The wiki

Kaiser Los III

The wiki

Post by Kaiser Los III »

I have mentioned to a few people that part of the point of making the wiki international is to make sure Shireroth controls the micronational world's main information source and is recognized as a leader for nifty projects. This has been going splendidly the past couple of days. This isn't so much an EVIL plan per se, as we do honestly want to help people get good information, but it would be a waste of a perfectly good charitable act not to give it an evil underbelly.However, I have recently learned that the Grand Commonwealth [pause for booing] is thinking of setting up something called MicroWiki which will be touted as a truly international wiki and therefore better to use than ours for international people. I have a feeling that might succeed and thus put the Grand Commonwealth in the controlling position we want to be in.I have therefore taken the liberty of changing the name to MicroWiki 2 (the first being Sander's MicroWiki). I understand I should have consulted with people, especially Moose and Shyriath, before doing so, but I was afraid the GC would announce their project very soon, and neither of them was on right now. As it is, we've beaten them to the announcement and as soon as we have just a few more articles we should have a very commanding position.I also unprotected the front page because of the current events section there - I don't want to be the only person updating that. I've got a copy of it saved on my hard drive in case some fooligan messes with it.

Delphi

Re: The wiki

Post by Delphi »

Just a note, I think the wiki (at least Sander's did) had a way to restore older versions of pages (by admin) if some idiot did something bad to it. It would log all the changes and make all of them (at least back to a certain point) reversable.

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

Any mod can restore the front page.And you WHAT?!?!?!?!?!? CHANGED THE NAME?! WHAT THE HELL?!?!?!Seriously. What the fuck? We can't, y'know, be international AND have a name for the country that's HOSTING the wiki?And, even so, Microwiki 2? How uncreative are you?I'm sorry, but that's just really sad. It needs to be changed back. We can have something like "Shirewiki, The Intermicronational Database, Hosted by Shireroth!" or something. They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

Kaiser Los III

Post by Kaiser Los III »

Eh, read the thread and you'll at least see where I'm coming from: http://www.mncentre.net/comm/for....php?t=256

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

*Suddenly realizing that he can see this forum again, pokes his head in*Yes, I suppose it was better to nip things in the bud. Still, Moose is right about "MicroWiki 2" being kinda lackluster. How about "MicroWiki Reborn"? Or "Unholy Spawn of MicroWiki"?

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

Link leads me to mac.com? They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

UEC

Post by UEC »

Am I allowed in here still? heheMaybe name it.. or at least advertise it as the MicroWiki sponsored by the Imperial Republic of Shireroth.I say either just reuse the name.. MicroWiki (with sanders permission?) or make another name that doens't imply numbers... E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Gryphon Avocatio

Post by Gryphon Avocatio »

I like Moose's suggestion personally...*Smacks Erik* You said you were never coming back.My suggestion is advertise the Shirewiki before the GC can get theirs going full swing. Get people to write articles for it and get them in the habit of using ours instead of the GC's. 3e knowe ek that in fourme of speche is chaunge / With-inne a thousand 3eer, and wordes tho / That hadden pris now wonder nyce and straunge / Us thenketh hem, and 3et thei spake hem so, / And spedde as wel in loue as men now do...

UEC

Post by UEC »

I'm not back... .. ok.. I'm on the verge.... damn the Wiki.. once I finish up the war.. I'll vanish again... E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Kaiser Los III

Post by Kaiser Los III »

Erik, you'll always be allowed in here...in fact, now that I think of it I couldn't keep you out if I wanted to.Nick, that is what we are doing right now...and it's working very well. I was just afraid, upon reading the GC thread, that they would have an unfair advantage in theirs having an intermicronational name while ours looked to the uneducated eye like a merely national production.You're right - drop the 2. Too bad, though...it's so pretty in that orange color and font.

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

So we're stealing Sander's name, now?Just get the word out. I want my Shirewiki back! They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

Hush Moose, this is a good idea. *applaudes* Majority rule don't work in mental insitutions...-NOFX

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

Quote:I'm not back... .. ok.. I'm on the verge.... damn the Wiki.. once I finish up the war.. I'll vanish again..At least do stuff on the wiki! You're a fountain of knowledge!...Speaking of which, is there any chance you could post your stuff on Talru Sorto and the Hariolus Wars again? Or else email it to me? It all got lost during the ezAttack.

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

Quote: Hush Moose, this is a good idea. *applaudes*YOU SPEAK THE LIES OF A FORKED TONGUED DEMON! They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

UEC

Post by UEC »

It was only .....wait... I have it in a notebook.. somewhere.. E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

not demon. deAmon. With an A. Majority rule don't work in mental insitutions...-NOFX

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Requesting declassification per Declassification act of 3742.
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Return to “Classified Archives - Declassification of Christmas 2009”