Is It Really Worth It?

Scott of Hyperborea

Re: Is It Really Worth It?

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

Let's ride it out. I like a challenge. Look at what Babkha does. They annex someone through an unscrupulous method, everyone complains, eventually the complaints die down, and at the end of the day everyone likes them again.If worst comes to worst, we can tell Delphi that the situation has grown untenable, and that he either has to agree to some compromise with the Republic (which we can easily work out) or leave. But I don't think we're anywhere NEAR that point yet.

Kaiseress Semisa I

Post by Kaiseress Semisa I »

As long as you think we can ride it out, I have no problems.This is your brainchild, Scott, and I've got faith in you. Just make it work.

UEC

Post by UEC »

I think our real rising problem is Elywnn. They are talking currency now.. and joining organizations outside of SHireroth... E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Kaiseress Semisa I

Is It Really Worth It?

It seems like our recent acquisition of the Dinarchy has caused everyone and their grandmother to turn their guns on us. What to do...? Edited by: Kaiseress Semisa I  at: 12/2/05 15:21

Kaiseress Semisa I

Okay, then what do we do about them? Edited by: Kaiseress Semisa I  at: 12/2/05 16:35

UEC

Post by UEC »

I think we may need to cap total duchy sizes at 10. specify that subdivisions may not join international organizations of any kind. and I had some other ideas.. but I forgot them at the moment.These would go in the Lawbook and Decrebook respectively.I also think we need some rules on secession, to make it impossible for subdivisions that were not once soverign powers, who when joining made an agreement which would let them loose, to secceed. E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Kaiseress Semisa I

[15:50] iamrhic: hey[15:50] Fax Celestis: hey[15:50] iamrhic: people are weird.....[15:50] Fax Celestis: ?[15:50] iamrhic: emperor säger: Our Kaiseress has opened a real Pandora's Box by annexing the Dinarchy...... rikard säger: why is that? emperor säger: You will find out in a couple of days...........[15:50] iamrhic: now harald warns me about something....[15:50] Fax Celestis: I've heard rumors too[15:51] iamrhic: you know anything concrete?[15:51] Fax Celestis: No....[16:07] iamrhic: "There are people out there who are attempting to build an anti-Shireroth coalition in order to wrest the Dinarchy out of the hands of Shireroth. By all means necessary"...[16:15] iamrhic: Some Nations find that Shireroth is becoming much too powerful. And there also outraged Republicans involved. rikard säger: and these nations would include?[16:16] iamrhic: still no answer on "why"[16:16] Fax Celestis: /nod[16:16] Fax Celestis: well, see what you can get.[16:16] iamrhic: i'll do my best[16:16] iamrhic: rikard säger: and these nations would include? emperor säger: Who are Shireroth's traditional rivals? rikard säger: GC? Attera? emperor säger: Bingo!![16:16] Fax Celestis: Damn it.[16:18] iamrhic: yeah...[16:23] iamrhic: it's really difficult getting anything out from him[16:24] iamrhic: rikard säger: but why...? and how...? rikard säger: i don't understand.... will they spam the forums? hack? do something really bad? rikard säger: harald...? emperor säger: I have no idea how they want accomplish that.[16:25] Fax Celestis: damn[16:26] iamrhic: i don't know how to interpret that...[16:26] Fax Celestis: neither do i[16:27] iamrhic: emperor säger: They [i.e GC, Attera] wanted Me to sign a declaration. rikard säger: do you have the text of that declaration? rikard säger: what kind of declaration did they want you to sign? emperor säger: I'm looking for the text. Edited by: Kaiseress Semisa I  at: 12/3/05 9:21

AngelGuardian93

Post by AngelGuardian93 »

Nothing new in that conversation.What to do with Elywnn? Decree that subdivisions cant make official deals or alliances outside Shireroth, or have their own currency. Simple.What to do with the Dinarchy? Yes, this is worth it. Everything's coming to a head, and its with us at the helm with two fingers ready to pop it. If it isn't us, it'll be someone else, so why not us? As for the GC thinking we're getting too big? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THEM?! *storms off* There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

*Raises his hand in agreement with Erik and Greg on the Elwynn issue*I thought it was already illegal for subdivisions to join organizations or alliances outside Shireroth, but if it isn't, now's the time. And if it is, might as well decree it again anyway to drive the point home.I also like Erik's suggestion about an anti-secession law:Quote:I also think we need some rules on secession, to make it impossible for subdivisions that were not once soverign powers, who when joining made an agreement which would let them loose, to secceed.Simultaneously protect annexees like Hyperborea and (more recently) Antica from having their secessional provisions revoked, but keep subdivisions with no historical basis for a separate existence in our grasp where they belong.I don't know how I feel about the currency thing yet, though... maybe edging towards dangerous, but it might be better just to keep an eye on that for now.

Scott of Hyperborea

Who are Emperor Sager and Rikard Sager?

Kaiseress Semisa I

Sager = "says".That would be a transcript between Harald Thorstein (Emperor) and Ric Lyon (Rikard).Also, Ric sent me the text of the deal going around.Quote:Whereas we have observed with alarm the growth of Shirerithian power over the proceeding year;And whereas the Imperial Republic of Shireroth has annexed by treaty the government of the Dinarchy of Antica, which some recognize as no government at all,Let it be known that the undersigned nations declare the following:1. That the aforementioned treaty, the Treaty of Aquilaria, is unacceptable to the parties of this declaration and furthermore to the micronational community at large.2. We therefore request the repeal of the aforesaid treaty by the appropriate organs of state within Shireroth.3. We furthermore let it known that the terms of the aforesaid treaty are held to be illegal by the respective signatories, and will not be respected if kept in place.4. The signatories declare that as the sole surviving government of Antica, the Antican Republic be granted full rights to all Antican land on the MCS.5. We furthermore declare that no future annexations by the Imperial Republic of Shireroth, or any successor state, shall be judged as lawful by the body of nations.6. It is furthermore stated that the claim of the Grand Commonwealth to Lac Glacei is supported by the signatory nations.7. In return for its support, the government of the Republic of Antica pledges to grant Attera the territory of New Brannum upon the return of Antican lands to the aforesaid government.8. We, the signatory nations, pledge our support to the terms of this declaration through whatever means may become necessary.My question is, why does Atterra want New Brannum so badly? I mean, Steven practically begged me just for that one piece of land before all this started. Edited by: Kaiseress Semisa I  at: 12/3/05 9:24

AngelGuardian93

Post by AngelGuardian93 »

Gooooood question, but we still don't have an answer for you. There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Scott of Hyperborea

Ooooooh, I was thinking that John Sager had somehow become an Emperor of somewhere. Okay, I'm silly.Delphi would be most likely to know the answer to the question about New Brannum; if you haven't asked it in SEP, you might want to.

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Well clearly, considering Byzantia's recent outburst, we need to stop any kind of foreign politicking on the part of fiefdoms. They're not allowed be disloyal in general, why let it pass when they're disloyal abroad?If they want to speak out of line, they can do it as foreigners, which is what they obviously feel they still are..

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

By the way, could I have access to here with my Wombat account? I feel like using it again. Take this one off if you like.I also seem to have lost my SEP access. Not that this unduly bothers me, but I have some news..

Kaiseress Semisa I

I removed your SEP access during the Attera thing, because you're a dual-citizen there. You can have it back now.

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

What Attera thing...?Thanks, can I have it on Funky Wombat as well, though?

Funky Wombat

Post by Funky Wombat »

Thankee! Eoinsy

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Requesting declassification per Declassification act of 3742.
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Return to “Classified Archives - Declassification of Christmas 2009”