Citizenship

Handles the census, and migration to, from and within Shireroth; apply for citizenship here

Moderator: Edgard

Elliot Markham

Citizenship

Post by Elliot Markham »

Legal name: Elliot Tadd Markham
Citizenship: None
Background information: McAdam and portland cement for all of Shireroth
Preferred duchy of residence: House Tessier-Ashpool (fan of the book)
Other: My PHP skills (for the Bank) and general micro-national expertise are at Shireroth's disposal.

Malliki Tosha

Re: Citizenship

Post by Malliki Tosha »

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

Kaiser Ikol II

Post by Kaiser Ikol II »

Well........I'd be happy to have you, but you know Malliki, you know he's in Shireroth and has been for a long time, and you know that he's very...well...you know. If you join Shireroth, you take the bad as well as the good. If you think you're thick-skinned enough to deal with him, or if you think you can win him over to not dislike you so much, that's great. But if you join, and Malliki keeps being Malliki, and then you get angry about it and demand I do something, I'm probably not going to have the energy to intervene. And if otherwise innocent threads get too cluttered with fighting between you two, I'll probably smackdown both of you without bothering to sort out whose fault it "really" is.

If you understand what you're getting yourself into, then I'm sure the Khan will be happy to process your paperwork next time he checks in. And if you think better of it, I'm sure the Anticans would be willing to take you back.

Right now we're not automatically giving out counties, but if you choose a place you like and start developing it without anyone's permission, I might eventually notice and grant it to you. Tessier-Ashpool mostly deals with the sancts (cities on platforms in the ocean) so you might want to choose one of those.

Your head of house is ICEBREAKER. Talk to him about any house and land issues (if you dare).

Elliot Markham

Post by Elliot Markham »

Thank you. I have been a citizen of Shireroth before under another name, so I am familiar with some aspects already. I think I know what to expect with Malliki. ICEBREAKER I might have to break the ice with--a little.

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

I don't like agreeing with Malliki on principle, but I want to go on record as to protesting this app as well. Having followed the Antican events as closely as someone who wasn't involved in the private conversations can do, I don't like what I am seeing about his claims against Chris and his other degenerate rambling when confronted with arguments evidence. Plus this guy has been saying Shireroth sucks for a while now and he that we're going to attack Antica and has been generally doing his best to slander Shireroth. Heck, for all I know, the Antican events were an elaborate cover to try to get us to believe that is totally against Antica so that he could earn our trust. Well, not gunna happen with me.

Kaiser Ikol II

Post by Kaiser Ikol II »

Put it before the Landsraad like we did with CJ, maybe?

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

I'd have no objections to that.

AryezturMejorkhor

Post by AryezturMejorkhor »

You guys are totally wrong if you think we put Elliot up to this to create some sort of elaborate plant. What you saw happen is what happened.
Last edited by AryezturMejorkhor on Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aryeztur Mejorkhor

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Leave it to the Minister. See what comes of it.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

He can't deny applications on his own. To the Landsraad!
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Since when? The Minister can deny apps all he wants. If it is appealed, then have the Landsraad deal with it.

What's the point of a Minister if he can't deny apps. He denied CJ 3 times...

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

He denied CJ because there was a Landsraad decision to deny it. Other than that, there is no provision of the LawBook nor any Ministerial guidelines regarding the denying of citizenship to anyone.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Thus allowing him to do so, based on the arguments you made in the Landsraad, a month ago, concerning matters not specified. We don't deny him the power, it's logically in his purview, so he must have the power to do so.

Elliot Markham

Post by Elliot Markham »

If I may, I would like to submit a change to my application. Instead of House Tessier-Ashpool, I would like to join House Kalir. Thank you.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

So you think the MiniImNat should be allowed to arbitrarily deny citizenship? Good to know.

Erik, you continue to disregard what I said back then. "To make things illegal or to establish a way to do things". You continue to take what I said about general issues, like gambling or marriage, and apply it to government institutions. Come up with your own argument for once.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Well what IS the point of this ministry if it's just rubber stamp? I don't think the Minister would be arbitrarily defining citizenship - at least, not if he wanted to remain minister for more than once incident of that nature.
AryezturMejorkhor wrote:You guys are totally wrong if you think we put Elliot up to this to create some sort of elaborate plant. What you saw happen is what happened.
It's less that I really believe that it is an Antican plot and more that Elliot is completely untrustworthy at this stage.

Falkner van der Sluijs

Post by Falkner van der Sluijs »

The Minister has the power to deny citizenship if the application breaks some sort of law, like the tricit law. Otherwise zie should be approving every application and if he sees fit to deny one, then it should be appealed to the landsraad.
Dutch of Kildare
Jarl in Asantelian
Steward of Shireroth
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
Perennial Ghoti

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Elliot, you are paranoid and often a bit of an asshole. Also, Operation Light Blue Octopus had one single purpose: To mess with your head for laughs. The Kezan messages were part of it, and not only several Shirithians (including Scott and Malliki) but also Chris and Ruth were involved. Delphi gave his blessing for his account in Shireroth to be used, too.
AryezturMejorkhor wrote:You guys are totally wrong if you think we put Elliot up to this to create some sort of elaborate plant. What you saw happen is what happened.
You should learn to be less paranoid too.

Look, Shireroth and Antica will happily prank and shame each other, but we're long past the time we feel the need to attack each other's forums. As Harvey said, the idea that Antica would bother sending Elliot as a plant for some kind of a nefarious purpose is ridiculous. This seems to be not just known but common knowledge to everyone but you and Elliot.

Seriously, the two of you. Get with the game. You're funny when you're making up ridiculous paranoid fantasies or getting offended over imagined slights or the other stuff that you do, but there's a limit to how much funny you can produce. Couldn't you try being sane for a change?
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Kaiser Ikol II

Post by Kaiser Ikol II »

So basically, what you're telling Elliot is "There was a long-term secret international operation going on to screw with your head; also, you should be less paranoid all the time"

Oh, and strange but true fact! Did you know that in some South American countries, it is considered "taboo" for people to reveal details of classified operations publically without consulting anyone else?

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Ain't paranoia if they're actually out to get you :p. Put it this way: In the hypothetical universe where Elliot didn't start running around like a headless chicken on crack the moment we actually had a Kaiser in Shireroth who was somewhat organised, there wouldn't have been a need for the operation in the first place. An operation which, incidentally, is over and done with now. Maybe putting it out in the open now will allow milking a few last drops of funny out of it :)

Icebreaker

Post by Icebreaker »

WAIT, SOMEONE ACTUALLY BELIEVED THAT OPERATION WAS WORTH SOMETHING? I THOUGHT IT WAS PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE THAT MICRONATIONALISTS WERE AMAZINGLY INCOMPETENT AND COULDN'T HACK THEIR WAY OUT OF A PILE OF WET TISSUES ANYWAY?

AryezturMejorkhor

I know all this. I don't know why you suddenly directed this at me too.
Aryeztur Mejorkhor

Elliot Markham

Post by Elliot Markham »

Ari Rahikkala wrote:Elliot, you are paranoid and often a bit of an asshole. Also, Operation Light Blue Octopus had one single purpose: To mess with your head for laughs. The Kezan messages were part of it, and not only several Shirithians (including Scott and Malliki) but also Chris and Ruth were involved. Delphi gave his blessing for his account in Shireroth to be used, too.
You should learn to be less paranoid too.

Look, Shireroth and Antica will happily prank and shame each other, but we're long past the time we feel the need to attack each other's forums. As Harvey said, the idea that Antica would bother sending Elliot as a plant for some kind of a nefarious purpose is ridiculous. This seems to be not just known but common knowledge to everyone but you and Elliot.

Seriously, the two of you. Get with the game. You're funny when you're making up ridiculous paranoid fantasies or getting offended over imagined slights or the other stuff that you do, but there's a limit to how much funny you can produce. Couldn't you try being sane for a change?

This is ridiculous. Now I can trust none of you.

I will be rethinking my request for citizenship in Shireroth. I can excuse some Shirerithian involvement, but Antica's involvement clearly makes my arguments against Antica and Octavius' behavior justifiable.

Elliot Markham

Post by Elliot Markham »

I have decided to withdraw my request for citizenship and will soon be leaving the hobby altogether. T hose who caused me to leave--I hope you are all giddy with joy. Goodbye.

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Oh, just one thing before you leave. Sorry to impose on you like this, but... may I see a sample of your PHP code? See, you do have a unique mentality, and I'm curious about how that translates to your programming style - are you highly careful and organised? Are you good at keeping up good coding habits or are you perhaps bad at noticing and stamping out bad style? You mentioned your programming skill in the citizenship application, and, well, I showed you something good, so I kind of feel entitled for quid pro quo ;)

AryezturMejorkhor

Sad news.
Aryeztur Mejorkhor

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

AryezturMejorkhor wrote:I know all this. I don't know why you suddenly directed this at me too.
Yeah, I guess I was being a bit too strict there. Basically, if it's common knowledge that Elliot's not a plant, then there shouldn't really even be a need to mention it that he isn't one. Gets a bit circuitous if you run through the entire reasoning of i-know-you-know-i-know, I'll leave the precise derivation as homework.

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

emarkham

Post by emarkham »

Ari, I've sent you a PM with some example code from me. It is from Antica's Bank, which is no longer in use; however, when Antica's Bank was operational, it displayed the account balances. Perhaps that should give you an example of my coding style.

I believe I am close to making my exit. I will not say that there were not good times in micro-nationalism, and that I will not miss them. However it is time to move on. Goodbye.

AryezturMejorkhor

I would like to honor you in Aryez by naming a city in the new territories after you: Vasropur. Farewell.
Aryeztur Mejorkhor

Return to “Ministry of Immigration and Naturalization”