Reduced Activity Notice

Handles the census, and migration to, from and within Shireroth; apply for citizenship here

Moderator: Edgard

Edgard

Reduced Activity Notice

Post by Edgard »

I'm notifying you guys that I won't be too active at least until Wednesday or Thursday. It might be a little longer, so I'm not exactly sure. This last weekend has been... a shit show, and that's an understatement. I have to take care of a lot of things in my personal life with a very nasty break up with the person I was living with. I apologize for my inactivity over the weekend, I still don't have internet at my new house.

Thank you for understanding, once the shit's gone, I'll be able to be more active here. :) Just wish me luck as I deal with post-break up death threats and insults...

Aurangzeb Khan

Re: Reduced Activity Notice

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

At least you get death threats. All I got was a sigh of relief.

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

And I've rarely had an opportunity to get either death threats or sighs of relief. Alas.

At any rate, Edgard, good luck with everything!

Edgard

Post by Edgard »

I would like to announce that I am returning full time to Shireroth. I look forward to becoming involved - anyone care to help me start?

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

Whoa...someone who actually wants to do work!

You're somewhere in Kildare, aren't you? If you're interested in football, you could try making a county there a football team for the new league.

I'm Minister of the Exterior, and I need ambassadors. I've got Ashkenatza, Gralus, and Batavia (if you speak Dutch) open, so choose one. Antica's really the most important ambassador, and I'm starting to think I need to fire Jake because he's never around, but for now if you take one of those three I could promote you to the Antica position if things don't pick up over there.

Mike is Minister of Information, and he's doing a bit of work on fictional transportation like air and rail, but it's still nowhere near what some countries like Ashkenatza have got in that area. If you've got some graphics skills, you might want to talk to him and see how you can help.

Ardashir is Minister of Military Affairs. You can ask him if the military needs anything. But make sure to ask quietly...I think he might be asleep.

When Duke Andreas gets back in a week or so, you can talk to him about Kildare-specific stuff. I'd love to see them make an expansionist effort and start trying to claim more land - maybe it'd force the other Houses to respond.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

I'm waiting to get off my ass now that Shyriath's MAP OF AWESOME is doneish.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

Kaiser B'caw I

Post by Kaiser B'caw I »

Ah, welcome back, Edgard! (This is Shyriath.) Have things gotten less... well, shitty... for you?

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Would you like perhaps to take over this ministry? That way I can go back to alternating between sleep, career induced hysteria, and day-dreaming about doing stuff like this for MoMA.

Edgard

Post by Edgard »

Oh hi, Shyriath! Or wait, Your Niftiness... yes, things have gotten a lot less shittier, thank you. Now I look forward to kicking back, relaxing and participating here.

I would gladly take over this Ministry, of course. I have been looking for a job, and I feel that will give me purpose here. What exactly would be the job duties and responsibilities? Oh, and do I get to incite pogroms? Thanks!

Oh, and Scott, I could definitely serve as ambassador. I speak Spanish and French as well! I would gladly like to put those skills to use.

Elliot Markham

Post by Elliot Markham »

English, French and Spanish are the languages of Empires and each, at one time or another, are or were great lingua francas. Edgard is lucky to know them; he could have been a dilettante of all the courts of Europe in the 1700s, perhaps like Voltaire. (Though then you'd have to be able to say deeply profound stuff all the time too.) Shireroth should make Edgard its ambassador to the Small Commonwealth in recognition of his interest in diplomacy. I think Batavia, since it speaks another language (Dutch), would appreciate a polyglot, even if he is not Dutch-speaking. Other non-English speaking nations probably would as well.

Kaiser B'caw I

Post by Kaiser B'caw I »

I would gladly take over this Ministry, of course. I have been looking for a job, and I feel that will give me purpose here. What exactly would be the job duties and responsibilities?
On a day-to-day basis, processing immigration applications is probably the most common duty. Generally, if there is legalistic reason to decline an application, it will probably be the Tri-Citizenship law, which says that citizens of Shireroth may not be citizens of more than three micronations at once (Shireroth being one of them). See also this thread for the current Minister's perspective on this.

There is also the Census, which is held every two months. (We're about due for the July/August one to start, I think.) It has its own subforum under this Ministry; you can have a look at the past censuses to get an idea of how that usually goes.

I think there've been, at various times, plans to have this Ministry more active in population tracking, but I don't know if any of those bore fruit...

Edgard

Post by Edgard »

Kaiser B'caw I wrote:
I would gladly take over this Ministry, of course. I have been looking for a job, and I feel that will give me purpose here. What exactly would be the job duties and responsibilities?
On a day-to-day basis, processing immigration applications is probably the most common duty. Generally, if there is legalistic reason to decline an application, it will probably be the Tri-Citizenship law, which says that citizens of Shireroth may not be citizens of more than three micronations at once (Shireroth being one of them). See also this thread for the current Minister's perspective on this.

There is also the Census, which is held every two months. (We're about due for the July/August one to start, I think.) It has its own subforum under this Ministry; you can have a look at the past censuses to get an idea of how that usually goes.

I think there've been, at various times, plans to have this Ministry more active in population tracking, but I don't know if any of those bore fruit...
Hm, sounds like a job I'd like! I can definitely do it.
Elliot Markham wrote:English, French and Spanish are the languages of Empires and each, at one time or another, are or were great lingua francas. Edgard is lucky to know them; he could have been a dilettante of all the courts of Europe in the 1700s, perhaps like Voltaire. (Though then you'd have to be able to say deeply profound stuff all the time too.) Shireroth should make Edgard its ambassador to the Small Commonwealth in recognition of his interest in diplomacy. I think Batavia, since it speaks another language (Dutch), would appreciate a polyglot, even if he is not Dutch-speaking. Other non-English speaking nations probably would as well.
I can speak all three languages, but whether I can go around and constantly share profound thoughts is a different matter! :p :D I would love to have the honor to serve as an ambassador to a Spanish or French speaking micronation!

Kaiser B'caw I

Post by Kaiser B'caw I »

Very well... If you feel up to the job, then probably tomorrow I'll issue an Imperial Order making you MiniImNat; and then Ardy can turn his attention to other things.

Edgard

Post by Edgard »

Thank you, Your Niftiness! I would be honored to serve as MinImNat.

Kaiser B'caw I

Post by Kaiser B'caw I »

Tag... you're it. :kaiser

Edgard

Post by Edgard »

Thank you! I just saw it, I am greatly honored!

Return to “Ministry of Immigration and Naturalization”