Pr

A library of bills passed into law by the Landsraad

Moderators: Jonas, CJ Miller

Zirandorthel

Pr

Post by Zirandorthel »

Quote:C. The Prætor.1. Basic Powers.a. The Prætor shall be vested with the basic power outlined within the Imperial Charter.b. The Prætor is empowered to represent the cause of law and order under the Kaiser in the Landsraad. 2. Express powers granted by the Landsraada. In the case of bad behavior and/or abuse of the Landsraad by any noble, the Prætor may submit a recommendation to the Kaiser for a fining, banning, or otherwise punishing the perpetrator. The Kaiser may, as usual, do what he wants with it.b. In the event of a tied vote in the Landsraad, where all nobles have voted, and where the full voting time for the vote has been extended, the Prætor may be granted two additional votes to break the vote, in the interest of law and order in Imperial Republic.c. The Prætor may voice their opinion on a piece of legislation in the Landsraad, and may propose changes to it. 3. Express powers denied by the Landsraada. The Prætor may not ordinarily vote on legislation unless he or she is a noble.b. The Prætor may not incite others to vote one way or another, or demand that votes be changed one way or another.c. The Prætor may not incite rebellion against the Kaiser in the Landsraad, under threat of impeachment.4. Appointment.a. The appointment of the Prætor shall comply with the rules for appointment of a Prætor as set down by the Imperial Charter. 5. Removal.a. The Prætor may be impeached at any time before his or her term is up by a supermajority of 67%. This impeachment vote will be moderated by the Kaiser, and will be closed to votes from the Prætor him/herself if the Prætor is a ruling noble. If the vote passes, a new election for Prætor shall immediately be organized by the Kaiser to be held not more than seven days after the impeachment bill passes. The Kaiser may also choose to dismiss the Prætor, after which he will be similarly responsible for organizing an election for a replacement.Changes highlighted in bold.All nobles, please vote Aye, Nay or Abstain on this Act. The vote will close on midnight on the 25th. ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessBelde of the Far Reaches.Niirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart Edited by: Zirandorthel at: 11/22/03 6:13 pm

Gman Russell

Re: Pr

Post by Gman Russell »

Quote:b. The Prætor may not incite others to vote one way or another, or demand that votes be changed one way or another.c. The Prætor may not incite rebellion against the Kaiser in the Landsraad, under threat of impeachment.Doesnt section 3b basicly refute section 2c? Or does 3b mean that the praetor cant threaten to break the guys legs unless he votes the praetors way?and 3c is slightly redundant isnt it? You swear loyalty to the Kaiser when you join. Of course that hasn't stopped people before... *laughs*

Gryphon Avocatio

Post by Gryphon Avocatio »

It looks alright to me...Yardistan votes Yea (4). -Gryphon Avocatio- Lord Governor and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Research and Education, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! - Lover of Llamas "You're intense and driven. That can lead to a lot of good things. It can also lead to high blood pressure and a closing of the arteries." -Mr. Mathews -- "I think that people who drive Hummers are clueless, and that they just have enough money to advertise it." -Peter Camejo -- "Skanky-Deutch-Ho-Bag!!" -Mike

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

No, they don't refute each other. Because 2c means that the Prætor is entitled to say "well, i support this act" and to say "i think such and such should be changed", and 3b means, like you say, that the Prætor cannot threaten or ask others to change their vote.And you think 3c is redundant?? Poor, naive Greg, I'd overthrow the Kaiser right now if I could ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessBelde of the Far Reaches.Niirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

Despite the fact you signed an oath of loyalty Zir?! Tsk tsk...Well, ok then,BAM votes AYE (2)

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

It didn't stop Nick, did it? ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessBelde of the Far Reaches.Niirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Jadie of Goldshire

Post by Jadie of Goldshire »

*looks it over*Hmm....Sounds good to me....Very nice Eoin Goldshire- AYE (4) Jadie of GoldshireCarry on with your lives people...nothing to see here.

ErosDarkstar

Post by ErosDarkstar »

Kitanus Fields - AYE - Whatever we have now (2, I think...) Eros Darkstar al Sylvas ij Qel'AthasLast Son of Night"The Great are Only Great because we are on our knees. Let us rise!" -Stirner"There never was a saint with red hair" -Russian Proverb

Gryphon Avocatio

Post by Gryphon Avocatio »

Eoin: I didn't say that I didn't think that the Kaiser was supreme...I just said I would make a better one...so I tried... -Gryphon Avocatio- Lord Governor and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Research and Education, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! - Lover of Llamas "You're intense and driven. That can lead to a lot of good things. It can also lead to high blood pressure and a closing of the arteries." -Mr. Mathews -- "I think that people who drive Hummers are clueless, and that they just have enough money to advertise it." -Peter Camejo -- "Skanky-Deutch-Ho-Bag!!" -Mike

Phoenix the Risen

Post by Phoenix the Risen »

steve, you have one (1)Kildare Proper Abstains (5) Phoenix the Risen - Dutchess Pro-Tempore of Kildare; stand-in for Gryphon the Pure - Political Nuisance but at least She gets the job done. - Official Genkher of Gryphon Avocatio's Cool Short Sig and Gryphon the Pure's Awesome Tables! - "To quote a former Kaiser.... 'Shireroth doesn't give up land....'" ~UEC (Quoting Kaiser Letifer I), In response to claims on the Raynor Isles"To paraphrase a former Kaiser: 'Here! Take Amity for free! And that other half of Mar Sara too!'" ~SaiKar LumEth, (Paraphrasing Kaiser Mog I) In response to UEC"To paraphrase a former angry mob "DOWN WITH THE EVIL LAND-GIVING AWAY KAISER! REVOLT! REBELLION! CIVIL WAR!" ~Scott Siskind, (paraphrasing the Letifer Rebellion group) In response to SaiKar LumEth"I HEARBY QUESTION THE KAISERESS AUTHORITY!" ~Gryphon Avocado (Switching Day)

Kaiser Mors III

Post by Kaiser Mors III »

Aye, Brookshire (4) Mortis BrookshireKaiser of Shireroth

Rakesh86

Post by Rakesh86 »

Aye, Alexandretta (2)

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Vote end midnight tonight. Zirandorthel I of TreesiaThe Golden DarknessBelde of the Far Reaches.Niirus TinenetuwarLet the fates burn!

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

This vote is closed.Aye 17Nay 0Abstain 5Aye wins, with 77% of the vote. This Act has passed! Zirandorthel I of TreesiaThe Golden DarknessBelde of the Far Reaches.Niirus TinenetuwarLet the fates burn!

Return to “Landsraad Passed Bills”