We may have created something we didn't intend...

Fax Celestis

Re: We may have created something we didn't intend...

Post by Fax Celestis »

Technically.To be honest, I think that this system will work. Not to mention that the Kaiser does reserve the right to deny and/or break a contract at any given time. The Kaiser can also proclaim a given subdivision to be too similar to a PIG, and therefore illegal.But if you think about it, the previous subdivisions worked in the same way: you didn't agree with the leadership, you moved. Oz did that most recently.Besides, Naudia'Diva's contract is rather loose in that it allows contracted members to leave as they wish. Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink Regigoraauk

UEC

We may have created something we didn't intend...

Post by UEC »

After Locke and all that crap.. I banned Political Parties/PIG's.. yes..Well... under the old system, citizen got spread out over the duchies, so no one duchy really got that big. This was good. Kept the power balanced.. but now... We could end up with one really powerful duchy and many weaker baronies. But more importantly.. we just built parties into the system... Look at Naudi'diva and Elwynn, examine who is going to where... I noticed a slight trend to the groupings... maybe it was there before.. but.. now... it feels more obvious.Let say we had this system when Locke and Rakesh were running about.. They could have made their.. PAST organization in the form of a barony with the two of them in it, and collected supporters. At the same time those that disagreed with him could band together in a duchy or such and fight them in the LAndsraad... Now we can have people who want to push something through simply band together. EVen if it's NOT the best idea. Before we had a minority in charge.. which we still have... and in inherent to feudalism.. but is it?We don't have everyone voting anymore.. but they do... indirectly by giving their vote to their noble... We made democracy under another guise..Before we could have elder citizens in the Landsraad, with more experience, more skill calling the shots.Before the individual cit didn't really matter.. with the new system we have the bonus of make people matter.. and the negative.. We gave more power to the individual citizen. If people don't like their duke.. they simply leave the duchy (dropping it out of Duchy status) and make a new division. We don't need rebellion...we can just remove our votes from our nobles..iF as count I didn't agree with Fax.. I could go join another noble who I DID agree with.. thus weakening Fax.. and strengthening the other noble.. My vote mattered... And if I grabbed a few people with me.. I could make my own Division.. and remove Fax from being a Duke...So... We just took a step in the direction of democracy and didn't see it.. E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

UEC

Post by UEC »

It's that looseness that I refer too... It would be wise for you as Duke to not have that in there.. It better solidifies your power.. E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

I don't know. I think a lot of this has always been there. We've always had the different Duchies being "factions" - Brookshire, for example, had a lot of traditionalists (except when Rakesh led it), while Hyperborea was always more progressive, and Yardistan was rebellious but anti-democracy. And it was always the case that people could leave a Duchy in protest; I even think it happened a few times. This way is just more formal and efficient.

UEC

Post by UEC »

Which may be a problem... cause it IS more formal.. and efficient... E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

Well, let's just watch carefully and see how it goes... it's a good idea to keep an eye on things, but let's not react too strongly before we have a chance to see the system in action.

UEC

Post by UEC »

it more people's use of the system that I'm worried about than the system itself.. E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Kaiser Yarad I

Post by Kaiser Yarad I »

I'm not too worried about abuse of the system, to be honest. Sure, it could give some people huge amounts of votes if they wanted them, but the Kaiser can always veto Landsraad bills, and if the need to veto stuff comes along, then obviously there's something wrong, and the problem can be dealt with.

UEC

Post by UEC »

I prefer to stop problems before they arise.... than again.. when I do that no one nows I did anything... Women have the problem in the work place...*accesses Psych of Women class info*. Women have the management style of preventing problems before they happen, and men are good in a crisis.. and good at "saving the day" this is why they say men make better managers.. (I'de say women do if anything...) E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Requesting declassification per Declassification act of 3742.
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Return to “Classified Archives - Declassification of Christmas 2009”