Sneaky geopolitical manuevers

Scott of Hyperborea

Re: Sneaky geopolitical manuevers

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

Sneaky geopolitical manuever 1: Partial success!President Sager of Lavalon says he'll talk to the rest of his country about the possibility of annexation. He seems to be somewhat warm to the idea.

UEC

Post by UEC »

I like the idea of brining back the Commonwealth of Benacia..I'm NOT so keen on using the Kaisership to bribe nations to join us.. not at all... I think it's a BAD idea..But I just had the same idea moments ago before I saw this...and was thinking about Lavalon....But I like Commonwealths....I miss the old BC.. or CoB.. which ever.. E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Scott of Hyperborea

Sneaky geopolitical manuevers

I feel like we don't have enough of these. Losing Gryphon and Osmose hurt. My rage will not be appeased until we annex a medium sized to large nation.I don't think we can annex the Republic of Antica; they're too big and independent. I feel our best bet is Natopia or Lavalon, but we would need one PRH of a pitch.One idea I've been thinking about is Eoin offering to make Nate the next Kaiser if Natopia joins. Nate's a smart guy who wouldn't abuse the position, we'd have three months of him, and then someone else. Since it's easy to work around weak Kaisers (by which I mean conciliatory ones, not stupid ones, and Nate is smart enough to be a conciliatory one), it wouldn't really be too harmful.Otherwise, I was thinking about some sort of Grand Commonwealthesque organization of us, Natopia, Antica, and maybe Lavalon if they want.We should form a committee or something.

Scott of Hyperborea

As for the Kaisership, I would agree with you if not for the fact that Nate's the kinda guy who would make a good Kaiser anyway.I worry that using the Benacian name would be too weird now that Benacia's a well-developed small island culture, but it was what I was thinking too.I've sent a missive to the Dinarchy reminding them that they're pretty dead and that we were their greatest ally when they were alive. I don't know if it will break through Delphi's stubbornness or his dislike of us signing a treaty with the Republic, but who knows?

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

No no no no no no no.The Kaisership is NOT a tool, and should not be used as such. For another thing, if there's someone whose only recently of the country put on the throne, I'ma gonna do some revolutionary killinz cuz I won't be happy.See? Look. You got me to start dropping into gangsta.Bad idea.Annexation is good, but that's about all I'm in favor of. Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink Regigoraauk

Kaiser Yarad I

Post by Kaiser Yarad I »

Well, I'm all for annexation, and lots thereof, but using the Kaisership as a diplomatic tool? No, I don't want that. I've done alright so far, I want to be remembered as the Kaiser who instituted a major change to the feudal system without the nation spontaneously combusting, not the Kaiser who brought in Johnny Foreigner. Besides, I have my own plans for the next person to be Kaiser after me..If SHINE's willing to work on getting us more territory, then by all means. But not if someone who's never been a Shirerithian citizen before gets to be citizen for nothing more than a few hundred pixels and one or two more active citizens..

UEC

Post by UEC »

Who might the next person be? E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

Yeah, I'm curious about that too.As for the sudden introduction of Nate to the Kaisership, I have to side with the others here. If we annexed Natopia, then there's no reason he couldn't become Kaiser eventually, especially since he does seem to be quite awesome... but I don't think it should be done quite like that.But annexation in general? Yes, by all means.

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Requesting declassification per Declassification act of 3742.
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Return to “Classified Archives - Declassification of Christmas 2009”