Elwynn uses Babkhan Law...

UEC

Re: Elwynn uses Babkhan Law...

Post by UEC »

The problem is that doing this may be legit.. (except for where they can refer to a Babkhan Court for clairification) as it was done by decree. If it came to my court I personally have no idea what to do with it. If they used a ruling from a Babkhan court, I would set the presedent that you can only use rulings from Shireroth courts...But the laws themselves can be used as they stated specifically which laws. But I would rule that they must maintain their own copies of the documents. And that they cannot allow an alteration made by the Babkhan's to automatically transfer over.This makes them a subserviant state to Babkha... kinda...Did anyone else know about this? E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Kaiseress Semisa I

Post by Kaiseress Semisa I »

I did, but I didn't think it was a major issue. Now I realize it is.

UEC

Post by UEC »

Elywnn continues to turn into little Babkha.. soon Babkha will proly claim it for.. "cultural" reasons... I would not be surprised.. E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Kaiseress Semisa I

Post by Kaiseress Semisa I »

Ric told me personally that he won't let Elwynn leave Shireroth, as he believes it won't survive.

UEC

Elwynn uses Babkhan Law...

Post by UEC »

Quote:ON CRIMINAL AND LEGAL PROCEEDINGS OF THE DUCHY3 November 2005My fellow citizens,Whereas Babkhan law has been part of the legal heritage of Elwynn, but as of yet not been codified, I have been advised by my citizens who, as large, are experts in the fields of law. They have advised me to incorporate aspects of Babkhan law into the formal and legal framework of the Duchy.Babkha has for many years been renowned for the integrity of its courts and for the excellence of its laws and legal traditions. As such I feel that it appropriate for the cultural and legal development of the Duchy to recognise and to uphold Babkhan law in the Duchy of Elwynn and in its legal workings.The Lawbook of Shireroth authorises me, as the Duke of this land, to rule Elwynn in whatever way I like, and I feel that for the safety of my citizens and for the integrity and security of legal tradition, that certain legal rights are given them.To acknowledge this, the following Laws of Babkha are adopted to be laws of Elwynn.Code of Criminal Procedure,Code of Civil Procedure,Judiciary Act 2001,General Civil Code Criminal Act 2001, andAttorney General Act 2001.In those Acts, all references to the Kingdom, or “Babkha” shall be interpreted to mean the Duchy of Elwynn, and all territories thereto belonging. References to the Shah in aforementioned Codes shall be interpreted to mean the Duke or Duchess regnant of Elwynn. Also, all references to an Attorney General will mean an Elwynnese Attorney who shall be appointed by the Ducal Authority of Elwynn.A Court of Law shall be created in Elwynn, where the Supreme Court and the High Court will be Courts of Law in Elwynn, to be styled and titled the Supreme Court of Elwynn and the High Court of Elwynn. A Court of Appeals shall be vested in the Supreme Court of Babkha, and the Government of Elwynn or the Attorney of Elwynn may at any time petition a Court of Babkha for matters regarding the interpretation of laws and decrees in Elwynn. Elwynnese courts do, however, have the right to interpret laws and decrees.Signed:ANDELARIONDuke of Elwynn E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

UEC

Post by UEC »

I'm still afraid Babhka will try... I don't think Ric is the problem.. I tihnk it is Ardy... and Ardy is kinda the one voting for Elwynn and Steward and stuff.. E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

AngelGuardian93

Post by AngelGuardian93 »

There is nothing we can do until they try though. If we clamp down they'll just hang on to it all the tighter. There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Gryphon Avocatio

Post by Gryphon Avocatio »

Ardy is evil. Watch him like a hawk.*fades back into the shadows* HEY EVERYONE! NICK'S GONE! LET'S CHANGE ALL THE LAWS AND THE FORUM COLORS WHILE WE STILL CAN! - Scott

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

Sounds like excellent advice to me.

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Requesting declassification per Declassification act of 3742.
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Return to “Classified Archives - Declassification of Christmas 2009”