Setting Off Once More

chancellorN8

Setting Off Once More

Post by chancellorN8 »

King Nathan was again sitting in his desk, looking out the window over the Natopian capitol of Lindstrom City. Amazing how much had changed since the last time he gazed out at the city on the eve of war. Last time he was grand chancellor of a nation that hated him, a nation he barely spent time in. But then things changed, he returned home from the Veliken War, not necessarily triumphant, but proof... proof that Natopia had a desire to take part in this world... even if it meant loss of life and ships. Since the end of that war he had watched Natopia become a central power of a small empire, the Venerable Union of Aligned States and then, watched it crash around him... crippling Natopia in its downfall. Natopia got out lucky, Faronia and New Germany are all but ghost towns now and Lavalon is recovering as well as Natopia is, one could guess.But, it all worked out allright didn't it? The chaos and confusion that surrounded the collapse of VUAS prompted the change in government, the change that got him crowned king of Natopia, a secret desire of his. And now he looked out his window... this time not looking down at fellow citizens, no, this time he was looking down at his subjects. The same subjects that cheered wildly when he coronated himseld to prove Natopia's independence and total sovereignty.Nathan stood up and began to pace in front of his desk. This new war was troubling. He had a very bad feeling about it. The Grand Commonwealth attempting to destabilize Shireroth’s system of colonies around the world… starting with the island of Jaris. Now, this alone would be troubling, two of the largest powers in the world were going to be embroiled in a war to determine who was the most powerful empire. The battle itself was far away from Natopia, and Natopia most likely would not be involved, aside from offering any support to its treaty partner, Shireroth. Natopia’s military was very small, with only one major battle in the Veliken War under their belt. But Jaris is off the coast of Antica, and Natopia and Antica are very close allies, and when the Commonwealth included Antica in their declaration of war against Shireroth, Natopia was bound by SPEAR to come to Antica’s aid, just as if the Commonwealth had declared war on Natopia itself.But what good could it possibly do?! Firstly, Antica was having some domestic problems and had barely mobilized its military in response to the GC declaration. Secondly, Natopia was never a major player in world politics and generally kept to itself or its continental neighbors. Nathan collapsed onto the couch in front of his desk. Natopia was a fly, a nuisance to the larger army of the Commonwealth, devoted to invasion. It had been a long day, preparing the fleet and making sure the new fleet roster was acceptable to his military advisors. They’d be setting off soon, only a matter of….…Hours later Nathan awoke with a start as a young lieutenant stood over him, gently prodding him with the clipboard he carried. “Your Majesty,” he said with a slight bow of the head as Nathan winced at his new title, it would take a while to adjust he thought. The lieutenant continued, “Alpha Fleet is assembled in Lindstrom Harbor. Your flagship, the Gustav Lindstrom, is waiting for you to board. After you are in command of the carrier, the Fleet will set off for the theater of battle.” Nathan was straightening his uniform that had been rumbled while he slept and washed up in the adjacent restroom as the lieutenant gave a full report on the fleet’s readiness. “Very good lieutenant,” Nathan said as he came out of the restroom, looking as refreshed as one could be after sleeping fully clothed on a couch, “Let’s go then, shall we?” He left the office without another look and made his way out to the courtyard of his palace, Vista de Nada, where he boarded a helicopter that took him to the deck of the pride of Natopia’s fleet, the HSMS Gustav Lindstrom. As he took his seat in the admiral’s chair, he gave the order for the communications ensign to ring up the other ships in the Fleet, the destroyers Ill de France II and Saint Louis, and the frigate Vista de Nada. “Lt. Murphy,” Nathan said as he turned to the navigations officer, “what is our ETA to our destination, the island of Jaris?” “Your Majesty, we will arrive at Jaris in approximately 52 hours and 48 minutes.” “Very well, we have two days at sea so I want drills at least once every hour, we will be ready.”Once more the entire Natopian Navy, no the entire Defense Force, set off from Natopian waters to fight someone else’s war. Summary:Natopian Alpha Fleet sets off from Lindstrom City to Jaris to provide support for Antican defense. Will arrive at Jaris in two days. His Sovereign Majesty, Nathan I,King of Natopiahttp://natopia.cjb.net

Dugobert Wurmser

Re: Setting Off Once More

Post by Dugobert Wurmser »

*Evil laugh* Not if the Central Fleet of the Grand Commonwealth under my command intercepts your ships and totally destroys them. *Evil Laugh again*Which i will do. The Admiral of the Central Fleet, immediately gave the orders to his staff members to watch out for any Natopian ship trying to sneak past the blockade, the Admiral had ordered previously. The Admiral walks away and informs the GC Defense Advisor that there might be a small skirmish soon.

chancellorN8

Post by chancellorN8 »

"WHAT?" Nathan said as he groggily answered the young ensign on the other end of the phone as he lay in his quarters. "Yes, sorry sir, thats what the message said. How shall I proceed?" "Well, if the Kaiser wants us to bring more ships, he cant expect them to just appear in the water next to us... Lindstrom Harbor is a full days sail behind us, as are any supplements to our fleet that the Kaiser wants. We'll have to make a full stop and wait for those extra ships." The ensign's end of the phone was silent. Then finally, "You are ordering a full stop in open sea? But, we are relatively close to the Babkhan coast, surely they have seen us and have expected us comeing, being in SPEAR." Nathan had gotten up was was sitting at his desk, looking at the entire fleet roster, he recognized those ships that were in the Veliken War, but now rested at the naval base in Anmutstadt. He would reassign a few of them to his fleet, but the rest had to remain, just in case. The phone was on speaker now, "Yes ensign, I'm well aware of the predicament we are in. Ring up Rear Admiral Koch of the Beta Fleet, give him my compliments and my order to have the following ships make way immeidatly for our current location." Nathan paused as he highlighted a few ships on the roster. "Right, ready ensign? I need The Massive, Turtle, Andromeda, and Mehlville." The ensign replied with an "aye aye sir" and hung up. Well, Nathan thought to himself, here we are, waiting, next to Babkha, about to fight Babkha, well, the Grand Commonwealth to be politically correct, in a far off theater that we are still a day away from. This is a great plan.Summary:Alpha Fleet makes dead stop half-way through journey to Jaris. Elements of the Beta Fleet have been reassigned to Alpha Fleet and will take one day to rendevouz.OOC: The fleet is still not aware of the blockade but is on high alert due to its proximity to Babkhan waters. His Sovereign Majesty, Nathan I,King of Natopiahttp://natopia.cjb.net

Dugobert Wurmser

*Admiral Wurmser is seen walking out of his room and is told about the recent developments*Admiral: WHAT??, they should have been here by now..Commodore Harris: Yes, sir, but there is no sign of them yet. Perhaps they turned around or maybe took a different route...Admiral: Perhaps, and perhaps not. Prepare the ships, we're going to have to prepare ourselves for the worst. Commodore, tell my staff about these developments, and the order that i just gave you. They should all be alerted.Commodore: Yes, sir, right away.Summary: The Central Fleet isnt aware that the Natopian Alpha Fleet had stopped half way, but they are preparing to meet them.

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

[Removed OOC comment, moved to SNARL forum] Wil Nider to the HyperboreansEoin to the restZirandorthel to the agesEdited by: Zirandorthel  at: 8/12/05 17:04

Sebastien Alexandre

Post by Sebastien Alexandre »

The fighters, awacs, and the stealth bomber and the bombers had arrived in Jaris. According to ground radar, and the AWACS, the fleet was not far off the coast.Ozarka sent up his stealth bomber, with 5 fighters in the air flyiong at shore, incase the Bomber should get into trouble."I want the battleship sunk, do you hear me?" He said to the pilot as he pointed at the graph map he had gotten printed from the AWACS.For the rest of you ::glares at fighter pilots:: that are not fighting the navy, I want you to SLAM anything that flies in here that is not Antican, Shirerithian, or Natopian, do you hear me?

chancellorN8

Post by chancellorN8 »

Nathan was stranding on the deck of the Gustav Lindstrom, looking out in the direction of Natopia, and the elements of the Beta Fleet. Nathan was looking over the officer rosters for the arriving ships. Occasionally he nodded approvingly as he saw the name of an excellent captain, or a promising young lieutenant. He came to the officer list for The Massive and stared at the top of the list. NO, he thought to himself, no, I could've requested the Thomas Jefferson but no, oh dear. The name that gave Nathan such a start was that of a Lavalonian captain, Slade McMaky. Why the hell was he still in the navy, Nathan thought furiously to himself. He looked down the list of officers, and about one third of the names had a small (L) next to their names to denote their nationality. "The sailors on THAT ship must not all be happy campers," he said audibly so that a group of ensigns passing by gave him an odd look behind him.When Lavalon, Faronia and New Germany were a part of the Venerable Union of Aligned States, nationals of each, filled with an indescribable Natopian pride, joined the Natopian Defense Force. Unfortunatly for them, the union collapsed weeks later, with them all still stuck in their 3 year service. The Ministry of Defense leaked hints down the chain of command that any of those unlucky nationals could, without reprecussions, silently slip out of the military and be treated as AWOL in Natopian records. This was done because after the collapse of the union, Natopia and Lavalon had a major falling out, nullifing their long-held friendship treaty and pulling citizens out of each country.Then why was this Captain McMaky and 1/3 of the officer crew still on boards a Natopian destroyer? Nathan didn't know. Nathan didn't care at this point in time. He was stuck with a Natopian ship run by Lavalonians, one of the most unexpected turn of events he hoped he'd ever experience. Maybe they craved the excitement and adventure of being in a navy, as Lavalon had no military at all? That wasn't the point, but he would personally call Captain McMaky to personally assure himself, and the other Natopian crews, that they would fight with appropriate honor in the upcoming battles at Jaris. He would also call Rear Admiral Koch, and after giving him a piece of his mind for sending him a ship run by Lavalonians, ask how he managed to deal with them.At that moment, the Gustav Lindstrom let out its proximity klaxon and raised the Imperial Flag of Natopia to signifiy the approach of friendly ships. Over the horizon the Mehlville, The Massive, Turtle, and Andromeda seemed to rise mysteriously out of the sea. They were late as it was so Nathan made his way toward the bridge. When he got there he told the navigations officer on watch to set a course for Jaris again, but at quarter speed. He turned to the communications officer, and told him that the vessels from Beta Fleet were to maintain full speed to rendevouz with Alpha Fleet on the go. As he left the bridge heading for the ready room, he turned to the navigations officer, "Oh yes, and remember to punch the accelator when those Beta ships reach us." Once in the ready room, he sat behind the vid-screen and composed himself in the most menacing and domaneering way he could, and dialed up Captain McMaky. To his annoyance, McMaky was in a similar posture! "Captain, I will be brief with you. I do not know why you are still in the Natopian Navy, but I am deeply grateful for your continued service to the Kingdom," Nathan said this almost through clenched teeth, but somehow maintained a smile... an eerie smile at that though. Capt McMaky merely responded with a nod of the head. Silence. "Yes, well, I do not need to say this, but I am sure we can expect full loyalty from you and your fellow nationals... and your entire crew" Nathan added hastily. Another, smug, arrogant nod. Good thing Nathan knew that not ALL Lavalonians were like this or he would nuke the entire pennisula! "Captain, I would also like to remind you that Antica is not just Natopia's friend and ally, but Antica and Lavalon have enjoyed a long friendship as well, despite some hiccups along the way. So, if you have any doubts about 'fighting Natopia's war' just remember that this war is not Natopia's either. It was thrust upon Antica and we must give all support to Antica, especially now. I'm sure you have heard the headlines?" Another silent nod. "Yes, well, then I'm sure you are... uh... prepared to... give your all," Nathan was flustering and trying to end this conversation with this...man, "Good day to you captain," and Nathan shut of the vid-screen in the middle of another silent nod. "God damn it, I'm a friggin' king and I'm letting a snotty Lavalonian annoy me? I'm tempted to put THAT ship up front, if only it weren't full of Natopian sailors as well."Summary:Beta Fleet ships have met up with the combined fleet, to be referred to as Alpha Fleet, and is under way once again to Jaris, to arrive in one day's time. His Sovereign Majesty, Nathan I,King of Natopiahttp://natopia.cjb.net

King Oz I

Post by King Oz I »

The Baron sat at his desk... on the screen infront of him the AWACS was relaying everything it saw from their radar, to his closed circuit television screen. His stealth bomber was in route, but it wasn't quite far enough yet, although, no trouble had approached it as of yet.He sighed, pressing a button and the screen rising back into the ceiling, he stood. He walked into the communications room and grabbed the phone, dialing into the Natopian headquarters, whereever it was on Jaris."Get me your King" the Baron barked when a secretary answered it. "We have important military issues to discuss and I will not have htem relayed by some imperial lackey" His Imperial Highness Prince Gabriel-Sebastien (Alexandria)Count Ozarka Monto of Hallucination (Shireroth)

Sebastien Alexandre

Re: Re:

Post by Sebastien Alexandre »

Ozarka saw 10 red dots fall off the screen... he looked and saw he still controled 13 fighters his stealth bomber and his prescious AWACS."New orders, AWACS is to head as planned to Jaris, we can link satellite instead of risking the plane. To the fighters, hover around the Kaiser's fleet. Find a Natopian or Antican carrier if you can to refuel on if need be.""In other words, give Wurmser hell, I want his fleet obliterated by Los, and the only reason for that to happen is if we keep him out of the skies"SUmmary:Previous order in the other thread disregarded, since it was only 20 mins ago I doubt they were half way there.. and I could've just edited it but Iw ill be honest.Anyways, all my bombers are gone, and 7 fighters.. I say that's fair....I would also say considering my people were inthe air BEFORE the Babkhans.. that they probably lost a large majority.

Dugobert Wurmser

Re:

*Admiral Wurmser, was informed of the Shirerithian Air Force under the command of Ozarka Monto, the Admiral was furious*Why, in the heck are they here? said the Admiral, the Admiral called up his staff immediately to hand out new orders, which included watching out for the AWACS under the command of Monto. The Admiral also mentioned that if he becomes a constant threat that he would have to unleash his own airplanes and attack the force under the command of Monto. (Commodore Gibbins walks up to the admiral) *Salutes the Admiral* Admiral, sir, we have been recently informed that the two Natopian fleets are assembled together and are making their way over here, the are to arrive within 24 hours, sir, said Commodore Gibbins.(The Admiral looked around the room, as if he was going to give an order, but instead walked up to his chair and sat down) Gents, the time has come for a relocation. We are moving somewhere else where no one can spot us. * Captain Hassam stands* Admiral, sir, if i may speak, there are many shirerithian ships out there, where do you suggest we move to? asked Captain Hassam. Well, the location will not be released but we wont wonder off from Jaris, we will be around... We will be destroying Monto's Force first to get rid of them, they are becoming a threat quickly, second, we have one day to spot out the Shrerithian ships out there, before they join up with the Natopian Alpha fleet and become too much to handle. Kaiser Los III's fleet is in search of our fleet and intends on destroying it. We must move now and await for the right moment to attack them from where they will not expect it. Gents, lets get on with it. * Admiral Wurmser's staff stands, Admiral salutes, they salute back* Dismissed! commanded, the Admiral.Summary: Central Fleet is not in Blockade mode anymore and is moving towards the coast of Stormark, exact position not announced yet. The Fleet is going to lauch an air strike on Monto's Force soon, they are preparing to also, launch a counter strike on Scott's force. Edited by: Dugobert Wurmser at: 8/15/05 14:08

Return to “SNARL - The Jaris War”