Kaisership Selection Act of 4032

A library of bills passed into law by the Landsraad

Moderators: Jonas, CJ Miller

Erik Mortis

Kaisership Selection Act of 4032

Post by Erik Mortis »

LB: II. A. 2 Shall be revised as follows.
FROM
Subsection 2: Line of Succession

a. If the former Kaiser has not appointed an heir, the throne passes to one of the Houses of the Land in the following order.

* a.i. The house with the largest active population.
* a.ii. The house with the largest number of counties under its jurisdiction.
* a.iii. The house with the highest granted, inheritable title.
* a.iv. The house with the most inheritable titles held by its members.

b. If a single house cannot be determined from this process the Landsraad must decide from amongst the remaining houses.
c. Once the Kaisership has been granted to a particular house, that house may decide which of its members shall become Kaiser, by any means they choose.
d. If a house has no available individual, no individual eligible for the Kaisership, or declines the throne, then the Kaisership shall pass to the next eligible house based on the previous provisions.
e. A house has 4 days to choose from amongst its members who shall be Kaiser before the Kaisership will pass to the next eligible house.
f. The succession of the throne shall be overseen by the Arbiter of the Imperial Judex, in consultation with the Landraad and Imperial Advisory Council.
g. Until a Kaiser is crowned, the Steward shall maintain the functions of government.
TO
Subsection 2: Succession of the Throne
a. Should the former Kaiser have failed to appoint an heir, or if said heir is unable or unwilling to claim the throne within 4 days, the Landsraad must immediately elect a new heir to the throne.
b. If the steward is able to vote in the Landsraad, zie cannot cast a vote in the election of a new heir.
c. If the Landsraad is unable to elect a new heir within 7 days then the Steward shall become heir to the throne.
d Until a Kaiser is crowned, the Steward shall maintain the functions of government.
LB: II. A. 4 to be changed as follows.
FROM
Subsection 4: Claims to the Throne

If no one in the Line of Succession is able or willing to take the throne, the Steward either does not exist or is unable or unwilling to take the throne, and the Landsraad is unable to elect a Steward, then any citizen past their period of minority may take the throne if they can convince the nation to acknowledge their claim.
TO
Subsection 4: Claims to the Throne

a. If the landsraad is unable to elect an heir, the Steward either does not exist or is unable or unwilling to take the throne, and the Landsraad is unable to elect a Steward, then any citizen past their period of minority may take the throne if they can convince the nation to acknowledge their claim.
This is inspired by Shyriath's fall of houses act, but is me trying to get the ball rolling and also institute a more equitable system for dealing with issues with heirs.

CJ Miller

Re: Kaisership Selection Act of 4032

Post by CJ Miller »

Given Imperial Order 002, I move to strike the proposed Items II(A)(2)(a)(iii) and (iv) from the bill.

Kaiser Ometeotl I

Post by Kaiser Ometeotl I »

Umm... That's what I'm trying to do? If you look at how it's laid out I have the old law first then what I'm trying to change it to.

Kaiser Ometeotl I

Aye.

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Halluci, Aye.

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Can I even vote? I have no idea. Whatever, let's try an AYE and see how far it gets me.

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

AYE
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Kaiser Ometeotl I

Passes 4-0-0.

Return to “Landsraad Passed Bills”