The site

Fax Celestis

Re: The site

Post by Fax Celestis »

That's fine. Get people to mail you the money (they havent' sent me any yet, as far as I know) and I'll pay my bit to you. Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink Regigoraauk

UEC

Post by UEC »

I guess I just feel bad about saying anything publicly.. I've recieved enough flak in the past that I don't really feel like inviting anymore...(and I do have a paypal account James... Tonerman or Rrakanychan.. I can't recall which)I guess I was also getting the feelings that people were gonna give me trouble.... guess I've just been paranoid lately.. *hugs James* E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

UEC

The site

Post by UEC »

I'm posting here to keep it quiet, and cause this doesn't need to be a public conversation.I guess I got a slight problem with the current plan... For the last 5 years I have maintained the control/name over the Shireroth site and forums. I have proved that in a tight spot I can be relied upon to help out, that even when I'm "retired" I'll be right there to help and save the day if need be. I've proved that I do not, and will not abuse my admin status, or site control.And I guess I feel like i'm being slapped in the face, with the site AND forum being completely removed from my control/name. It also bugs me cause no one of any real authority is getting the passwords/control/name over the site/forums. Just ministers. (No offence).. The Kaiser's have tended not to get them cause it can become a bother changeing KAisers every 3 months, but at the least I had it, and as Founder I could carry authority if I needed to with outside organizations, or individuals. And in the past 5 years, I have been one of the only constants in Shireroth, ministers, Kaiser, government structures have all come and gone, but I have always remained. And so I fear destabalization of the current set up, and the future. So this bugs me on the personal level, and the logistic level. I'm not saying I should be the only one with the password, but I am saying it should remain in my name, and I should still hold the core passwords and controls (even though I will be sharing them with others...). E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

UEC

Post by UEC »

4949 Snyder Ln #268Rohnert Park, CA 94928paypal email: erik@shireroth.orgI don't really care about this address... cause I can always run away to my home in Saratoga is someone comes after me...hehe E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.Edited by: UEC  at: 11/4/05 16:00

Kaiser Yarad I

Post by Kaiser Yarad I »

I'll send my share to you as well, Erik. It's only fair that you remain in overall control of the site. It's not as if you'll never be Kaiser again anyway, eh?

UEC

Post by UEC »

I may not be... I've only a passing interest in the throne anymore...i've relocated myself to the shadows.. E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Kaiser Yarad I

Post by Kaiser Yarad I »

The shadows look like fun, alright.

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

I support this, and will send my share to Erik.

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

Yeah, there is going to be someone who has a bit of trouble with your current plan - the Minister of Information. (And yes, I have permission to post here.)I can understand you wanting admin over the Shireroth server. If I was admin for as long as you were, I'd be attached too. But I'd at least admit that I want the power and not give some crap reasons for it.This is exactly what you've always done before, Erik. You waltz in and declare whatever you want, and people just turn and agree with it because you're Erik. Yes, Fax, I mean you. You seemed certainly fine with my plan to give the info to the people paying for the server, and then Erik makes a single post and you turn around and go against what we talked about?And at the same time you insult Me, Fax, and Greg by not trusting our judgement because we aren't high ranking nobles? Your logic here doesn't even then make sense. Fax is a Baron and Greg is a Duke, one of the three Dukes! The only thing higher than that is the Kaiser. So, to prove themselves to you, someone must become the Kaiser? And not even that - Fax and Greg have both been Kaisers before and still you say that you don't trust who's going to have control over the server?!You are paying $10 to get control over a $300 server. That is 100% pure fucking bullshit. I don't care if you had good intentions, or that you're going to spend more or send it to the chest, or that you want to pay more now that your financial situation is stable. The logic here is that you get what you pay for.Yeah, this plan is a slap in the face. It was made when YOU WERE GONE. Constant my ass. I'm not going to let something I started get switched to someone else's name both without my permission and behind my back. You see, I don't hide in hidden forums, I post what I want to do to get input from others. Perhaps you could have the same courtesy and post something like this in the Minfo forum, through the proper channels. They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

Seeing as I'm the largest contributor (with $100), I'm going to hold on to this. Erik, it's probably best to go with what we've already got going. I understand your concerns, but your feelings on this are pretty much ungrounded. Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink Regigoraauk

UEC

Post by UEC »

Oh.. and I figured you had access here Moose... E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

By being the one paying for it in name you'd be the one who has the legal right to do whatever you want with the site. And you're getting all of this while only paying $10. That's cheating everyone else, and your justification is that you are the creator and thus you should get what you want. They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

Moose, if I might ask a favor... kindly take a breath.

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

//sigh Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink Regigoraauk

UEC

Post by UEC »

Yeah... exactly... But I think with less of the evil motives you seem to want to be implying...And you are one to talk about being cheated... You know how much fucking money I've had to dish out for this place? (200? + maybe? proly more..between golds, servers.. and other stuff..) All the while I simply handed it over to people to manage... Never trying to claim it for my own uses, always keeping an eye on the legal and financial crap. You seem to want to be implying I plan to take over or something... Have I? In all the years I've maintained the deads to the servers? forums? Have I misused it? Have I ever interfered?You basicly are saying.. the server becomes your property because of the money you've put in.. And that bothers me.. The Server belongs to Shireroth. We are just the ones backing it for the nation. It doesn't become OUR property once we purchase it for Shireroth... E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

UEC

Post by UEC »

Than I no longer support the server change...But Moose, did you even see what I said... I have no plan to be the only one holding anything. Just putting it under my name so in the future if I need to I can rebuild the nation....or whatever... You all would still have the passwords and crap... E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.Edited by: UEC  at: 11/4/05 18:45

UEC

Post by UEC »

Moose, it doesn't matter who paid how much in the end. THe server belongs to Shireroth as a nation and a government. You are not a stock holder in a company. And this is what is bothering me.. this is why I don't trust people with this. Cause they than think they get a say in the server.. If you remain MiniInfo.. you do.. but once you are no longer a minister.. you lose your say. I contributed the VAST amount to the current server, and do I really get a say in how the site is run? No. I've made complaints bout stuff.. but it's not MY server. I simply hold it under my name in trust and protection for the nation.It's a donation.. not a purchase Moose. You aren't buying the site. You are donating to Shireroth to purchase it.Making a donation to the server fund doesn't give you any rights over the server. As it stands I'm at the whim of the nation of Shireroth when it comes to the current server I have no rights over it. E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.Edited by: UEC  at: 11/4/05 19:40

UEC

Post by UEC »

You know.. whatever... Do whatever you want with the site... I don't need this kinda crap anymore... E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Scott of Hyperborea

Hold on a moment.I completely oppose Shireroth being bought. I realize that's a very very strong way of putting this, but I think it's justified. Essentially we are saying, that if people donate a lot of money, they will have control of Shireroth's infrastructure.I am as thankful as anyone else to our large donors, but...no. Donors should donate entirely out of patriotism. What we are doing now amounts to a public stock offering,and Shireroth is not a publically traded corporation.As childish as Erik can be in situations like this *slaps Erik* he is the most trustworthy person I can think of for a job of this magnitude. I am not saying I don't trust Fax, I am saying I trust Fax exactly as much as I trust myself - to a very high yet finite degree. Erik, as we all know, is The Gods (TM), and as such is the only person who can handle something of this magnitude.

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

Too late, Scott. It's not an issue anymore. Unfortunately. Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink Regigoraauk

Scott of Hyperborea

Why isn't it an issue anymore?

Kaiser Yarad I

Post by Kaiser Yarad I »

Because thanks to Osmose's powers of "hideously abusing the trust placed in me by the Kaiser in order to make personal attacks", Erik failed his "deciding to stay in Shireroth for a while" save and is now, as we gamers say, "gone". Funny how life turns out. Fuck.

Scott of Hyperborea

It doesn't matter if Erik's gone. We can still give him the site. He's been running the site despite goneness for the past few months, and I'll bet I can convince him to run the new one also.

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

Doubtful, but you can try. Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink Regigoraauk

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

*Has become angered. Really, truly, hideously and spectacularly angered.*Out of all the scenarios I'd hoped not to see... I knew it was possible that Erik might leave again. But I didn't think it would be like this. Not from some stupid dispute over money and title. Maybe it was a good idea to dissuade Erik and maybe not, but it didn't have to be done like that. No way in hell did it have to be done like that. Not if it's going to drive people away, especially not if it's going to drive Erik away.Eoin... Scott... if I am needed for anything, feel free to contact me through AIM. But otherwise, I need time to cool my head. I'm taking an LOA.

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

Just to be clear: Erik is actually leaving because he's realizing that he's taking Shireroth far too seriously. I quote him on that too. Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink Regigoraauk

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

Ahhhh. Well, that's a bit different then...*Calms down a bit, has some tea*

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

Erik and I had quite a chat the other night, where we hashed this thing out. He's right: we are taking it in the wrong direction; this needs to be a donation, not a purchase.As such, I am still sticking with my $50, and my additional $50 anonymous.But we do have to keep in mind that the site is Shireroth's, not the donating party's. Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink Regigoraauk

Scott of Hyperborea

So to whom am I sending the money?

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

That would be me. Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink Regigoraauk

Return to “Classified Archives - Declassification of Christmas 2009”