Lementations of Norfolk

Erik Mortis

Lementations of Norfolk

Post by Erik Mortis »

Letifer Mortis Brookshire, returning home from teaching at the Air Acadamy, walked to his mail box calmly, like he had done a hundred times before. Today he wasn't expecting much, a bill perhaps, maybe some advertisements. To his slight surprise there was no mail today, or perhaps he mail person had no come yet, thus there would be no mail to be got as of this time. Maybe he'd check later.Letifer wasn't an old man by any stretch of the imagination, only in his mid-to-late fourties. He had once served in the Shirerithian AirForce when he was younger, but retired when he was offered a teaching job at the Shireroth Air Acadamy in Brookshire. Walking into his house Letifer looked over at the picture of his two sons on the fireplace mantle. His eldest son, Niccali worked for the duchal government, assistant to the duke himself. While his youngest sone, Deegin was in the Shireroth Army, stationed overseas in Norfolk currently. Last he had heard from Deegin was that he was being reassigned closer to home. Letifer hadn't heard from Deegin since Norfolk was attacked, this had him greatly worried, but Deegin was always able to take care of himself.As he stood there thinking about his son, a nock came at the front door. Confused at the fact some person would accually come and visit him Letifer made his way back to the front door. Letifer only had a few friends, and they rarely ever distirbed him at his home, uninvited. Letifer opened the door slowly, standing on his porch was a young women in Army dress uniform holding a letter. Letifer's heart sank, he knew what this meant. Women spoke in a somber voice. "Are you Letifer Mortis Brookshire, Father of Deegin Mortis Brookshire?"Letifer nodded slowly."Sir, I regret to inform you that your son, Deegin, was killed in action in Norfolk."She handed Letifer the letter she was carrying, saluted and slowly walked away.Letifer slowly, calmly walked back inside, letter still in his hand. He knew what had to be done now. He set the unopened letter down on the table in the kitchen and walked over to the telephone. He dialed."Frank Landford please. Thank you... Frank, it's Letifer... I've had better days. Frank. Remember how you said if I ever wanted to come back all you needed from me was a signiture? Get the documents ready, I'll be there in 10 minutes." Letifer hung up.----12 hours later, Letifer was on a plane headed for the Jaris Front, recommisioned and orded to take command of a new fighter squadron. Looking at the roster of pilots on the plane Letifer recognized many of the names as past students of his at the Acadamy.Letifer sat there silently for the duration of the plane ride, upon landing he was taking to the barracks where his pilots where stationed and went in. As he entered the bunker went silent and all men stood in attention. Suddenly Letifer realized he knew all these men from the Academy.He looked them over, than spoke: "Hello again boys. It's good to see you all here. I have only one thing to say right now. I know what you are all capable off personally. I know how each one of your thinks, flies and fights. I know all your stories, and why you are here. Now know mine. My son was killed several days ago, and I swore to myself I would avenge him. As such, I am here. And with your help, we will make those bastards pay for Norfolk. We will make them pay for everything. We will fight, and they will die! We will fly, and they will fall! Today, is the day we retake the sky for the Kaiser. And today, Is the day death rides again!I am Commander Letifer Mortis Brookshire, Descended from Kaiser Letifer H'Graa himself! And, I say to you. I will not rest, until we, my scrapy boys, have taken the skies back for the Empire!"With that all the men in the barracks started applauding and yelling and hooting and hollering. Letifer stood there, basking in the confidence of his men and said to himself. "This is for you Deegin..This is for you..."OOC: I still need to put together and post a formal unit. Erik Mortis BrookshireEricir Murtil ranna ChasemónCount of Monty CriscoDuke of BrookshireMember of The Programmers' Guild of ShirerothShirerithian ElderGeneral in the YACEdited by: UEC  at: 8/19/05 20:53

Return to “SNARL - The Jaris War”