Signature Restraint Act

A library of bills passed into law by the Landsraad

Moderators: Jonas, CJ Miller

Scott Alexander

Signature Restraint Act

Post by Scott Alexander »

Resolved that the limit of signature sizes in Shireroth will be no more than five lines of text (exceptions granted if the text is made smaller) or an image smaller than 500*130. Should any foreigner violate this provision, the Minister of Information shall ban them or restrict their posting rights to something less than ten per day, depending on the severity of the violation. Should any citizen violate this provision, the Minister of Information shall restrict their posting rights to something between five and fifteen per day, depending on the severity of the violation. Any violator may end their penalty at any time by complying with the terms of this act.Any NGS members coming to Shireroth will be shot on sight as a bad influence.Hyperborea votes YEA. Edited by: Scott Siskind  at: 10/4/03 7:35 pm

Mari Greenwood

Re: Signature Restraint Act

Post by Mari Greenwood »

I will have to think about this. Is my image in my sig - okay?

ErosDarkstar

Post by ErosDarkstar »

Kitanus Fields votes a hearty AYE AYE (2).If I EVER see another line of posts with Bobby's "Politics of the People" sig, I WILL delete the damn posts... despite laws. Consider it justifiable homicide... no jury on Micras would convict me :) Eros Darkstar al Sylvas ij Qel'AthasLast Son of Night"The Great are Only Great because we are on our knees. Let us rise!" -Stirner"There never was a saint with red hair" -Russian Proverb

Gryphon the Pure

Post by Gryphon the Pure »

Kildare splits: AYE (2), ABSTAIN (2)I agree that signatures should be limited. However, for some reason, I feel funny about this act... so I am split.As for the suggested penalties...the Ministry of Information has already effected a foreigner's posting limit. Denizens are receiving five (5) posts per day; registered Diplomats are to receive ten (10) posts per day; Immigrants are to receive fifteen (15) posts per day; Hostile Outsiders receive one (1) post per day if they are not banned. Citizens having passed the Naturalization requirements receive unlimited posting rights.This system (as has been noted) has had a few flaws in the effection thereof, and I apologize for those troubles. By the way, if Winston Marlboro had not been banned, he would not have been able to post anymore that day anyways because of the set limits. Chances are he would have.BTW... who's NGS? Raised by a family of Griffins in the forests of Llanowar, this young mage is rumored to be the sole male born of the Serra tribe.

Scott Alexander

Post by Scott Alexander »

NGS is the National Government Simulation, a forum whose members are famous for having at least ten really big images in each of their sigs.Mari, yours is well under the image size limit, so you are OK. Since everything is but an apparition, having nothing to do with good or bad, acceptance or rejection, one may well burst out in laughter. - LongchenpaEdited by: Scott Siskind  at: 10/5/03 6:53 pm

Gryphon Avocatio

Post by Gryphon Avocatio »

Abstain (4)I have a feeling that most of the people posting in the nation don't read the post on the general forum asking them to keep their sigs short. Foreigners proly don't care what we think anyway. That, and I think that banning is a bad idea except under extrememe circumstances...so there you go... -Gryphon Avocatio- Lord Governor and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Imigration and Naturalisation, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! God save our gracious Queen, long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen. Send her victorious, happy and glorious, long to reign over us; God save the Queen. Thy choicest gifts in store On her be pleased to pour, Long may she reign.May she defend our laws, And ever give us cause To sing with heart and voice God save the Queen.

Austi Scot

Post by Austi Scot »

Novi Dalmacija casts it's 2 votes:Nay I say, and nay again.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Aye! (Brookshire 4)It's already law...When I was Kaiser I set this in place... But it was never made in a Big fuck all flashy decree... Maybe we should just make a bigger sign... Erik Mortis BrookshirePrætor of ShirerothDuke of Brookshire

Gryphon the Pure

If someone would tell me how to make a Marquee like Tymaria's, I would put it up in the announcements with the "Take the Bimestrial Census" one, which has been oh-so-effective Raised by a family of Griffins in the forests of Llanowar, this young mage is rumored to be the sole male born of the Serra tribe.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Marque the tag.. ONLY works in IE.. so.. it's a useless tag.. JAva might be able to do it.. I think I found the script that Tymaria used.. I might have it somewhere around here... (I love how that script proliferated after Tymaria...hehe) Erik Mortis BrookshirePrætor of ShirerothDuke of Brookshire

Gryphon Avocatio

Also, nobody is going to go around making sigs fit exactly. That would be a pretty stupid job. -Gryphon Avocatio- Lord Governor and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Imigration and Naturalisation, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! God save our gracious Queen, long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen. Send her victorious, happy and glorious, long to reign over us; God save the Queen. Thy choicest gifts in store On her be pleased to pour, Long may she reign.May she defend our laws, And ever give us cause To sing with heart and voice God save the Queen.

Gryphon Avocatio

Yardistan Changes it's vote to Nay (4).I thought about this and I'm thinking, why not just turn off signatures in the general forum and ministry of Information, post notices in the MiniEx and MiniImiNat and make it a law for citizens to keep it short and allow provisions for duchies to do as they wish if they want it restricted or not? I think that this would be better, that way we don't have to worry about any possiblity of problems. -Gryphon Avocatio- Lord Governor and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Imigration and Naturalisation, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! God save our gracious Queen, long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen. Send her victorious, happy and glorious, long to reign over us; God save the Queen. Thy choicest gifts in store On her be pleased to pour, Long may she reign.May she defend our laws, And ever give us cause To sing with heart and voice God save the Queen.

Mari Greenwood

Post by Mari Greenwood »

If most of the signatures that are annoying belong to visitors? How are you going to inforce this law? What are you going to do ban them?

Gryphon the Pure

hrm... maybe we should take up the ol' tradition of B0O0/\/\ing the feck out of people who annoy us... but that would mean we need an active and trained military... Raised by a family of Griffins in the forests of Llanowar, this young mage is rumored to be the sole male born of the Serra tribe.

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

Which I am WORKING on!*laughs*

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Nobles can already do what they want in their forums...And I like my sig.... To bad we can't literally restrict sig length in some feature or something... Erik Mortis BrookshirePrætor of ShirerothDuke of Brookshire

Kaiseress Jadie

Post by Kaiseress Jadie »

AYE!!! AYE DAMN IT!! GET RID OF LONG SIGS!!!!!!! DOWN WITH THEM!! LET THEM BURN!!!! BUUUUUUUURN I TELL YOU!!!! *runs off laughing evilly* Kaiseress Jadie IThe Elf-Cat Kaiseress of Shireroth

Eriana Moon

Post by Eriana Moon »

Lunaris = AYE

Gryphon Avocatio

Well then, have fun enforcing it. -Gryphon Avocatio- Lord Governor and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Research and Education, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! - Lover of Llamas "You're intense and driven. That can lead to a lot of good things. It can also lead to high blood pressure and a closing of the arteries." -Mr. Mathews -- "I think that people who drive Hummers are clueless, and that they just have enough money to advertise it." -Peter Camejo -- "Skanky-Deutch-Ho-Bag!!" -Mike

Stone Jackabar

Post by Stone Jackabar »

hell, i'll blow them up YAY!!! we're doooomed!!!!!!

Mari Greenwood

Post by Mari Greenwood »

Elwynn abstains and lets those who really desire this try to enforce it. Good luck!

Gryphon the Pure

I agree with Mari...Kildares vote changes:ABSTAIN (4) Raised by a family of Griffins in the forests of Llanowar, this young mage is rumored to be the sole male born of the Serra tribe.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

I tihnk people missed something I said..... This law.. IS already in place.. so more or less, this act means nothing... Passed, or Failed... It means nothing...But I'll calculate it today.. and give a verdict. No more Voting allowed. Erik Mortis BrookshirePrætor of ShirerothDuke of Brookshire

Gryphon Avocatio

It's not a law. It's not written anywhere that could make it a law.Now, i agree that certain sigs are long with the point of being malicious. and in that case, I reccomend that such people are banned. However, i think that if we just turned off the sigs in public places we would be fine. We wouldn't ever know the difference. -Gryphon Avocatio- Lord Governor and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Research and Education, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! - Lover of Llamas "You're intense and driven. That can lead to a lot of good things. It can also lead to high blood pressure and a closing of the arteries." -Mr. Mathews -- "I think that people who drive Hummers are clueless, and that they just have enough money to advertise it." -Peter Camejo -- "Skanky-Deutch-Ho-Bag!!" -Mike

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

The Kaiser said it was.. and thus.. it was. Remember.. the Kaiser's word is LAW. So.. a decree CAN be made outside of a full on "Imperial Decree #xx: Some law" format.... Erik Mortis BrookshirePrætor of ShirerothDuke of Brookshire

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

This Vote PASSES!Y-N-A14-6-14 Erik Mortis BrookshirePrætor of ShirerothDuke of Brookshire

Return to “Landsraad Passed Bills”