Statement of Principal:

A library of bills passed into law by the Landsraad

Moderators: Jonas, CJ Miller

Jacobus Loki

Statement of Principal:

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Be it Resolved by the Landsraad of Shireroth:
The Imperial Republic is a micronation, a community and ideally a place for personal enjoyment and growth. With this in mind the Landsraad feels that certain behaviors are unacceptable by those that may visit here, and even attempt to call Shireroth their home. The unabashed insulting of others, their ideas, creations or background is not appropriate behavior, and will not be long tolerated. While disputes happen, and tempers can flare, it is important that individuals remain civil to others, and not engage in harassment tactics or intentional provocation of others. To this extant the Landsraad encourages the Kaiser, heads and governments of Subdivision, and the various moderators, and even general population, to take a dim view of this behavior. It is suggested that when an individual engages in unsavory and disrespectful behavior that they receive a friendly reminder that such behavior will not be tolerated. If such behavior continues a stricter warning be issued, and subtle, but documented, corrective measures be applied to the offensive material. Should a third and final offense be noted, with no sign of sincere remorse, and no extenuating circumstances be noted, the matter should be brought before an appropriate power, and the individual be temporarily curtailed from being able to make any further offensive remarks or action.
I move the above.
Jacobus Loki
Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

Kaiser Ometeotl I

Re: Statement of Principal:

Post by Kaiser Ometeotl I »

Aye.

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Aye!

Demon of Fides

Post by Demon of Fides »

AYE
I am confusing, have a wiki article to help: Link-a-dink

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

This is a very good proposal, which should be the base of a renewed Shireroth.

Aye!
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Demon of Fides

Post by Demon of Fides »

I ask that this bill is not resolved until the conclusion of the discussion in http://shireroth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14021.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

No problem, it seems that a certain sentence has upset (or at least worries) some people. While I know very well that this Statement counts for everyone on the forums, we should perhaps make also very clear that it (of course) also counts for ourselves.

With this in mind the Landsraad feels that certain behaviors are unacceptable by those that may visit here, and even attempt to call Shireroth their home.
TO:
With this in mind the Landsraad feels that certain behaviors are unacceptable by those that may visit and live here.
Just a proposal, which should avoid angry statements from former citizens who think that we're trying to characterise them as the devil. ;)
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Then shall we consider amending the resolution? I have no objection.
Jacobus Loki
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Jacobus Loki wrote:Then shall we consider amending the resolution? I have no objection.
Meh, we could do it as a sign of goodwill. It's not like it changes anything about it.

Aye for amendment!

Kaiser Ometeotl I

Aye for Amendment. It's a good idea to keep everyone happy, since that's kinda the goal of this to start with.

Demon of Fides

Post by Demon of Fides »

Aye for Amendment.

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

AYE for ammendment, but also happy with Ari's version, and can totally understand his argument that this would work better with clear authority etc. It would be worth passing that too.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Well then, how shall the amended version read?
Jacobus Loki

Demon of Fides

Post by Demon of Fides »

Jonas wrote:FROM:
With this in mind the Landsraad feels that certain behaviors are unacceptable by those that may visit here, and even attempt to call Shireroth their home.
TO:
With this in mind the Landsraad feels that certain behaviors are unacceptable by those that may visit and live here.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Amendment 1 (Jonas):

TO:

Amendment 2 (Ari's proposal):

TO:
With this in mind the Landsraad feels that certain behaviors are unacceptable.

Okay, it seems there are two (err... three) proposals: the original one, amendment 1 OR amendment 2.

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

Hmm. I'd say Amendment 1...

Kaiser Ometeotl I

Amendment 2 seems to have more external support. I'd support either 1 or 2. But the original draws to much fire.

Falkner van der Sluijs

Post by Falkner van der Sluijs »

Amendment 2, and I am in favor of this resolution as a whole also.
Dutch of Kildare
Jarl in Asantelian
Steward of Shireroth
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
Perennial Ghoti

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Either one or two.
Jacobus Loki

Kaiser Ometeotl I

I'm gonna formalize my Vote as Aye on 2.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Aye for Amendment 2.

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Aye on Amendment 2
Jacobus Loki

Demon of Fides

Post by Demon of Fides »

Aye for no.2

CJ Miller

Post by CJ Miller »

ABSTAIN both

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

Aye on 2. (Less flowery language, but it works.)

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

The Statement with Amendment 2 passed.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

The Imperial Republic is a micronation, a community and ideally a place for personal enjoyment and growth. With this in mind the Landsraad feels that certain behaviors are unacceptable. The unabashed insulting of others, their ideas, creations or background is not appropriate behavior, and will not be long tolerated. While disputes happen, and tempers can flare, it is important that individuals remain civil to others, and not engage in harassment tactics or intentional provocation of others. To this extant the Landsraad encourages the Kaiser, heads and governments of Subdivision, and the various moderators, and even general population, to take a dim view of this behavior. It is suggested that when an individual engages in unsavory and disrespectful behavior that they receive a friendly reminder that such behavior will not be tolerated. If such behavior continues a stricter warning be issued, and subtle, but documented, corrective measures be applied to the offensive material. Should a third and final offense be noted, with no sign of sincere remorse, and no extenuating circumstances be noted, the matter should be brought before an appropriate power, and the individual be temporarily curtailed from being able to make any further offensive remarks or action.

Kaiser Ometeotl I

So now just one question. Where do we put it?

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Proclamations of the Kaiser?

Kaiser Ometeotl I

I suppose. But do we sticky it. Board announce it. just tuck it into the wiki....

Return to “Landsraad Passed Bills”