Big Long Change To Stuff Act

A library of bills passed into law by the Landsraad

Moderators: Jonas, CJ Miller

Fax Celestis

Re: Big Long Change To Stuff Act

Post by Fax Celestis »

Barony of Naudia'Diva votes a terrifically hearty AYE (3). Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink Regigoraauk

Kaiser Yarad I

Big Long Change To Stuff Act

Post by Kaiser Yarad I »

That Chapters II and III of the Lawbook be changed to read as below:Quote:Chapter II. SubdivisionA. Types1. CountiesThe lands of Shireroth shall be divided up into subdivisions known as Counties.2. Baronies and DuchiesThese lands may be joined up through alliances between Counts to form Baronies and Duchies.B. Nobles1. Duchies shall be ruled by a Lesser Noble known as a Duke or Duchess.2. Baronies shall be ruled by a Lesser Noble known as a Baron or Baroness.3. Counties shall be ruled by a Minor Noble known as a Count or Countess.C. Creation1. Counties a. Counties may be created from a division of previously existing land by the Kaiser, the local lord or another empowered authority. b. Counties may also be created from the division of newly annexed land by the above authorities.2. Baronies a. A Barony may be created from the alliance of two or more Counties, up to a maximum of four. At five Counties, the Barony may become a Duchy. b. In this case, it must be stipulated in the alliance contract of the new Barony exactly who the Baron or Baroness will be.3. Duchies a. Duchies may be created through the alliance of two or more Baronies, or the alliance of five or more Counties. b. In this case, it must be stipulated in the alliance contract of the new Duchy exactly who the Duke or Duchess will be.4. Definitions a. For the purposes of this section, "Shirithian Land" shall be meant as any land owned or controlled by the Kaiser of the Imperial Republic of Shireroth or their fief lords. b. For the purposes of this section, "Newly Annexed Land" shall be meant as any land which has been owned or controlled by the Imperial Republic of Shireroth for no more than one Shirithian Week (14 Days).D. Destruction1. Destruction by Dissolution a. If a Barony goes below the minimum amount of Counties needed for its formation (2), then it will be dissolved, unless a replacement County can be found within three days. Any remaining Counties will become independent after the destruction, and the Baron will lose their title. b. If a Duchy goes below the minimum amount of Counties needed for its formation (4) then it will be dissolved, unless enough Counties to make up the minimum amount required can be found within three days. Any remaining Counties and Baronies will become independent after the destruction, and the Duke will lose their title.2. Destruction by Order a. If just cause has been proposed for the dissolution of a Barony, then it can be dissolved by a majority vote in the Landsraad, or by order of the Kaiser. The Baron will lose their title, and all constituent Counties will become independent. b. If just cause has been proposed for the dissolution of a Duchy, then it can be dissolved by a majority vote in the Landsraad, or by order of the Kaiser. The Duke will lose their title, and all constituent Barones and Counties will become independent. E. Criteria for Subdivisions.1. Criteria for Baronies a. A Barony shall consist of at least two (2) previously independent Counties, up to a maximum of four (4) previously independent Counties. b. A Barony shall consist of at least one (1) Active Citizen. c. A Barony shall be ruled by a Baron or Baroness. d. A Barony shall lie within Definite Borders of Shirithian Land. e. If a Barony becomes part of a Duchy, then that Duchy must meet the criteria for Duchies as outlined below. f. Before the formation of a Barony, an alliance contract must be drawn up and posted in the Noble Commons.2. Criteria for Duchies a. A Duchy shall consist of at least two (2) previously independent Baronies or five (5) previously independent Counties. b. A Duchy shall consist of at least three (3) Active Citizens. c. A Duchy shall be ruled by a Duke or Duchess. d. A Duchy shall lie within Definite Borders of Shirithian Land. e. Before the formation of a Duchy, an alliance contract must be drawn up between the highest-ranking nobles within the fiefdoms to be allied, and presented to the Imperial Provost for inspection. A copy must also be posted in the Noble Commons.3. Definitions a. For purposes of this section, "Definite Borders" are borders for which there is a definite interior, and from any point on that interior, there is a radius to a boundary for every surface direction. If a subdivision meets a body of water, the boundary in the direction of that body of water need not be quantified, but shall be limited to the extent of the next shore.F. Territories1. Territories are considered autonomous regions of Shireroth. Each Territory may be granted a forum with its flag and a link to its own board. For all purposes, Territories are considered under the direct supervision of the Kaiser, who may choose to control them directly, or to appoint a Governor. Citizens and Nobles of Territories are considered citizens of Shireroth, and nothing more.G. Protectorates1. Protectorates are those states and nations that are under the protection of Shireroth, but remain officially independent. The defense and foreign relations of a Protectorate shall be handled by Shireroth, but internal government shall remain untouched.2. As an independent nation, a Protectorate is not bound by Chapter IV, Article B of the Lawbook.3. Any nation granted Protectorate status may choose to have that status lifted at any time after due consultation with the MiniEx and MoMA.Chapter III. NoblesA. Barons1. Independent Barons a. Powers Granted i. Any independent Baron has complete power to do whatever he wishes within his Barony, within his restrictions. ii. Any independent Baron may place restrictions upon Counts within his Barony. iii. Any independent Baron may speak within the Landsraad and vote with the amount of votes allowed to him. b. Restrictions i. No independent Baron may violate Imperial law. ii. No independent Baron may conduct significant foreign policy. iii. No independent Baron may call for the overthrow of the government without just cause. iv. No independent Baron may secede from Shireroth. v. An independent BaronÂ’s powers affect only his Barony and those within.2. Subservient Barons a. Powers Granted i. Any subservient Baron has complete power to do whatever he wishes within his Barony, within the restrictions imposed by his Duke. ii. Any subservient Baron may speak within the Landsraad, and may also vote, provided that his liege Duke has given him votes, as either stipulated in the alliance contract or as a reward. b. Restrictions i. A Baron may not do any of the things denied to his Duke. ii. No Baron may violate any restrictions placed upon him by his Duke. iii. A subservient BaronÂ’s powers affect only his Barony and those within.B. Dukes1. Powers granted a. Any Duke has complete power to do whatever he wishes within his Duchy, within his restrictions. b. Any Duke may place restrictions upon Barons and Counts within his Duchy. c. Any Duke may speak within the Landsraad, and vote with the amount of votes allotted to him.2. Restrictions a. No Duke may violate Imperial law without just cause. b. No Duke may conduct significant foreign policy. c. No Duke may call for the overthrow of the government. d. No Duke may secede from Shireroth. e. A Duke's powers affect only his Duchy and those within.C. Appointing and Removing Barons1. At the alliance of two or more Counties into a Barony, a Baron must be chosen, and this choice stipulated in the alliance contract. This Baron must nominate a successor upon accessing their new position. This successor may or may not become a Joint Noble, according to the BaronÂ’s personal choice.2. If this Baron cannot perform their duties, or is deemed unable to perform them by the Kaiser, or breaks the laws of Shireroth, then they shall be removed in favour of their successor. They will be demoted to Count. This demotion will take place through the Imperial Judex.D. Appointing and Removing Dukes1. At the alliance of two or more Baronies, or of five or more Counties, into a Duchy, a Duke must be chosen, and this choice stipulated in the alliance contract. This Duke must nominate a successor upon accessing their new position. This successor may or may not become a Joint Noble, according to the DukeÂ’s personal choice.2. If this Duke cannot perform their duties, or is deemed unable to perform them by the Kaiser, or breaks the laws of Shireroth, then they shall be removed in favour of their successor. They will be demoted to Baron or Count, depending on the circumstance. This demotion will take place through the Imperial Judex.E. Ruling Nobles and Honourary Nobles.1. Ruling Nobles. a. All Dukes and Barons appointed by the procedures listed in sections C and D shall be known as the "Ruling Nobles" of their respective subdivisions. b. A Ruling Noble may override any decision or action made by any of his Joint Nobles.2. Joint Nobles. a. The spouse of a Ruling Noble may be granted a title of Nobility of the same level and power over the same realm as the Ruling Noble. Such nobles shall be known as "Joint Nobles". b. Joint Nobles may have all the powers of their Ruling Noble except the Landsraad vote. c. In the case of a Ruling Noble's absence, if he has any Joint Nobles, the primary shall be automatically considered his emissary if no emissary has been previously established. d. These clauses may vary due to pre-nuptial agreements.F. Revolts and Rebellions.1. If there is a Revolt against the Kaiser, it is the duty of all Nobles to help suppress it.2. If there is a revolt in an independent Barony against the legitimately appointed Baron, it is the duty of the national government and any loyalist Counts to suppress it.3.If there is a revolt in a subservient Barony, it is the duty of the Duke or Duchess and any loyalist Counts to suppress it, although the imperial government will help it asked.4.If there is a revolt in a Barony, it is the duty of the Duke or Duchess to suppress it, although the imperial government will help it asked.G. Multiple Titles of Nobility.1. No Shirerithian shall rule over more than one County without an alliance contract being established.2. A Baron is still Count of their home County.3. A Duke is still Baron and Count of their home Barony and home County respectively.Go on. Vote or whatever you pseudo-democratic people do..

Nick Foghorn Leghorn

Post by Nick Foghorn Leghorn »

Netopalis votes a glossy-eyed and confused AYE (2) ________________It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word.-Andrew Jackson

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

Antya votes YEA. (3) Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismCitizen of ShirerothBaron of AntyaProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'We.....are.....not....FANTASY!>?!POE' - Scott Siskind, on hearing Bill Dusch say that Shireroth's theme is percieved to be Fiction-Fantasy based";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="'I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock.' - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);Edited by: Bill3000 at: 11/9/05 7:34

Hypatia Agnesi

Post by Hypatia Agnesi »

Kildare votes Aye (7), very enthusiastically!...the Praetor shudders at adding this to the lawbook, with formatting it needs....and the Preator reminds Bill that he needs to list the number of votes he has been allotted, when he casts them.So, are we going to have the specific distribution of votes put into the Procedures? At the passage of this bill, we will have no system for establishing who gets how many votes, if I remember correctly. *throws grenade for the hell of it*BO0O0O0O0/\/\!!!!!!

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

In that case I ask that this bill is put on whole until we've worked the Landsraad votes out.

Hypatia Agnesi

Post by Hypatia Agnesi »

I'll give it an extension. If you would be so kind as to write a companion piece of legislation for the Procedures that outlines te vote distributions (which are also listed in the Kaiser's decree), I would be grateful. You can post that one to be voted on alongside this. *throws grenade for the hell of it*BO0O0O0O0/\/\!!!!!!

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

I think we should do the old vote distributions for this bill. Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismCitizen of ShirerothBaron of AntyaProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'We.....are.....not....FANTASY!>?!POE' - Scott Siskind, on hearing Bill Dusch say that Shireroth's theme is percieved to be Fiction-Fantasy based";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="'I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock.' - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

Yeah for this bill, but whenever we pass it we cannot use the old ones. And we still don't know how we're going to do with votes after that. Richard LyonYansha Elaer Kyon gef ShanPernem kahn gef kuymal per varga stiPernem kahn gef varga per kuymal sti

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

So let's pass a vote-change act first. Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink Regigoraauk

Hypatia Agnesi

Post by Hypatia Agnesi »

Well, we have until the 14th to pass that. Someone, write it, please. I've been pretty busy in real life and rather distracted, and I'd rather not write it myself. *throws grenade for the hell of it*BO0O0O0O0/\/\!!!!!!

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

I'll see what I can do. If someone beats me to it, good, but... Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink Regigoraauk

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

This is what the Kaiser's decree said:Landsraad Votes:a) The Landsraad shall consist of the Greater Nobility of Shirerothb) A non-subservient Baron receives one vote for each County within Zir fiefdom (including zir own County) and one extra vote for owning the title of Baron. This is to a maximum of five votes per independent Baron.c) A Duke receives one vote for every County within zir Duchy, one vote for every subservient Barony within zir Duchy (not counting zir own), an extra two votes for being a Duke, and also receives the pre-alliance votes of zir subservient Barons. These last votes may be leased or gifted back to the subservient Baron according to the contract written up between the two Nobles upon allying.d) Counts are not permitted to speak unless authority is granted because of a position of theirs such as Minister. Richard LyonYansha Elaer Kyon gef ShanPernem kahn gef kuymal per varga stiPernem kahn gef varga per kuymal sti

Hypatia Agnesi

Post by Hypatia Agnesi »

This bill has PASSED.Aye: 15Nay: 0Abstain: 0As of now, the Landsraad may no longer use old vote distributions, as the previous subdivisions have become defunct. *throws grenade for the hell of it*BO0O0O0O0/\/\!!!!!!

Return to “Landsraad Passed Bills”