Shirerithian Anti-Smoking Act.

A library of bills passed into law by the Landsraad

Moderators: Jonas, CJ Miller

Kaiser Erik

Shirerithian Anti-Smoking Act.

Post by Kaiser Erik »

Where-as: Smoking is a disgusting habit, which is only a form of slow suicide.Where-as: I have had smoking effect people in my life, who I care for deeply, in a vastly negative way.Therefore: The following shall be added to the LawBook of Shireroth.Article VII: Laws of the Land.Quote:J. General Restrictions upon all Denizens of Shireroth.1. Smoking.a. No person within the lands of Shireroth shall be permitted to smoke any form of tobacco. b. No merchant within the lands of Shireroth shall be permitted to sell any form of tobacco.c. All forms of tobacco shall be considered an adictive substance within the lands of Shireroth. Kaiser Erik of Shireroth.Duke of BrookshireNot dead yet...

Kaiser Erik

Re: Shirerithian Anti-Smoking Act.

Post by Kaiser Erik »

Aye Brookshire (4)I know it seems silly in a mostly internet based nation. But. I'm pretty sure that most people will agree with me on this.. And.. It just makes me feel better to propose this law, for personal reasons.. Kaiser Erik of Shireroth.Duke of BrookshireNot dead yet...

Mattlore Devious

Post by Mattlore Devious »

Aye LOTH (6)yay for idealogical bills that have no real purpose in micronations (unless you want to tack a bit on banning advertising) The Ven. Mattlore DeviousPrime MinisterViscount of Amiens The Most Serene Empire of Ascalon

ErosDarkstar

Post by ErosDarkstar »

Kitanus Fields - AYE - 2 Eros Darkstar al Sylvas ij Qel'AthasLast Son of Night"The Great are Only Great because we are on our knees. Let us rise!" -Stirner"There never was a saint with red hair" -Russian Proverb

Kaiseress Jadie

Post by Kaiseress Jadie »

Aye- Goldshire-3 Kaiseress Jadie IThe Elf-Cat Kaiseress of ShirerothCarry on with your lives people....Nothing to see here

Kaiser Erik

Post by Kaiser Erik »

We could make a bill later about advertising on our boards... Kaiser Erik of Shireroth.Duke of BrookshireNot dead yet...

Gryphon Avocatio

Post by Gryphon Avocatio »

Aye -Gryphon Avocatio- Lord Governor and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Research and Education, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! - Lover of Llamas "You're intense and driven. That can lead to a lot of good things. It can also lead to high blood pressure and a closing of the arteries." -Mr. Mathews -- "I think that people who drive Hummers are clueless, and that they just have enough money to advertise it." -Peter Camejo -- "Skanky-Deutch-Ho-Bag!!" -Mike

Rakesh86

Post by Rakesh86 »

Abstain (2)While I personally hate smoking, I believe while we can ban smoking in all public realms and label it addictive - we should allow people to do what they want in the privacy of their homes. We ban them from doing something, they'll just do it behind our backs.

Kaiser Erik

Post by Kaiser Erik »

Not if they can't get it... Selling should be punishable by... deaTH@! Kaiser Erik of Shireroth.Duke of BrookshireNot dead yet...

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

What's the deadline on voting for this Act? Or is there a standard one I should already know about but don't? ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Kaiser Erik

Post by Kaiser Erik »

4 days. +3 if you want..Check the LawBook Article.. III I think.. Landsraad.. and it's under Precedure... Kaiser Erik of Shireroth.Duke of BrookshireNot dead yet...

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Right, so that would be Wednesday that I close it, and Tuesday at midnight is the deadline for any votes, and any after that aren't counted? Or should I be more lenient? ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Kaiseress Jadie

It is completely up to you Eoin..Personally I was more lenient but that is because I am me....but if you want to be strict then be strict....but you don't necessarily have to be. Kaiseress Jadie IThe Elf-Cat Kaiseress of ShirerothCarry on with your lives people....Nothing to see here

Gryphon Avocatio

Post by Gryphon Avocatio »

I wish the world were Ideal...because then I could be a libertarian... -Gryphon Avocatio- Lord Governor and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Research and Education, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! - Lover of Llamas "You're intense and driven. That can lead to a lot of good things. It can also lead to high blood pressure and a closing of the arteries." -Mr. Mathews -- "I think that people who drive Hummers are clueless, and that they just have enough money to advertise it." -Peter Camejo -- "Skanky-Deutch-Ho-Bag!!" -Mike

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

In an ideal world, a libertarian would campaign for a return to a segregated society, because an "ideal" society can't cater to everyone, and those people who don't appreciate the ideality of the present society would be defined as traitors to ideality and killed or imprisoned, because in an "ideal" society, all the dissidents are jailed, after all... ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Kaiser Erik

Post by Kaiser Erik »

And myself.. was more of a strict Prætor. Setting down the system of having to accually say what your vote is clearly, where it is from.. and how many... Kaiser Erik of Shireroth.Duke of BrookshireNot dead yet...

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Right! *puts on big deep trying-to-be-scary voice*Alright, you scu-er...lords and ladies! All votes in by tomorrow, d'you hea-...please?!*air is cut on daggers from eyes being directed at Eoin*I think that went quite well, don't you? ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Kaiser Erik

Post by Kaiser Erik »

Very... Kaiser Erik of Shireroth.Duke of BrookshireNot dead yet...

Kaiseress Jadie

The please just made it happen Eoin Kaiseress Jadie IThe Elf-Cat Kaiseress of ShirerothCarry on with your lives people....Nothing to see here

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

BAM votes aye (2)on a side note: I remember stories about my grandpa smoking way back when cigs weren't addictive... is this true?

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

It was probably the kind of "no-one knew they were addictive" thing. But I think they have become more addictive, I'd say they were always addicted.You know cigarettes have rat poison and rocket fuel and stuff in them? ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

I would say 21 votes in favour and 2 abstentations represents a fair majority, wouldn't you?If no-one else votes by 11pmGMT, I'll close this vote, mkay? ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

The thing about cigs is that the only reason they're legal is because they don't make you impaired like drugs.... so I guess the politicians felt it was ok to make legal, but it's still addictive, which makes it wrong.*beats the dead horse some more*

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Your beating of said dead horse has been noted in the minutes of the Landsraad, making for the fourth strangest occurence these chambers have seen. Well done, old bean. ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Mari Greenwood

Post by Mari Greenwood »

Geeze! Elwynn votes nay (4) on this one! Ha Ha this is stupid how would you enforce it? Edited by: Mari Greenwood at: 11/12/03 11:06 pm

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Would that be 4 Nays, then, Mari? ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Rakesh86

Post by Rakesh86 »

The Barony of Alexandretta will like to change its previous vote to NAY (2)We will not support Acts that are very hard to enforce (as Her Grace the Duchess of Elwynn stated) and would infringe on the rights of citizens to do as they please in a private setting. I ask the members of the Landsraad to reevaluate their votes - this is not just about our personal feelings on smokings, it is about limiting the civil rights of our citizens. (Plus why should it be illegal to use thi emoticon?)

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

In light of Rakesh and Mari's calls to change vote, I'm extending the vote-time on this Act until Friday, when I come back, okay? ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Kaiseress Jadie

Maybe we should change the law to banning the smoking in public places and you are only allowed to smoke in the privacy of your own home. Even though I really do think that tobacco should be outlawed...in all forms. Kaiseress Jadie IThe Elf-Cat Kaiseress of ShirerothCarry on with your lives people....Nothing to see here

Return to “Landsraad Passed Bills”