The Republic of Antica

Scott of Hyperborea

The Republic of Antica

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

The Republic of Antica cares much more than I expected about the land of the Dinarchy. They are currently debating a measure in their Assembly that would demand the land from us. I don't know how the measure will turn out - Steven, Careless, and Foghorn (from whom I expected better) support it, but Octavius, for whom everyone including myself has a lot of respect, is strongly opposed. I have posted a response to the territory demand in the appropriate Antican forum.If the resolution passes, we have to have some sort of policy. Not only do I not want to have to leave the matter up to the whims of the MCS, but I would like to maintain good relations with the Republic both because they're a natural ally against Babkha and because of a little project to be called Operation Limestone Shark which I will explain in more detail later. A compromise would be wonderful on both those counts.Steven has suggested to me in private that he (and I think his faction will follow) would be happy with Aquilaria (by which I assume he means Plataea) in addition to Kaikias which has already been given. I told him that I didn't think Delphi would be very willing to give up the capital. However, we might be able to get him to agree to partitioning the capital, Berlin-style, if that doesn't bother Delphi too much. One final possibility, a bit more drastic than the others, would be to slice the provinces in half along a horizontal axis running roughly between Kyriaki and Villas, so that each Antica gets half of each province (except that we keep all of Phedodah and they keep all of Kaikias). Assuming one of these becomes necessary, which I hope it does not, it would be helpful to know how far (if anywhere) Delphi would be willing to go on this for negotiations.

Delphi

Re: The Republic of Antica

Post by Delphi »

I'll examine the arguments of the issue more in-depth this evening, but here's my current stand on it. When the Republicans left, they did not remain in Dinarchial territory, but went to Nafticon and are all living there. While they had the opportunity, while the Dinarchy existed, to try and pry the land from us, they did not make much of an attempt, and the land remained with the Dinarchy. The Dinarchy is now deciding that it and a majority of its land is moving under Shireroth.Now, of course the MCS has its own say, and the final say, but I'm quite pissed off that the Republic thinks it has claim to Shirerothan land. I agreed to the good will partially to further Shireroth's goals and partially to keep them shut-up, but apparently they're greedier than I anticipated. This is Shirerothan land right now, and we shouldn't allow them to get an inch from us, particularly not the former Antican capital of Aquilaria (nor its surrounding province). If they made demands for some other province that wasn't Platea or Phedodah, then I might consider it with a modicum of more thought, but even then I maintain that we have no reason to appease their demans for more land which they have no claim to. They, I reiterate, moved to Nafticon.

Scott of Hyperborea

Your argument is pretty much my own view, and very convincing. Unfortunately, the MCS has shown in the Sullifree incident that they're willing to consider any old claim a "dispute", meaning that they'd almost certainly mark Antica as disputed if the Republic wanted it. Since the MCS won't listen to reason, and since the Republic certainly won't, I feel like we're in an unfortunate situation where it doesn't matter how good our legal claim is right now.We should try to talk sometime this evening.Also, I don't know what you did to those Republicans, but they seem scared to death of you. I talked to a couple of them last night because of the territory thing, and they were all like "Oh no, Delphi's succeeded in his plan to take over Shireroth and turn it into an anti-Republic weapon!" Edité(e)(s) par: Scott of Hyperborea  à: 12/2/05 10:05

Scott of Hyperborea

Quote:DECLARATION OF NAFTICON Whereas we have observed with alarm the growth of Shirerithian power over the proceeding year; And whereas the Imperial Republic of Shireroth has annexed by treaty the government of the Dinarchy of Antica, which some recognize as no government at all, Let it be known that the undersigned nations declare the following: 1. That the aforementioned treaty, the Treaty of Aquilaria, is unacceptable to the parties of this declaration and furthermore to the micronational community at large. 2. We therefore request the repeal of the aforesaid treaty by the appropriate organs of state within Shireroth. 3. We furthermore let it known that the terms of the aforesaid treaty are held to be illegal by the respective signatories, and will not be respected if kept in place. 4. The signatories declare that as the sole surviving government of Antica, the Antican Republic be granted full rights to all Antican land on the MCS. 5. We furthermore declare that no future annexations by the Imperial Republic of Shireroth, or any successor state, shall be judged as lawful by the body of nations. 6. It is furthermore stated that the claim of the Grand Commonwealth to Lac Glacei is supported by the signatory nations. 7. In return for its support, the government of the Republic of Antica pledges to grant Attera the territory of New Brannum upon the return of Antican lands to the aforesaid government. 8. We, the signatory nations, pledge our support to the terms of this declaration through whatever means may become necessary.A friend passed this along to me. It's the work of Johanns fonn Klosso of Attera, and it's been given to at the very least the Republic, the Grand Commonwealth, and Attera. Gotzborg has said no, but I think it's very likely that Attera and the Grand Commonwealth said yes.My first instinct was to pass it along to Octavius, but according to my source Octavius has already seen it and might be in on the plan (which would be VERY weird, since he claims to oppose it in public; my best guess is that Octavius does not support it but has to go along with keeping it secret because of his government position).Right now I'm going to wait to let the Lac Glacei deal go through, which will make that part irrelevant and possibly get Ryan on our side, and wait to see what the outcome of the vote in Antica is. I'm also going to try to enlist Natopia with us.It's very suspicious that after petitioning the Kaiser to give the Republic its land, Foghorn petitioned the Republic to let Shireroth keep the land. I suspect he's up to something. Delphi, if you have any insights as to what Octavius or Foghorn's true position is, that would solve an important piece of the puzzle.I'm also a little worried that we could have a huge political to-do in the Republic of Antica over this if certain parties ie Foggy and Octavius oppose while others support. If the Republic ends up declaring itself our enemy, that will be easy to take advantage of, although I hope that's not necessary.

Kaiseress Semisa I

Post by Kaiseress Semisa I »

NO annexations ever again?I certainly won't stand for that. Edité(e)(s) par: Kaiseress Semisa I  à: 12/2/05 13:55

Delphi

Post by Delphi »

Hmm, I'll see if I can do that thing that I do so well and figure out what in God's name is going on. I think a lot of the stuff they're spouting is absolutely radical and unreasonable, in this treaty thing. They're looking to interfere in the relations (directly, much unlike Antica's resolution 21) between two former-sovereign now joined states. I don't know which part of it is most outrageous...

Scott of Hyperborea

Okay. I'm sure I need not remind the Kaiser or anyone else in here that our possession of this document is to be kept secret for now.

Kaiseress Semisa I

Have not said word one. Edité(e)(s) par: Kaiseress Semisa I  à: 12/2/05 15:21

AngelGuardian93

Post by AngelGuardian93 »

What are you talking about? This forum doesn't exist. There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Kaiseress Semisa I

I got that contract from an alternate source. I'm fairly certain we can deem it valid now.The question is: Why does Atterra want New Brannum so badly? Steven practically begged me for just New Brannum in trade for some other patch of their territory, and to have it brought up again here, only to be directly handed to Atterra, is worrisome. By my hand,Her Niftiness, The Resurrector: Semisa, First of the Name, Kaiseress of Shireroth, Protector of Comstokia, Overlord of the Duchies of Naudia'Diva, Elwynn, and Kildare, Thane of the Shirelands, Keeper of the Apollo Legacy, Grand Master of the Orders of the Dragon, Griffin, Phoenix, and Chimera, Wielder of Vengeance, Bearer of the Celestial Barrier, Countess of Shirekeep, Knight of the Dragon, Arsonirathius of Delvenus, Knight Companion of the Most Magnificent Imperial Order of the Sovereign Viking Crown, Princess of Hvalafell, Priestess of Cedrism, and Lady of the Golden Mango Throne.

Delphi

Post by Delphi »

Was your acquisition of this from an alternate source mean that this is in semi-public domain, or just another source that we can't mention? (i.e. would we be able to use our knowledge yet?) And it's interesting, because Olorix was under the impression they already owned New Brannum...

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

Quote:5. We furthermore declare that no future annexations by the Imperial Republic of Shireroth, or any successor state, shall be judged as lawful by the body of nations.6. It is furthermore stated that the claim of the Grand Commonwealth to Lac Glacei is supported by the signatory nations....*Pause*...*Another pause, looking more angry*I would, if at all possible, like to see someone go down over such ridiculous terms.

AngelGuardian93

*grabs his BAR...* There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Scott of Hyperborea

Well, one appealing possibility is to continue negotiations, have Delphi agree to an excellent compromise he might not actually agree to in reality, and then "discover" this treaty. We could get extremely offended, break off all talks, give them one province and tell them it's far more than they deserve, and leave them with egg on their face and without a leg to stand on.Fax, I would also like to know who you heard about it from.

AngelGuardian93

You're devious. :P There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Delphi

Post by Delphi »

*smiles*Oh yeah, this is gooood...

UEC

Post by UEC »

but tricky... I like it! but I've been drinking.. so... hehe.. what does that say? but go for it. E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Requesting declassification per Declassification act of 3742.
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Return to “Classified Archives - Declassification of Christmas 2009”