The Capture

extreme007

The Capture

Post by extreme007 »

Roozbeh Rostam closed his eyes and sat motionless. He was not going to cooperate with the enemy. He had been sitting on that very chair for the past three hours, without talking and without moving. In his mind, he was wondering how his high flying days had come to this. In his mind, he repeated the events that led up to this meeting with the enemy. He had fired missiles at the Natopian aircrafts and moments later, the alarms had gone off in his cockpit. He had then warned the others of inbound missiles and watched as they all flew away from him, leaving him alone in the missiles path. The screen display showed four inbound missiles all on him. Instantly, he pushed on the throttle and pulled back on the stick, sending his Ashavan into a sudden jump as it raced towards the skies. He remembered pushing the buttons for countermeasures like flares and chaff. He remembered keeping a constant watch on the screen display as the missiles got closer. He saw as one by one the missiles missed his aircraft and headed for the countermeasures. He then remembered the thing that had put him in this situation. The Ashavan used a timed release for the countermeasures and that was long enough for the last missile. The countermeasures had just released followed by the start of the timer, and just then the missile had got into its zone. Before the next set of countermeasures could be released, the missile was almost on to his Ashavan. Although the missile never got a direct hit, it exploded just a few feet from the aircraft. It was enough as Roozbeh could now remember the next few events very clearly. The engine had parts of the missiles shot into it causing the engine to loose oil pressure. That was followed by fuel problems. That was the first chain of running problems. The missile had also managed to cut a part of the aileron. That was followed by electrical problems in the state-of-the-art fly-by-wire system. He then remembered trying hard to bring the plane back into a leveled flight, but it was too late. The fuel systems began showing alarms and that was the indication that the fuel containers had a leak. The ground lessons back at the academy had drilled into the pilots that this alarm warning meant that there was a high chance that fuel was leaking out. And if that is happening in a burning plane, then it was going to explode sooner or later. Roozbeh had instinctively pulled the ejection cord and had then passed out as the seat ejected from the cockpit at huge g-forces. Roozbeh didn't even know if his aircraft had exploded. He had regained his senses only when he was a minute above the waters. Seeing the water, Roozbeh quickly realized his fate. The waters were controlled by the Natopian fleet. He was in enemy territory now. After hitting the water, he had quickly unbuckled himself from the seat and started swimming away from the sinking seat. Alone in the enemy water, he knew that the enemy must have seen him and were probably looking for him. He had then thought of the only thing he could do. He took out his gun from the holster and aimed it to his head. Roozbeh could remember the thoughts that ran through his mind. They said that the entire life passes moments before it ends and for Roozbeh it was passing quickly. He remembered the girl of his dream, the first day at the academy, the day he had lost his virginity to his superior's daughter, the day he had received his wings in the 11th Air Force and then the words of his Air Chief Marshal extreme007. Thoughts suddenly stopped for no reason and for no reason at all they stopped on the words, "It is every pilot's duty to escape from the enemy and return to base for another mission". That said, the gun immediately fell from his head and he opened his eyes.In front of him sat a Natopian officer and two guards in bright white uniforms standing behind the officer. He had sparkling badges on his shoulders. He had always envied the navy boys for getting badges on their shoulders. Though pilots had them too, it was never on the combat uniform."What's your name? What was your mission?", asked the Natopian officer.Roozbeh looked at the officer with some puzzlement."I do not remember. Who are you? Where am I?""Stop playing games now and answer me. Who are you and what was your mission?""I can't remember. If I did, I would tell you. But I do not remember."The Natopian officer got angry. He was short tempered fellow. He hit Roozbeh with the paper weight that was on the table. The impact knocked Roozbeh to the floor and his head hit the hard steel walls. Just then, another officer walked into the room and began whispering to the officer who had just knocked him. Roozbeh put his hand to his hand and felt blood. It was coming out of the cut he just received as he had hit the wall. It wasn't much and the Natopian men had not seen the blood yet. Roozbeh smiled as he got up and sat on the floor making sure that the blood and the cut would remain unseen from the officers. He then saw the first officer walk towards him. He grabbed hold of Roozbeh's uniform and gave a quick pull up. He then punched Roozbeh in the stomach and pinned him down on the table."You will tell us. Easy way or the hard way. But you will tell us."Roozbeh groaned as the weight of the first officer bore down on him. His chest was on the table and he could feel a pen poking into his chest, and as the weight on top of him grew, so did the pen's poke. The second officer noticed blood coming out of Roozbeh's head and quickly ordered the first officer away."Leave him. Throw him into the brig for now. And send the medical officer to clean him up."About an hour after having seen the medical officer, the officer who had saved him from the hot tempered officer walked into his room."What yours name? And what was your mission?"Roozbeh looked at the officer straight into the eyes and felt instantly that the Natopian officer was hiding something."I do not remember. I can't remember. I donÂ’t even...""Yes. I, uh.. my medical officer told me that the hit on your head might have affected your memory. Do you remember anything at all?"Roozbeh touched the part of his head where blood had earlier come out off. It was now covered up by the medical officer."I don't remember sir. I just can't remember.""Ok. Tell him anything that you do remember.""I remember floating in the water. There was this helicopter on top of me. One man came down on a rope and picked me up into the helicopter. During the helicopter ride, one of the other men inside punched me in the face. Then I was here on this ship. And that officer hit me. And then you know.""Okay. Uh.. If you do remember anything other than this, like for example how you got into the water, be sure to call for me. My name is Anthony Hipkiss. Good day now.""Thank you sir."As Anthony left the room, Roozbeh closed his eyes and continued remembering the incidents from he had left off earlier. Roozbeh remembered putting the gun down and seeing a small dot just above the horizon. As it got closer, it had begun taking the shape of a helicopter. At this point, Roozbeh knew it was the enemy and he knew he had to escape them. He knew that getting off the ship would be hard and that the Commonwealth was going to target these ships sooner or later. He knew that if had to get off the ship, he would have to lie. Roozbeh opened his eyes and smiled for the first time after getting captured. He little lie, with a bit of luck, was working. All he had to do now was wait for the opportunity to escape. And it was going to present itself soon.Summary: (allowed as nate said)this thread would basically be for this pilot of mine who ejected and got captured and how he plans his escape...Roozbeh Rostam is the pilot. He is now in one of Natopian ships. Discover, Invent, Theories, Experiment,Advance Science,Advance Extremism,(in Karnali, Republic of)

Return to “SNARL - The Jaris War”