The Careless Compromise

Kaiseress Semisa I

Re: The Careless Compromise

Post by Kaiseress Semisa I »

Scott, you're an evil scheming madman, and I love you for it.

AngelGuardian93

Post by AngelGuardian93 »

Tell me my cues and i'm in. There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Scott of Hyperborea

The Careless Compromise

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

Matt (Careless Non-Sequitur) proposed this one. He and Steven agree to it, which means that even if Olorix doesn't, along with Foghorn and Octavius from the "take whatever we offer crowd" it's got more than enough support to pass. The question is now whether the MCS will give them the land in purple (probably) and whether we want it.I say go for it. We only lose one province (Phedodah) and a little bit of Plataea. Careless has clarified that, even though the map is kind of grainy and doesn't show it, we keep all of Aquilaria. So we've basically got four out of the five provinces, including the biggest and the most important, plus we're contiguous. Other than the little incursion into Plataea, this is basically them accepting our original gift, except with Phedodah instead of Kaikias (which Delphi will remember was the original plan).BUT - if Delphi agrees to this, I suggest we have a little bit of fun. Here's what I see happening:1. We all mention in various places, here, Antica, and abroad, how well the negotiations are going without being very specific.2. Delphi publically agrees to the terms. There is much rejoicing.3. The Kaiser announces that this is too important a matter to be decided in smoky back rooms, and calls for a full Landsraad vote.4. The Landsraad starts voting. Since Delphi, myself, and the Kaiser all approve, it's probably all in favor to begin with.5. I "suddenly" "discover" the Nafticon Declaration, and post it in the Landsraad Front Gate. All sorts of terrible condemnations of Antica ensue. I would add Attera to that, but I owe Johanns a favor, so mild "shame on you" stuff would be better there. The GC, of course, is a no-brainer. We plaster micronational news with the betrayal.6. There is a big debate in the Landsraad on whether or not to continue accepting the negotiations or whether we should not give the Republic a square inch. If we can't get a debate going naturally, the Kaiser gets the Praetor to give me (as the SHINE representative who discovered the treaty) and Delphi (who may or may not have become a Duke by this time anyway, but who is certainly an "expert" on this issue) permission to speak, and we choreograph the whole thing.7. I (or possibly someone else) try to convince the Landsraad to break off the negotiations and have some sort of horribly hostile policy to the Republic. Delphi, of all people, urges the Landsraad to bury the hatchet. After a long time, I finally concede to Delphi in a huff. The Landsraad passes the bill (if it doesn't look like this will happen, we reveal what's going on to as many trustworthy Dukes as we have to).8. We end up accepting the compromise above. The people who tried to betray us via the treaty have egg on their faces, and the Republic owes Delphi a gigantic favor.9. If this works out perfectly, one way to put icing on the cake would be for the Kaiser to decree New Brannum, which is currently going to the Republic, to go to Attera. It'd get the Republic riled up, they couldn't protest since they were going to give it to them themselves, and Attera would owe us big. I don't want to try this one unless 1-8 work out perfectly, though.

UEC

Post by UEC »

I'll keep quiet.... it's all I can do..though.. on behalf of an MCS guy.. that really eats into the MCS free lands.. I don't think Ryan will go for it... No one even controls those lands... E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Kaiseress Semisa I

Someone want to tell me why Atterra wants New Brannum so much? Edité(e)(s) par: Kaiseress Semisa I  à: 12/3/05 22:55

AngelGuardian93

We don't know... There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

Hmmmm... sounds fun indeed. I echo Greg here... just tell me my cues. And, while you're at it, let me into the Landsraad so I can actually use my Steward-for-the-Duke-of-Naudia'Diva votes to help with it.

UEC

Post by UEC »

how's it coming so far? E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Delphi

Post by Delphi »

It seems that Olorix no longer likes the Careless compromise, Steven is echoing his sentiment, and Careless is taking his plight to the Kaiser's Court. Last I heard, they were to be creating a forum on their fora to be discussing this, but they seem to be confused and highly disorganized. They can't seem to decide on who has the power to represent their nations' interests, and as such, everyone with a different opinion is actively petitioning not only within the nation, but to the foreign powers that be (us). Bunch of idiots if you ask me...

AngelGuardian93

"Upon the sky, on a wretched island, I swear I saw a dragon. It's temper red as blood and ready for war.Than before my eyes I saw it change into a hyrda,Each head bickering and arguing,As if each head had more right to speak than the last........." There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Kaiseress Semisa I

That's...surprisingly accurate, Greg.

Delphi

Post by Delphi »

Just a little intel... A forum has been in fact created on the Republic fora for discussions, but it's still invisible to us and has restricted access. Also, Steven is calling for unanimous consent on the discussions. I'll see what else I can gather...

AngelGuardian93

Thank you Kaiseress. I rather like it as well. There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Delphi

Post by Delphi »

It seems I've found the Declaration of Nafticon from yet another source... Kinda secret but still found it... Some Atterans still use the old forum it seems...

Scott of Hyperborea

Good catch! I had never thought to check that forum, but now that I do I can get into their Shaagadan. Which is pretty boring.Did you get the treaty from the Foedus Iustitae? If so, how do you have access there? Edité(e)(s) par: Scott of Hyperborea  à: 12/7/05 16:26

Delphi

Post by Delphi »

I did. And... *looks around* well, you know how I got in. Remember that excellent discovery I made about old logins and Mr. Noseworthy? Seems he's still an administrator...

Scott of Hyperborea

Still? Noseworthy found that out and told them to de-admin him! The Atterans aren't even *trying* anymore.But this is good. We know Nafticon is still actively being considered, so now the Republicans can't run away from it as easily.

Delphi

Post by Delphi »

Scott, sorry about last night, I was up for a while and then just couldn't keep working so fell asleep and never changed my away message. I wanted to show you some things Octavius had said in a conversation we had:Quote:(16:59:49) chrimigules: just to let you know... Steven apparently has some Babkhan and Atteran secret support... so I think the Anticans in Shireroth had better figure out how to neutralize the possibility of Babkhan and Atteran threats in time.Quote:(17:00:50) chrimigules: Steven made me swear not to tell the Shirerithians, and I said I wouldn't tell any Shirerithians, but that I'm on the side of the Anticans. Thankfully with Anticans on both sides of these negotiations, I can be ambiguous like that.Quote:(17:22:03) chrimigules: so like... don't go to Steven & co. and be all agressive and... don't tell anyone who would tell people

Scott of Hyperborea

Hm. I gave him the text of the treaty last night and he didn't mention he had told you anything. Anyway, it looks like our plan is sort of working. Steven's getting in some hot water. The problem is that the only people who support us are Foggy and Octavius, whereas I worry Steven and Olo are just going to stick to the same position as always.I'm thinking that maybe maggern is Steven's DL. If that were true, and we could prove it, we could make life much more interesting.

Kaiseress Semisa I

They certainly sound the same.

Delphi

Post by Delphi »

As soon as I get a spot of free time (probably tonight), I'll investigate and let you guys know what I find out.

Scott of Hyperborea

Unfortunately, preliminary tests suggest that's not the case, or at least that Steven put a lot of trouble into it. Maggern's IP is 217.8.142.30, which does in fact trace back to Norway. He sure doesn't *sound* Norwegian, but I guess Ari wouldn't sound Finnish to a casual observer either.

UEC

Post by UEC »

On a side note.. we should proly check up on our own security... E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Delphi

Post by Delphi »

Speaking of which, since I'm kinda new to this, what kind of security do we have, exactly?

UEC

Post by UEC »

this forum is invisible and restricted... we should check to who though.... all admins have access I know that. E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Delphi

Post by Delphi »

Just so no one worries and intercepts, I'm just drawing attention to the "Final Statement" thread in the Republic. I responded to Foghorn's allegation to owning New Brannum. I don't plan to fuck everything up over it, I just wanted to make a claim to rid ambiguity and see what'd happen. As I hoped, Steven, not wanting to piss us off, is going to do what he can to rectify the situation. He's already in hot water over there. He IMed me:Quote:(22:33:31) st3v34: I did not know that there was a crisis of New Brannum.(22:33:41) st3v34: But I will try to convince Nick that he can give it up.(22:33:44) st3v34: stay calm.(22:33:49) st3v34: Let's not get worked up.(22:33:59) st3v34: New claims that the MCS gave it to him.(22:34:1 st3v34: I didn't know this.(22:34:32) st3v34: I'm sure we can work a reasonable solution out.I think we're good.

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Requesting declassification per Declassification act of 3742.
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Return to “Classified Archives - Declassification of Christmas 2009”