Application for Citizenship: John Darcy

Handles the census, and migration to, from and within Shireroth; apply for citizenship here

Moderator: Edgard

darcyj

Application for Citizenship: John Darcy

Post by darcyj »

Legal Name: John Darcy

Age: That is privileged information; suffice to say that not only am I older than 13, but that I was born when The Beatles were still together.

Contact: Private Message on this board or on MicroHub. You really want my email? It is john_p_darcy - at - yahoo - dot - com - dot - au

Citizenship: Apart from being a citizen by birth of the Commonwealth of Australia, and a Time Lord (but don't tell The Doctor because he still thinks he is the last survivor) I am King of Novasolum; but I do not intend to go by my royal title and styles here in Shireroth.

Background Information: I have been in micronationalism for just on 8 years, with about 5 years' connection to the sector covered by the late MNN; it was through those channels that I first heard of Shireroth. Being fully concerned with my own nations and their concerns, Shireroth was just something "over there". I freely admit that it is the possibility of developing a viable economy which has drawn me hither.

Duchy: No preferences, but I must say that the descriptions I have read of the various duchies do not fill me with confidence in any of them. Brookshire seems to be the best option, as I remain as conservative as they come.

--

John

Prince Ísur-Ai

Re: Application for Citizenship: John Darcy

Post by Prince Ísur-Ai »

Welcome home, Mr Darcy! Your application is approved.

I will put you down in Shirekeep for the time being, giving you a chance of finding yourself a place where you want to live.

Kaiseress Anandja I

Post by Kaiseress Anandja I »

Yay, an new citizen! :yay:

I really recommend Brookshire, if you like conservative. I think there are still free counties there.
Love and Happiness,

Kaiseress Anandja I
Marchioness of Goldshire
Baroness of Lakhesis

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Welcome! Welcome!
I hope you don't mind that I say that Sermolot (a barony within Kildare) is the perfect place to start. :angel
We are conservative, have a Baron / Senechal (me, I will get coronated at the end of the month) who acts as a king, love history and tradition. Audentior has one of the oldest cities of the Sector (Apollo City), which is rebuild after the attachment by Shireroth. It has a marvelous skyline! :love
If you don't like big cities, we still have Demesos and New Jasonia. Which are seperated from Audentior by the Antya River. New Jasonia has Mons Clistiro, the coronation city of the Dukes of Kildare.
You can have a county if you want. Demesos and New Jasonia are still free. :document
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

darcyj

Post by darcyj »

The offer of a county is most generous. I'll just potter around for a little bit, to see what other bribes offers may arrive.

--

John

darcyj

Post by darcyj »

Prince Ísur-Ai wrote:Welcome home, Mr Darcy! Your application is approved.
Thank you, Your Royal Highness, I shall do my best to be worthy of that approval.

--

John

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Take the time you need. :)

As long as you come to my side, the dark (conservative) side! :evil
:angel
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

...wow.

Mr. Darcy, allow me to say that this was right up there with the Pope converting to Islam in the "things I never expected to see" category. Shireroth's in the process of getting too non-serious even for me, and you were always the one demanding we be more serious over at MCS and MNN, so even with Andreas' economic work, which is definitely your kind of thing, I'm shocked to see you in this department.

Normally I'd predict no good could come of this, but Mike Fors also started out in more serious parts of micronationalism, and now he's going around calling himself Kaiseress Anandja I and making decrees with the word "lolzy" in them, so I suppose anything can happen.

Welcome to Shireroth, and may your stay here be a good one.

darcyj

Post by darcyj »

Scott, if my sanity ever gets called into question by some kind of osmosis-induced change around here, then I will publish my home address to make it easy for anyone with the connections to organise my assassination.

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

...and a Time Lord (but don't tell The Doctor because he still thinks he is the last survivor)...
Scott, if my sanity ever gets called into question by some kind of osmosis-induced change around here

And WE'RE the crazy ones around here? Dude, you belong in Yardistan. :D

(and welcome!)
What follows has lead me to this place where I belong, with all erased.

Bacchus

Post by Bacchus »

Indeed, welcome! :party Always nice to see a name I recognise.
The High Priest of Bacchus, or Dionysos Eleutherios, the bull-horned god
The poster formerly known as Benkern
Eaaaaohhh! Join in the dance!
official representative of the Channel Islanders in Yardistan

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Well then! I'd already put you down as Brookshirithian, but since we're apparently competing after all, here goes. I'm a bit tipsy at the moment and surrounded by partying people so I'll just try to get the arguments down quickly: You should join Straylight because...

- In case you're interested in participating in the Landsraad, Straylight is probably your fastest route there. Each duchy gets to have only one person speak and vote in the Landsraad, and I'm the only duke who routinely gives out emissaryship to citizens.
- I use my income from my job as MiniInt (minister of the interior, i.e. technical administrator of sorts, generally the best-paying position in the nation) to support my citizens economically. See how Shyriath, a Straylightian, is Dutch of Kildare? That's because Andreas, the previous Dutch, had put the position up for sale - I donated the money (in exchange for a contract that you'll get to see if you're a citizen of Straylight :document). Of course I don't make enough to make large wealth allocations that often, and I currently have a pretty large expense (also to support a Straylightian) in the pipeline... but being on my side will mean having me on your side and might pay off eventually :)
- On the roleplaying/worldbuilding side of things, it's the one place on Micras that's all about seasteading, and I have googled "darcyj" :p. I don't know if this side of micronationalism interests you, but even if it doesn't, at least we know we share an interest :).
- We're kind of perceived to be the underling duchy at the moment as we don't have a lot of local activity (we do just as much on the national scene as the others though). Your participation would help balance things out :)
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Well Mr Darcy... there's a thing. Brigadier Hugh O'Neil, formerly of Gotzborg, sends his regards and invites you to tiffin in Elwynn at your convenience.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

- We're kind of perceived to be the underling duchy at the moment as we don't have a lot of local activity (we do just as much on the national scene as the others though). Your participation would help balance things out :)
Yes, Ari is right...

- No, he isn't! Join Sermolot!
*Yes, he is! Join Straylight!
- No, he isn't...
*Shut up and listen to me!

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

I was born when The Beatles were still together.
Just a kid......

The ancientcyberian welcomes you to Shireoth. You would be a stabilizing influence in Yardistan.

I always think one should play counter to type. Oh, excuse me a minute......

Narsvogle,
CAT!
Jacobus Loki
Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

darcyj

Post by darcyj »

The Khan of Vijayanagara wrote:Well Mr Darcy... there's a thing. Brigadier Hugh O'Neil, formerly of Gotzborg, sends his regards and invites you to tiffin in Elwynn at your convenience.
Greetings, sir, hail and well met. You do realise that your citizenship of Novasolum, and your nobility in that Kingdom as Baron O'Neill, remains valid and intact (should it ever be of more than academic interest)?

darcyj

Post by darcyj »

And the winner is ... County of Demesos, Baronial Empire of Sermalot, Duchy of Kildare. The fact that Demesos has no article on the Wiki was no deterrent ... it might have been the clincher, actually. Easier to rewrite history when there is none MUHAHAHAHAHA.

Taxi!!!

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Oh! Yay! That's great! :yay:

Together, we will make Sermolot the most powerful barony of Kildare! :evil

Scott of Hyperborea

And the winner is ... County of Demesos, Baronial Empire of Sermalot, Duchy of Kildare. The fact that Demesos has no article on the Wiki was no deterrent ... it might have been the clincher, actually. Easier to rewrite history when there is none MUHAHAHAHAHA.
Oh no. Sacred Truth and Beauty, no. NONONONONONONONONONONOOOOOOOOoooo....

You know what Demesos is, right? It's Bill Dusch's old micronation which got annexed through a long complicated series of annexing places that annexed other places and so on.

Now, Bill's not around anymore, and you can probably go three, maybe six months before he notices anything. But when he does...look, Mr. Darcy, Bill already hates you with the burning force of a thousand suns, in the special way that only Bill can. If he finds out you've got Demesos and you're rewriting its history, he'll...he'll....well, at the very least he'll complain very loudly and I'll have to listen to it.

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Now Bjorngard in Elwynn... no irrational Bill hatred to worry about there... just a failed dystopian hell-hole...

Iskander Mirkdale

Post by Iskander Mirkdale »

The Earl of Eliria and Utasia
MNN, MMR, AFV, II

Bacchus

Post by Bacchus »

I loved all of the old Bjorngard stuff, and the forum skin. Good times.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Demesos isn't really the same as the United Demesos. The UD was on the other shore (the part above Demesos), with the current county as some far corner of the nation. Nontheless, the county was never developped, but we (Andreas and I) had / have certain plans to make it our Kildarian economic center. What doesn't mean that John can't develop it the way he wants. If Bill wants to have his say, he needs to be here. And in the meantime (and later on) John can do with the land what he wants, as it is the county of Demesos, a name chose to honor the old one but in no way obligated to follow its history.

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

darcyj wrote:
The Khan of Vijayanagara wrote:Well Mr Darcy... there's a thing. Brigadier Hugh O'Neil, formerly of Gotzborg, sends his regards and invites you to tiffin in Elwynn at your convenience.
Greetings, sir, hail and well met. You do realise that your citizenship of Novasolum, and your nobility in that Kingdom as Baron O'Neill, remains valid and intact (should it ever be of more than academic interest)?
That's very interesting news indeed. I am sure the Baron will keep it in mind.

darcyj

Post by darcyj »

Jonas wrote:If Bill wants to have his say, he needs to be here.
Precisely. Just as he wasn't within a week's comet ride of the continent we chose to name "Novasolum" but, seeing some long-forgotten-and-abandoned microfraction of his half-baked ideas being "threatened" (as he would have it), he rode in on his white donkey and made merry hell.

Terra nullius, if you ask me. (Not Bill, he is neuronis nullius).

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

I miss him anyway.

Scott of Hyperborea

Hey, I'm not saying you can't have it. Just warning you about the weeks of misery and loud arguments you are dooming yourself to sometime in the near future. But good luck with the development work.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Don't scare my new citizen, Scott. :no
I will not allow Bill to behave like that. Besides, when he left, Demesos didn't exist and was a part of Automatica. Times change and we can't stay living in the past, just because Bill can argue about a county he never develloped.

Bacchus

Post by Bacchus »

Jeez Bill! What's your friggin' problem... douche bag! :fish

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Bill is still a lot of fun. You just have to know when to ignore him, and when to pay attention.

Return to “Ministry of Immigration and Naturalization”