Thanedom Discussion

Fax Celestis

Re: Thanedom Discussion

Post by Fax Celestis »

Well, you came up with the initial list. What were they? Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink Regigoraauk

Gryphon the Pure

Post by Gryphon the Pure »

My proposal is - Thanedom of Brookshire - Honourary Thane Erik Metzler- Shirelands South of the River ElwynnThanedom of Goldshire - Honourary Thane Jessica Doran- Shirelands East of the River ElwynnThanedom of the Kitanus Fields - Honourary Thane Steve Musal- The Kitanus Fields- North Nova Dalmacija- South Nova Dalmacija- The Halluci Nation- Lesser Attera- VervollkommnungThanedom of Kildare - Honourary Thane Patrick Foley or James Haikin- Blackrock Nua- New Jasonia- Schlangen- Gong Li- The Raynor Isles- NorfolkThanedom of Elwynn or Thanedom of Hyperborea - Honourary Thane Scott Siskind- Continental Elwynn- Hyperborea- VolsungThanedom of Yardistan - Honourary Thane Nick *coughhacksneeze*- Yardistan- Mar Sara- Amity- Mirioth- So-SaraThanedom of Mo'Adib - Honourary Thane James HaikinorThanedom of Straylight - Honourary Thane Ari Rahikkala- Naudia'Diva- Benacia- Florencia- Lesser Automatica- Greater AutomaticaThanedom of Lothlaria - Honourary Thane Matthew McIvor- Continental Lothlaria- Jaris- Cognito- Lac Glacei

Kaiser Yarad I

Post by Kaiser Yarad I »

I think we'll have more Counties in Elwynn soon. We already have one or two, they just haven't been marked in on the map. The same for the Shirelands, they should be pretty well divided. I think six or seven is a pretty reasonable allotment for a Thanedom.I'm a bit sketchy about this whole Honourary Thanes thing, though. I presume once we had people who were actually Thanes the Honourary ones would no longer be there?

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

This I'm cool with, but give me Mo'Adib and Patrick Kildare. I think relating cultural improvements to the territory is a good idea. Who gave culture to Brookshire? Erik. Naudia'Diva? Me. Goldshire? Jess. Kildare? Patrick. Etc.Also, Ari should be Honorary Thane of the Shirithian Seas. Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink Regigoraauk

Gryphon the Pure

Thanedom Discussion

Just so we don't clutter up the progress thread, let's move the nonessential discussion of Thanedom possibilities to this thread.

Gryphon the Pure

Thanedom of Straylight - Honourary Thane Ari Rahikkala- Every large body of water in Shireroth.

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

I believe the Honorary Thanes don't have any actual power, they're just historically those who contributed greatly to a region. Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink Regigoraauk

Gryphon the Pure

Xactly.

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

See...this is the problem with Thanedoms. Fax wants Muaddib to be one, because he likes Muaddib. I could equally want Hyperborea to be one because I like Hyperborea. The Kitanus Fields are a former Barony, I don't know why they're in there at all. The fact is any collection we make is going to be biased, arbitrary, and likely to just get people upset and impede an interesting new feudal order.

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

Well, I don't like that Park Place is associated with Boardwalk, but I deal with it because the game is played that way.This is much the same.Oh, and: "Naujin'Divak"! Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink Regigoraauk

Gryphon the Pure

Kitanus was actually a Duchy for a short period of time, as was Straylight.If this were arbitrary and biased, I would have made sure to include one that honours me, but the fact is, while I've been the longest ruling Duke in Shireroth except maybe Erik, I can't really be associated with the history or founding of a Duchy.

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

We do need to set some rules, though. Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink Regigoraauk

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

That's the problem. We're not a game. And here we have a chance to actually address our problems and find a solution instead of having to accept something Parker Brothers wrote up. Edited by: Scott of Hyperborea  at: 10/20/05 23:30

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Requesting declassification per Declassification act of 3742.
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Return to “Classified Archives - Declassification of Christmas 2009”