resignation of citizenship

Handles the census, and migration to, from and within Shireroth; apply for citizenship here

Moderator: Edgard

Malliki Tosha

Resignation of citizenship

Post by Malliki Tosha »

EDIT: Oh, so I don't forget. I would like my account in the bank moved to Samudra, Antica. That doesn't seem like an unreasonable request.

EDIT2: Nevermind, did it myself. You can kill the account 'Malliki Tosha'.

Yeah, I didn't think this day was gonna come so soon.

Shireroth isn't fun anymore. The last months have been just a string of conflicts. The flag, Houses, Duchies, Anandja II, etc. etc. etc. I see no point in staying here. I tried to contribute in a positive manner with the MiniInfo and MoMA, but I can't seem to find any motivation to do anything. The sad and bitter reality is that Shireroth has stalled. Instead of leading the sector, Shireroth is somewhere out back beating itself to death. Nothing new and fun happens anymore. The Kaisers change, sure, but the policies and what we try to do is the same, over and over again. I'm also not going to lie to you. This last move by Max is really just the last straw. I know it's "in character" and everything is all peaches and rosebuds, but I just can't stick around for yet another Shirerithian conflict. Let's just face it, we can't handle conflict in this country, and I hate how I behave here during them. I also think that Max's analysis of what this sector needs is fundamentally flawed. A recwar will only engage a few interested people, the rest will probably not care. What we should be doing is try to bring new fresh blood into the sector. I seriously doubt that a recwar will do that.

So, I hereby resign my citizenship in Shireroth, effective immediately. I will still manage Mortis Mercatoria FC in the soccer league, but only as a foreign owner. I might come back later, I might not.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

Falkner van der Sluijs

Re: Resignation of citizenship

Post by Falkner van der Sluijs »

Malliki Tosha wrote: What we should be doing is try to bring new fresh blood into the sector.
I'm working on it! Goddamn! I can't do it overnight! :knife
Dutch of Kildare
Jarl in Asantelian
Steward of Shireroth
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
Perennial Ghoti

Elliot Markham

Post by Elliot Markham »

It's too bad you've decided not to stick around. Please reconsider. Shireroth is doing acceptably well. Also, one way or another, the situation with Max and his proposed Republic will be resolved. When it is resolved, then there will be some more stability.

Regards,

E. Markham

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

I'm not sure how I feel about "punishing" all of Shireroth because Max is being stupid. But yeah. I've basically already resigned my citizenship too in every reality except with the form for most of the same reasons. I don't post the form anymore because it attracts all sorts of people making smug comments like "aha! I knew you'd be back!" if I want to post on the forums every once in a while.

Not sure what's up with this place but it seems fundamentally unable to do anything interesting without either yelling and complaints or nobody really giving a damn. There's no and never really has been any community spirit and the few gems, like our good Kaiser's mapping efforts, are largely personal and detached. Heck, even Nelaga seems more interesting to me now, and it has about four active citizens, but we are able to make changes to the country and don't fight on every little stupid thing.

CJ Miller

Post by CJ Miller »

*implores the good and nifty Kaiser to deny Mike's request for emigration and prepares for the inevitable shitstorm*

Elliot Markham

Post by Elliot Markham »

Brilliant idea, CJ. *Points the minister to the DENIED stamp.*

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Malliki Tosha wrote:EDIT: Oh, so I don't forget. I would like my account in the bank moved to Samudra, Antica. That doesn't seem like an unreasonable request.

EDIT2: Nevermind, did it myself. You can kill the account 'Malliki Tosha'.
I've deactivated the account (we don't delete them anymore, it messes with the records), though it would have been easy enough to move if you'd waited. I can always reactivate it later (moved or not) if you decide you prefer the name Malliki Tosha.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Nah, Malliki is fine by me. It's not like anyone else is going to use it. :p
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Perhaps this will lead to our rescue: with everyone leaving, a handful of people can make agreements and restore the nation to its former glory.

And don't get me wrong: we had lots of disagreements in the past. I'm quite sure I'm still what frustrated by your Kaisership (but I can't even remember why) and those 'clouds' will have to disappear from my mind. But I can tell you that I have always had respect for you and hope you will return after a while. :)
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

We'll see Jonas. I've always respected you too.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Kaiser B'caw I

Post by Kaiser B'caw I »

Malliki has given notice in this thread of his intent to reimmigrate. I would like to ask the Minister to consider it effective immediately.

Return to “Ministry of Immigration and Naturalization”