Who's here?

Kaiser Letifer II

Who's here?

Post by Kaiser Letifer II »

So I'm just taking the old council as mine for now. Who's here?

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

I am for now.

I completely forgot this place was here, so now I have somewhere I can tell you what I've been waiting for you to get on AIM for.

We may want to try Delphi. We have proof positive that he's involved in some way with Tgaoth and obstructing our investigation, and some evidence that he may actually *be* Tgaoth. A trial may be the only fair way to deal with this. On the other hand, someone (I think Bill) mentioned that he threatened to leave if we accused him of this, so you will have to make a difficult choice.

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

Whp else would want the Antica's gone but him?

And if he is (part of) Tgaoth, do we really want him in the country?

Kaiser Letifer II

Yes, but if he is indeed innocent, than we insulted him. And if we don't confict him, and public oppinion is against him, we look bad. It's sad when politics gets into justice.

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

From everything I've looked at (including tracing back IPs and proxy programs, talking to the Anticans, talking to Delphi, and digging around in the fora), Delphi's the only possibility.

Scott of Hyperborea

Note that I'm recommending a trial, not an immediate conviction. At which point we can look through the evidence and decide whether he's guilty. If he leaves because we try him, that's too bad, but we can't let that affect our judgment.

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

Wouldn't leaving due to trial imply guilt anyway?

Kaiser Letifer II

no. In the same right that not testifying against yourself doesn't imply guilt. But it does raise questions.

I'de proly have the Judex deal with the case, though I do question Reigna's compotence for a Trial of this nature, she was instilled to deal with Law, not criminal cases. So I might have to deal with it personally. Which I don't want to for polic reasons, I'm sad to admit. Just another reason people could use to hate me.

Scott of Hyperborea

Who is Reigna?

Also, unless the site password has been changed since Delphi was fired as MiniInfo, he still has the site password. I suggest that be fixed BEFORE we put him on trial, just in case he gets very upset.

Greg Dean
Location: Florencia, Barony of The Holy Lands of Shireroth, Duchy of Naudia'Diva

Post by Greg Dean »

I changed that last week. Not to worry. :)

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

I'm changing the Shireroth account password. Anyone who needs it, get a hold of me.

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

Nevermind, someone already did it.

Greg Dean
Location: Florencia, Barony of The Holy Lands of Shireroth, Duchy of Naudia'Diva

Post by Greg Dean »

As I said, already done. :)

Kaiser Letifer II

You changed the site password.. how'd you do that? wait... ugh.. I ask later.. my mind is foggy right now.

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

*Pokes his head in as well*

I've been wondering about Delphi myself. I knew that the Republic hadn't been able to get a backup, but no one seemed to answer when I asked if the Dinarchy had managed it. Over in Lemuria, Kuralyov (I think that's who it was) seems also to have arrived at the conclusion that Delphi is responsible, and annoyingly paranoid as he seems to be, he did have some good points.

I was hoping to hear that Delphi wasn't involved, but in such a fashion as this do dreams pass...

Do we know for sure how the Antica attacks were carried out? And if so, do we have (or can we get) the means to defend against such an attack on our fora? If Delphi proves to be guilty and he is punished, or if he otherwise decides there's a reason to hold a grudge against us for trying to connect him to this business, we ought to be as ready as possible in the event that he tries something against us.

Scott of Hyperborea

Thus spake Sander:

Either the attacker guessed the passwords he needed (in which case our only defense is to make our passwords complex and hard to guess)

Or the attacker hacked the passwords he needed somehow (in which case we still should make our passwords complex and hard to guess, but we really just have to hope whatever hacking method he used doesn't work on us)

Or the attacker exploited some flaw in phpBB (in which case we're all doomed)

In any case, our best defense is to have good and frequent backups.

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

From what I've heard from Foghorn, the phpBB itself was perfectly fine; what happened was that the hacker actually got onto their server and deleted the mySQL directory. In essence, instead of deleting the forum from within, he took the entire forum and dragged it (shell and all) into the trash bin.

AngelGuardian93

Post by AngelGuardian93 »

*sigh*
There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Scott of Hyperborea

I think Sander is aware of that. He would again need to either have guessed the website password, hacked the website password, or have exploited a flaw in phpBB that allows you to manipulate the phpBB directory as a normal phpBB user.

Ari Rahikkala

Re: Who's here?

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Requesting declassification per Declassification act of 3742.
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Return to “Classified Archives - Declassification of Christmas 2009”