Judging Decisions

Kaiser Los III

Judging Decisions

Post by Kaiser Los III »

Extreme gets the first gold star of the war not as much for the obvious high quality of his posts both in exposition and military knowledge as for being the only person to post continuously and well through the postponement.

extreme007

Re: Judging Decisions

Post by extreme007 »

wooot!.. paid off!btw, on a more serious tone, were you being sarcastic in the "obvious high quality of his posts" ??? cause personally, i feel i have much to improve to the levels of amir.. (and from reading the Velkin war, yours as well) Discover, Invent, Theories, Experiment,Advance Science,Advance Extremism,(in Karnali, Republic of)

Kaiser Los III

Post by Kaiser Los III »

I wasn't being sarcastic at all. Your posts are long, detailed, interesting (I like the Babkhan-bashing, of course, but even besides that) and as far as I can tell very realistic.The star on your name on the map is to indicate you got a star here.

Kaiser Los III

Post by Kaiser Los III »

Today's star goes to Ardashir, mostly for his work here but also in general. The rest of us might have trouble dragging out "I am an evil bastard" to multipage lengths, but Ardashir manages to do it gracefully and effectively. Nice to see Don Almagro again, too.I don't like to be giving all these stars to Commonwealthers, so someone from the Allies do something noteworthy!

Kaiser Los III

Post by Kaiser Los III »

Greg, you get a star today for obviously overcoming whatever writer's block you had last night. The historical tie-in to the war with Kaiser Wyltheow is great, I love your unit, and you seem to have been the first person to have voluntarily parted with any little sliver of your unit, not to mention gotten me interested in what you're planning there.Extreme gets honorable mention; I'd give him a star except that I gave him one two days ago and don't want to overkill it.

AngelGuardian93

Post by AngelGuardian93 »

*blush* Many thanks to you! I will work hard to maintane your interest with many hopeless plot twists! There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

extreme007

Post by extreme007 »

i dont know how it happened (the explosion).. but if you are assuming we had anything to do with it, could you say that greg?plus, you do realise that you just lost perhaps 25 tanks in that explosion? its not easy to save 25 tanks from a sinking ship. Discover, Invent, Theories, Experiment,Advance Science,Advance Extremism,(in Karnali, Republic of)

AngelGuardian93

Yes?As for the 25 tanks, yes I know. It's not about winning in SNARL, it's about entertainment. It seems people were entertained, so it was worth it. There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

extreme007

Post by extreme007 »

oh yeah.. it was entertaining.... poor Sue. she.. i mean he died. Discover, Invent, Theories, Experiment,Advance Science,Advance Extremism,(in Karnali, Republic of)

AngelGuardian93

No, he's WAY to fun to write about to ever kill him. Heh. There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

extreme007

Post by extreme007 »

wow... interesting having a Komiteh spy onboard..... i wonder.. perhaps, you could do more about trying to find this spy, and any other ones in there... i am definately going to start reading more of your posts! you got a fan here... you definately deserved that star! Discover, Invent, Theories, Experiment,Advance Science,Advance Extremism,(in Karnali, Republic of)

extreme007

Post by extreme007 »

just as a side note... although i think i am a bit late now.. but could post your story in another thread? cause its not got to do with the battle over Acre.. and that thread is getting kind long. (*keeps quiet at the fact that my posts are only reason!*) Discover, Invent, Theories, Experiment,Advance Science,Advance Extremism,(in Karnali, Republic of)

AngelGuardian93

Well, originally I was supposed to join in with the battle of Acre, which is why I posted their, I suppose I should move over to Foghorn's thread now. There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

AngelGuardian93

Wow, I am truly humbled, thank you! I am actually a fan myself of your work. Keep it up please. I want to face you one day in battle. Actually, truth be told I was planning on it bein a spy, but Ardy told me to mention that, so I did. Apparently it works into his grand scheme. hehe There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find. Edited by: AngelGuardian93  at: 8/15/05 21:19

Kaiser Los III

Post by Kaiser Los III »

I'm giving today's star to myself for the battle of the Karaman Sea....and yes, obviously we need a better, fairer system. Would one of the Babkhans (Ardy or Extreme, preferably) like to be made an official judge? Then maybe the two of us could consult on who gets the star each day and there wouldn't be any chance of impropriety.

extreme007

Post by extreme007 »

you are doing a fine job as of now... and the ones who have receieved a star are the ones who have posted with what this Charter requires... fun, literacy and a good strategy. Discover, Invent, Theories, Experiment,Advance Science,Advance Extremism,(in Karnali, Republic of)

AngelGuardian93

I would like to see another judge on the other side for fairness sake, but I am hesitant to see it Ardashir. :P There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Kaiser Los III

Post by Kaiser Los III »

Extreme gets a second star for his obviously very successful bombing strategy yesterday and for being the one to write up the battle, but this is the last star I'm giving him for a while because otherwise no one else is going to get them.

extreme007

Post by extreme007 »

last star??? *sniff* why? why? oh why god why??i am just trying to raise the standards around here!oh great satan.. come to thy favourite second-in-command's aid...EDIT:upon some thinking, i think that you should give stars everytime the person comes up with something better.... cause that way you give that person added incentive... read the other post of mine on stars (in SNARL) about the usage of the stars...because now, if i aint gonna get stars, or any kind of bonus stuff... then i lose the incentive to write detailed posts.. i may just write the strategy in a way that looks like:"i attack here with these planes. they would do this, this, this. "and that wouldn't look good now.. would it? now, suppose you had two people with same star level and they both showed detailed work to get their 2 stars... now after reaching the stage where they get no more stars, one does the above example while the other continues with the hard painstaking detailed work... i am sure the second one deserves some credit.. something that will make keep distinct and better than the first... Discover, Invent, Theories, Experiment,Advance Science,Advance Extremism,(in Karnali, Republic of)Edited by: extreme007  at: 8/17/05 20:43

Osman Shahanshah

Post by Osman Shahanshah »

If I was a Judge I would probably give Nathan a gold star for his amusing Mutiny on the Massive

extreme007

Post by extreme007 »

yeah.. i would nominate that post too... but i was actually waiting for what he would do with that mutiny.... in other words, waiting for a followup post. Discover, Invent, Theories, Experiment,Advance Science,Advance Extremism,(in Karnali, Republic of)

chancellorN8

Post by chancellorN8 »

Thanks... I'm glad some people appreciated it... I got in a bit of deep water when the Lavalonians found out about it, lol. I did plan on continueing, maybe have the marooned officers run into some angry Babkhans... might be fun eh? His Sovereign Majesty, Nathan I,King of Natopiahttp://natopia.cjb.net

chancellorN8

Post by chancellorN8 »

Go for it. His Sovereign Majesty, Nathan I,King of Natopiahttp://natopia.cjb.net

extreme007

Post by extreme007 »

which reminds me... one of my pilots had ejected and perhaps fell into the waters near your ships......would you mind me doing some role-playing of that character perhaps? (similar to the likes of the movie, if i remember correctly The One That Got Away.... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050803/EDIT: this is the fourth time i am trying to get the link to show up.... finally got tired and put in the above fashion. Discover, Invent, Theories, Experiment,Advance Science,Advance Extremism,(in Karnali, Republic of)Edited by: extreme007  at: 8/18/05 17:00

Kaiser Los III

Post by Kaiser Los III »

Erik gets today's star for the new plane design posted in JASO. Keep in mind that you are all encouraged to flesh out your units as much as possible.

extreme007

Post by extreme007 »

wait... aren't stars supposed to be given for the inbattle stuff???cause otherwise, i have listed like tens of planes for the Karnalian Air Force... and that would certainly give me atleast 2 to 3 more stars!not to mention ardy's two planes, ashavan and shaqaal.and offcourse that would put almost everyone to post something or the other regarding their ships/tanks/guns/sidearms/whatever else they can think of! Discover, Invent, Theories, Experiment,Advance Science,Advance Extremism,(in Karnali, Republic of)

VA Foghorn

Post by VA Foghorn »

I'm going to have to agree with Extreme for once. Even though that plane is kickass, it didn't fit the requirements set forth in the charter for a star.

Kaiser Los III

Post by Kaiser Los III »

The old charter was much more specific about this, but no, all it says is "as a reward for literary and strategic merit." One of the encouragements is to create a personality for your unit like medals, brigades, a history, and tech specifications.Extreme, yes, you do deserve some stars for your stuff, but you already have twice as many stars as anyone else PLUS more tactical knowledge and I already told you you're not getting any more for a while to keep things from being any more unbalanced.

extreme007

Post by extreme007 »

kaiser... my point was that if you give erik a star (even though he hasn't even got like 3 fighting posts in the war) for the simple reason as showing the unit's plane's stats and all, then every other player would do the same... and then, every one would begin the war with 1 star!! Discover, Invent, Theories, Experiment,Advance Science,Advance Extremism,(in Karnali, Republic of)

Kaiser Los III

Post by Kaiser Los III »

...in the same sense that everyone's made really high quality posts up to now to get a star? As soon as it starts getting to be something everyone does, obviously it wouldn't be possible to give everyone stars for it. But if the result of my doing this is that everyone lists some technical specs for their units...well...cool.

Return to “SNARL - The Jaris War”