Should I abdicate?

Kaiser Los III

Should I abdicate?

Post by Kaiser Los III »

I am seriously considering abdicating now, mostly because I don't have as much time as I used to and my last couple of projects have engendered a lot of opposition, from people not liking the SNARL war to the whole thing with the Baronets.The only thing keeping me from doing so is that I really, really want to get a chance to implement my economy idea. However, now that there's a newbie working on economy who I suspect, having no experience in this, will come up with a very flawed proposal, not be able to believe me when I say it's flawed, and then think I'm horribly biased if I implement mine instead of hers when she announced hers first, probably that's not going to work either.So, do you guys think that it would be better for the nation if I stepped down as soon as I tied up loose ends and chose an heir, or do you think I should give myself a second chance?

Fax Celestis

Re: Should I abdicate?

Post by Fax Celestis »

I think stepping down would be appropriate. You've had a good run, done a lot of successful things...and now people are starting to see you as "The Man."And instead of forcing either your or her economic proposal, why don't you work with her to get one together? Blindness Is A Blessing

Gryphon the Pure

Post by Gryphon the Pure »

I have no opinion in the matter, but I think you should stay involved in Shirithian government in at least some way. Gryphon the Pure- Shirithian Elder - Dutch of Kildare - Minister of the Interior - High Priest of Apostrophe aka Grammar Fuhrer - Director of the Shirithian Census - Imperial Advisor -q=parseInt(Math.random()*gryphSig.length);q=(isNaN(q))?0:q;document.write(gryphSig[q]);q=parseInt(Math.random()*gryphSig.length);q=(isNaN(q))?0:q;document.write(gryphSig[q]);q=parseInt(Math.random()*gryphSig.length);q=(isNaN(q))?0:q;document.write(gryphSig[q]);

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

*Shrugs* If you're not certain you'll have the time for the Kaisership, I can see abdicating. But as for opposition to your ideas... eh. I think the Baronet idea was nifty enough; it was just (as I think Nick said in the Kaiser's Court) the implementation that could've used some more thought.However, I personally would not mind you staying on, not at all... and I echo the sentiments about staying on in government in some fashion.

Gryphon Avocatio

Post by Gryphon Avocatio »

Being Kaiser is a sucky job. It means people disagreeing with you and opposing you and arguing with you not necesarrily because they disagree with you, but because you are the Kaiser. That's how it goes.I for one think that you could be doing far worse than you are. You haven't gone and done anything too radical, but you haven't been entirely politically stagnant either. I good balance.As for the whole issue of the economies and bias, I think that the bias is legitimate when you've been here for several years and the new citizen has been here for a week at best. Definitely consider what she has to say, but also remember that you have more experience and knowledge when it comes to such things, and on top of that, you are the Kaiser. You have to remember Scott, you can't make everybody happy. That's impossible.But the time issue is important. If you are yet interested in being Kaiser you may want to consider delegating a little more of the governing to the Ministers and the Landsraad. Short sabbaticals are also an option, and you always have the steward to fall back on. HEY EVERYONE! NICK'S GONE! LET'S CHANGE ALL THE LAWS AND THE FORUM COLORS WHILE WE STILL CAN! - Scott

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

Yes, more delegation of stuff to Ministers would be nice.After all, most of the minsters aren't as inventive as me and won't actually come up with new projects to work on when they don't have anything to do. And the only grounds I have to say that on are my two recent projects: ShireFox and tourism.I wasn't told to do either, but I thought it was within my powers of office and decided to go for it. As a result, we have a shiny new toolbar that a few people use and several new citizens.Eoin's doing much the same with the Diplomatic Corps.If all the Ministers were capable of coming up with their own projects as such, it'd be amazing and we'd have far far more activity than we do now. But people aren't normally capable of that. As such, they need to be told what to do. And being told what to do involves you telling them what to do.So yes, please delegate more to the Ministers! Blindness Is A Blessing

Kaiser Los III

Post by Kaiser Los III »

What can I delegate?My time committments are mostly talking to people who want to discuss policy and that sort of thing.I would love to give the Ministers a bit of work, but I don't have any ideas right now.

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

Well, for starters you could:=Get people to start working on the next generation of Shirithian advertising.=Tap into people's lingual knowledge and see if we can start breaking language barriers.=Run a Switching Day. They don't sound like much, but they let people blow off a lot of steam.=Start up a seal design competition or something. We don't have a Seal of Shireroth, even if we have a crest.=Get people to put stuff up on eBay and use the proceeds as base funds for a donation for the next big natural disaster. Or, if we're more selfish, put it towards the board or towards the site.=Push forward an economy....and that's just off the top of my head. Blindness Is A Blessing

Gryphon the Pure

Post by Gryphon the Pure »

I don't think switching day is a very good idea with all the newbs. It's more for a time when things are slow but people know eachother. If there are new citizens, either things aren't slow or there are people who don't know eachother, thus switching day doesn't work so well.

Kaiser Los III

Post by Kaiser Los III »

Quote:=Get people to start working on the next generation of Shirithian advertising.Good gods, man, don't you think that twenty clueless newbies wandering around at one time is enough?=Tap into people's lingual knowledge and see if we can start breaking language barriers.Why? We're isolationist, as you and others never tire of pointing out. Occasionally we have good reasons to want to interact with Babkha or Antica or somewhere, but what could we want from Portuguese people?=Run a Switching Day. They don't sound like much, but they let people blow off a lot of steam.I have a Switching Day planned for Halloween.=Start up a seal design competition or something. We don't have a Seal of Shireroth, even if we have a crest.Maaaaaybe.=Get people to put stuff up on eBay and use the proceeds as base funds for a donation for the next big natural disaster. Or, if we're more selfish, put it towards the board or towards the site.Maaaaaybe.=Push forward an economy.That I am doing myself, because I don't trust anyone else with it.What Ministries would the maybes go under?

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

The seal would probably fall under the MiniInt, and the eBay thing could fall under just about any ministry, although I'd put it under the MiniInfo (if we're supporting the site), the MiniInt (if we're supporting the board), or the MiniEx (if we're supporting disaster relief). Blindness Is A Blessing

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Requesting declassification per Declassification act of 3742.
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Return to “Classified Archives - Declassification of Christmas 2009”