Password warning

Kaiser Los III

Password warning

Post by Kaiser Los III »

It has come to my attention for about the twelfth time (but this time it finally registered) that it is possible for a board administrator to read someone's password on a PHP board.Therefore, please make sure that your passwords in both Anticas and the Grand Commonwealth, as well as any other micronational PHP boards you use, are different from the password to your account in Shireroth.

osmose1000

Re: Password warning

Post by osmose1000 »

My password here is 100% random. I use it here and only here. They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

Slight problemo. I think I may have the same password here as at the Republic of Antica, but attempts to change that password are failing due to the account being "inactive", whatever that means. I can't touch it; I have to contact an admin there to do something about it.Changing my ezboard password instead, which will horribly confuse me but will let me make this account secure without having to draw attention. I probably should've done it before anyway.

Delphi

Post by Delphi »

The general "threat" came from the Dinarchy of Antica, which made the appropriate modifications to view passwords. We've undone this quite recently, so there's nothing to worry about from us, I swear. I'm not sure about the traitors' ability to make the same changes but if they didn't before you signed up then there's no way to get your password until you log in again.But Shyriath... I've taken care of a few things... your password now is "oogabooga", and your account is activated. This is known only by me and the people here.

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

I'm not worried about you, but if you can do it, can't anyone with a PHP board and the appropriate technical skill?

Delphi

Post by Delphi »

Yes, the question is if they know what their goal is (to remove the encrypting where it happens, before it happens, because it's irreversible), and to be able to implement it in all the places it needs to be implemented. Once they do that (if this is after people have started signing up) then they have to get everyone to sign up for new passwords.In the Dinarchy we used some technical excuse, but they haven't given anything like that yet. Also, from my intel, they haven't mentioned implementing anything like that... so I think you're safe for the time being, but yes, do maintain a different password there. Anywhere that is a PHP forum I already maintain different passwords.

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

Quote:But Shyriath... I've taken care of a few things... your password now is "oogabooga", and your account is activated. This is known only by me and the people here.Ah! Thankee kindly.

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Requesting declassification per Declassification act of 3742.
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Return to “Classified Archives - Declassification of Christmas 2009”