Best Reform Ever: A new bimestrial census!

Handles the census, and migration to, from and within Shireroth; apply for citizenship here

Moderator: Edgard

Kaiser Malarbor I

Best Reform Ever: A new bimestrial census!

Post by Kaiser Malarbor I »

I would probably have forgotten to handle this today if Harvey hadn't mentioned it. Anyway, the truth is, the Bimestrial census is one of those wacky traditions that are old enough that if I completely did away, I'd probably get haunted at night by the ghost of Gryphon the Pure's micronational existence... but that doesn't mean that we can't make it less of a bore to answer, by means of removing all of the questions whose answers are tracked in a more convenient somewhere else, and making the rest optional if possible.

In practise, this means that this...
The Basics:
Name:
Account:
Residence:
Position:
Nobility:
Citizenship:
Awards:
Photo:
Webpage:
-------------------------

The Optionals:

What's a quote that pretty much describes you at the moment?

If you were able to have any position in Shireroth, what would it be, and why?
Is changed as follows:
- Name: Just removed, because of the ambiguity in how to actually answer it, and because it's kinda unlikely that the answer will ever actually change.
- Account: Just removed, as the most redundant question ever. We could have a registry of double logins somewhere if they become anything of a problem, I suppose. Personally I kinda like not always remembering precisely who is behind each RP DL.
- Residence: Residence at the duchal level is plainly visible from one's name colour. Residence at sub-duchal level makes a nice optional question though.
- Position: Plainly visible from moderator lists. Just removed.
- Nobility: Plainly visible from moderator lists. Just removed.
- Citizenship: The only one that shouldn't be changed, as far as I can tell. Well, except to change the wording to something less ambiguous, something like "foreign micronational citizenships".
- Contact: In user profiles. Anything phpBB can't deal with can probably be put on your wiki page, and I don't think it should be a census matter since means of contact don't change that often. Just removed.
- Photo: Should be optional, if even that.
- Webpage: In user profiles, though I don't mind having it as an optional question.

Witness, then, the new bimestrial census!
What micronational citizenships do you currently hold beside Shireroth?

----
Optional questions.

Where in Shireroth do you live?

Got any interesting Shireroth-related aspirations recently?

Anything you've done lately people that haven't paid enough attention to?
See any good movies lately?

You are standing atop the highest point of the Vinson Massif, wielding a baseball bat and staring at the sky determinedly. Please describe in a few sentences the events that led to these circumstances.
Standing orders for the ministry: The first, second, and third optional questions should stay the same in each form.

The fourth question should be changed for each census form. For instance, aside movies, you could ask about favourite songs, books, poems, quotes, various sorts of people (celebrities, scientists, politicians, athletes, etc., and dead, alive, and fictional variations thereof), websites, cutlery items, foods, emoticons, paintings, IRC nicks, roleplaying systems, mental disorders, comics, etc..

The fifth question should just be as idiosyncratic as possible :).

Jonas

Re: Best Reform Ever: A new bimestrial census!

Post by Jonas »

Boooo!! You just destroyed our culture!

:p
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Some of the questions were nice for archival reasons. A fact you pointed out Ari in the chat.

Kaiser Malarbor I

Post by Kaiser Malarbor I »

I could see if I can come up with a variation on http://shireroth.org/forum/memberlist.php?mode=leaders to help with that, I think...

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

*shrug* If that gets the info so we can maybe compile data at a later date.. sure?

Return to “Ministry of Immigration and Naturalization”