Jaris War: The Signal

extreme007

The Holy Flame

Post by extreme007 »

This is crazy. This is stupid. This is madness at its height. This is outright foolishness. Those Babkhan dim-wits. Taking on the Anticans right at their heart. And they want a local war? Nafticon, Antica’s best and easily most advanced and highly populated military base. And the Babkhans wanted it. Those pricks. It would take the Babkhans a good deal of a war to wrestle Nafticon away from the war-mongering Anticans. Forget Shireroth. Attacking Jaris? What sweet purpose does attacking Jaris even serve here, apart from getting Shireroth involved as well. Not that Shireroth has any real significant power here anyways, but still. Shireroth is big. And attacking big nations is always a mistake. The Commonwealth is big. But Babkha is not. And Babkhans are brainless ignorant dogs. No. Sandworms. Brainless ignorant big sandworms.Twenty five ashavans. That’s what he gave me. That Babkhan Shah! Twenty five ashavans and Nafticon and Jaris as targets. Yeah Right. I can’t believe it. Had he given me Trishuls as well, there could have been a possibility. I don’t even know if these Babkhan planes can handle my plans, or if those Babkhan pilots can fly these ugly looking ashavans. I don’t know how I am going to get this job done. It was hard enough getting the Babkhan Shah to allow me the use of four Karnalian manned Avekshaks. They would be the decisive factor in the fulfillment and success of the ‘11th Tactial Airforce’. Thankfully there is something Karnalian in this war. And I better make sure they remain the safest of all the other possible Commonwealth, no Babkhan, targets in the region. If the Anticans or Shirerthians get close to destroying one Avekshak, I swear on the soil I am on now, that I will go kamakaize on the Anticans and Shirerthians.Which reminds me, York is not such a bad place after all. It does give the feeling of a western town like Panis. The streets are narrow, and buildings small. So much for the peace and beauty of this place. There is a war on, and York is the biggest commonwealth air force base in the region. Defense First – the first rule of any commander of an air force. The enemy was all over the place. Defense of the York fell on two major fronts primarily – West, the Norwich Circle and North, the Maldon Line. Norwich and Maldon had one S-300PMU1 air defense battery each, giving me two more batteries to be used at free will anywhere I wanted. An Avekshak flying in between the two cities would ensure that no enemy aircraft flew in from that direction. Another in the North would ensure none from that direction. East of York was safe thanks to the Commonwealth fleet. And the South from all the other TDR cities, giving enough time to launch my aircrafts for defense. But that’s not enough. I can’t trust these Babkhans to do their job in the best possible manner. Hmmm… One of the S-300PMU1 battery can be sent to Chesterfield. The other, just south of Norwich on the other side of the lake. That will give me a direct warning of enemy aircrafts as soon as they enter the Commonwealth territory. From that point to York, will be the HUMRAAMs. These babies will be able to dent any attack on York from the South. The S-300 battery and HUMRAAMs will remain off, and they will only communicate via the secure network. Only specific ones will turn their radar and missiles on, once the target has been identified. Then its only a matter of time. If the enemy flies higher than the SAM altitude ranges, then they will be picked up by the Avekshak flying nearby or by the airport radars.Perfect. There is no way an air attack on York is possible without advanced knowledge. Even in the North, thanks to several HUMRAAMs located at key positions.“Sir, Message from the Shahanshah.” The sergeant was a Babkhan, and his way of saying it involved the usual Babkhan ignorance. I bet he must have taken about ten minutes to get here from the room down the hall. Anyways, lets see what the son-of-a shahanshah has for me.Begin the aerial assault on Jaris and Nafticon.Damn. Double Damn. I just hate that Bab… ah forget it. Its time for an attack. My bickering isn’t gonna change a thing. Okay. So, Nafticon and Philban. Nafticon basically. Alright. Alpha Group, consisting of four trishu…ashavans, with their GBU-24s and two AAMs will target Philban. Beta Group, consisting of five ashavans, with their AGM-88 HARM missiles and two AAMs will fly in fast and low at Nafticon. They will be followed closely by Delta Group, consisting of five ashavans, with their GBU-24s and GBU-28 Bunker busting bombs. Behind them, another five ashavans, with a combination of MK-20 Rockeye cluster bombs and MK-65 Quickstrike mines along with two AAMs, will make the Epsilon Group. And finally, Gamma Group, five ashavans flying with AAMs only will fly in fast and high towards Nafticon. And way back, within safer airspace will be the Avekshak, providing airborne surveillance and missile tracking/guiding help to this attack package.That sounds good. Flying in low will allow the lead groups to fly in undetected as much as possible. Even before they are detected, the high flying Gamma group will get detected. That gives 2 minutes before enemy aircraft start to take off. And perhaps, by then, the naval ships will turn ON their radar to get a bearing and targeting solutions at the Gamma group. 2 minutes will be enough time for Beta Group to make it to their ‘kill zone’. All the radars that come online will fall under the range of HARM missiles of Beta group. Once those HARMs are launched, it will take less than a minute for the Anticans to realize their radars are targeted. Ship radars, airport radars – any radar turned ON will be gone. Then Delta group will make holes on the ships and bunkers at Nafticon airbase. Finally, the Epsilon group will kill several base personnel and destroy smaller military hardware with their cluster bombs. And also, the Quickstrike mines put into the waters right near the Nafticon base will make sure that the Navy stays home until they clear the mines. And because of the war and all the inbound missiles and explosions, it would be hard for anyone to notice some mines fall into the water – especially since the mines look like missile and are being fired from jet fighters. If lucky, those who see it might think of a missile malfunction! Good for us.And offcourse, should any enemy aircraft make it to the air, they would always have to face the Gamme group. Not to mention the two AAMs packed on every other ashavan in other groups. Relatively the Alpha group should go without any problems, as there isn’t much opposition to it. Their targets would mainly be the power generator facility, the communications center and the drinking-water plant. That would put a huge hole in the Jaris defense, as the local militia would be without power, communications with homeland, and clean drinking water to fight the approaching Commonwealth Marines.Ah. So much for a day’s work. Time to see the pilots and brief them up. The first planes are set to take off in 10 minutes. And within an hour, the pilots and their planes – one can’t trust these Babkhan pilots – will be back at base for their next flight.Summary The image above shows primary defense already in place. Smaller circles are the S-300PMU1 air defense battery. 2 more are en route: one to Chesterfield, and other South of Norwich on the other side of the lake. The bigger circles are the maximum range of the Avekshak (AWACS based on E-3) aircraft in detecting low flying aircrafts. High flying will be detected at farther range. At any time, these regions would be covered.Attack begins in 10 minutes (or well, consider it underway or done).Alpha Group - 4 ashavans - laser guided bombs, 2 AAMs - Target: power generator, communications center, drinking water plant all at PhilbanBeta Group - 5 ashavans - HARM and AAMs - Target: radars at NafticonDelta Group - 5 ashavans - laser guided bombs and bunker busting bombs - Target: ships and bunkers at NafticonEpsilon Group - 5 ashavans - cluster bombs and mines - Target: Nafticon military facilities and ships and waterwaysGamma Group - 5 ashavans - AAMs - Target: any enemy aircraft.Avekshak providing AWACS and missile tracking/guiding. Discover, Invent, Theories, Experiment,Advance Science,Advance Extremism,(in Karnali, Republic of)

Osman Shahanshah

Jaris War: The Signal

Post by Osman Shahanshah »

Sarhang Mustafa Horten saluted as he back away from the Shahanshah and took a final bow before turning about and leaving the planning room, carrying with him the designs for the new Mithra fighter that had so impressed the king of kings. There truly was the plane that would end the Dio scourge and pass control of the skies of Micras to the rays of the Unconquered Sun.Turning next to the wall Ardashir, the Osman Shahanshah, glanced at the map of Terre des Riches and the adjacent Shirerithian and Antican territory. Here was where the future of the Commonwealth as a military power would be decided. Unless Jaris was occupied and the path the Antican navy would need to take to the high seas permanently blocked the core territories of the Skerry Islands would forever be vulnerable.The Shahanshah, who had moved to take personal command of the Army of Terre des Riches in view of the arduous mission before it, knew that for the Grand Commonwealth and the Shahan-Ri to fulfil their destiny and secure dominion over the entire planet, Shireroth would have to be systematically expelled from its own globe spanning network of colonies. The force he had built up was not the best that could be hoped for. The Babkhan forces in Terre des Riches and Palastina were far from the best in the Kingdom, the navy was also under-strength, however the air force, though small had been given top quality equipment, the Ashavan fighter in particular, while matched by the new generation of Karnalian fighters, were the best in the sector, and irony of ironies they were being commanded by a Tribune of Karnali, Extreme, and he was a perfectionist if ever there was one – demanding and getting complete control of ground based air defence systems in TDR. It was a price worth paying for his insight. Already kill zones were springing up across the territory, ready to deal with the inevitable counter strike by the Antican airforce racing to the aid of its Shirerithian allies.The Shahanshah looked at the map and turned his gaze to the small islands south of Jaris, as he did so he picked up the glass of Treesian Red from the table and took a long sip. In the next couple of days these would fall to the elite Marine Corps led by Amir Shervanis, who was at this moment, out at sea somewhere together with a naval group based around the Akh-Horus, and its complement of Ashavan fighters, a formidable force, but nonetheless the enemy would doubtless throw everything against them, testing their mettle. The enemy would need to be disrupted first. Another sip of Treesian Red and then a nod to the orderly standing at the door with a palmtop computer in his hand. The signal to initiate the first air strikes was now sent.The military aggression has been authorised

Sebastien Alexandre

Re: The Holy Flame

Post by Sebastien Alexandre »

Ozarka stood on the airfield, as his 25 aircraft took out to hopefully hammer the Babkhans, or atleast hold them at bay until naval units could arrive. Edited by: OzarkaMons01 at: 8/7/05 20:13

Dugobert Wurmser

Re: The Holy Flame

Post by Dugobert Wurmser »

The Admiral of the Central Fleet stood his ground when he directed his officials to give out the orders to block/attack any Shirerithian ship seen in the coasts of Terre D'riches and/or close by.The Admiral also commanded to begin the blockade in the outskirts of Jaris. Edited by: Dugobert Wurmser at: 8/12/05 6:43

stevenAntica

Re: Jaris War: The Signal

Post by stevenAntica »

&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp The layout of Aquilaria is bizarre indeed. Delphi with the help of the renowned Micronational architect, Mozilla had moved all the government buildings, which had previously been spread throughout the city to a new centralized location. The Judicial Office in which Steven, Judicial Archon is based is a monolithic building. Etched into its sides are classical depictions of justice and law. Now in full military regalia, he had returned to retrieve some materials. He had entrusted his assistant Archon with keeping down the house in the meantime. Steven gathered himself together, took a deep breath and prepared to make the ten minute walk to the Dinarchial Palace where he would meet the rest of the Military Council. The tenseness of the capitol city was almost tangible. Barricades crisscrossed the capitol buildings and soldiers marched through the streets. As he paced up the steps of the Palace, in all its majesty, Gemini sprung from behind him. &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp “Well hello,” he said.&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp “Hello. Well, it’s war.” I answered.&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp “I guess so. It couldn’t be at a worse time.” Gemini said.&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp “No. It couldn’t, could it? It’s almost tangible.”&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp “What’s tangible?” Gemini asked, although he knew the answer.&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp “The internal friction is. I hate to use the word revolution or revolt but there seems to be a bit of unrest.”&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp “I agree. You could almost cut it with a knife” Gemini said.&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp They walked and talked for a bit. The security gave them clearance and they traveled to the military wing of the palace. A connection had been built a couple of years back for more convenient use. The times that their IDs were check were innumerable. They entered the war room gracefully. Foghorn, Delphi, Octavius, and Olorix were already there. &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp “Well,” Delphi said. “We’re all here.”&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp Foghorn got up immediately. Without pause he brought to the table the issue on every man’s mind. “How in hell can we expect to fight a war with the home front in this state? This country is about to explode!”&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp Steven chimed in, “I am tied down here at home. First of all, we cannot expect our soldiers to give it all with such tension at home. I am nervous to go to war, honestly.”

Sebastien Alexandre

Re: Jaris War: The Signal

Post by Sebastien Alexandre »

Ozarka logged onto the mainframe, and before him, on the screen, stood the Anticans. Oz was still in Halluci."Gentlemen, I understand the current situation in Antica, I also understand many may not be willing to fight from Antica, and I understand you may not be able to leave Antica.However, if allowed, I can commit a Halluci Air Division to Nafticon, and if needed, can take command of any Anticans willing to fight, other than that, I have no way of helping my friends in the Dinarchy."

extreme007

Rivalry

Post by extreme007 »

Loud cheers ran amongst the ground crew present at the York airbase. Twenty of the planes had landed with the last of the four remaining from Epsilon group finally crossing the initial approach point, twenty miles from the runway. The ground crew for each group ran over to their planes, and congratulated the tired pilots who were trying hard to put their feet firmly on the ground. The air crew of York had never had performed such a daring mission before. A few skirmishes, and mostly show-offs, with the Antican air force in the past was the bulk of the success this crew had seen. It was also their only experience. But this was different. It was war and this was a successful mission.The last of the planes finally touched down on the runway, and immediately, the cheers dried up. The only sound around the entire airbase was of the Ashavan engines droning off to a silent and the occasional sound of birds chirping. The last Ashavan was badly damage. It was part of the Epsilon group of aircrafts and it had multiple big holes in the left wing and a brown smoking engine. The pilot was lucky to have had the plane landed with the left wing almost useless and being a burden. Just as the plane came to a complete stop – BANG. There was a fireball at the tail end of the aircraft. Although small is size, it was enough to tell the ground crew that the engine was wasted. The pilot quickly opened the canopy and jumped out of the cockpit. He didn’t even bother waiting for the ground crew to bring him the ladder. He ran as far as possible from his aircraft to get to a safe ground as the aircraft behind him was just a waiting bomb – ready to explode at any time. The aircraft just sat there for a whole minute and everyone at the base without moving a muscle just stood there standing and waiting for the plane to explode. The sirens then came on in the distant background of the fire truck as it sped down from the end of the airport to the burning aircraft. Hopes of saving the aircraft finally began entering the minds of the entire York ground crew and they immediately set off trying to save as much of the aircraft as possible. It was hopeless, but for these crewmen, it was a war. They had made sure this aircraft was ready for years, and now it lay in front of them burning and half destroyed.The evening of the same day brought about a change in attitude from the afternoon’s mood. Although it went against the rules and knowledge of the Air Chief Marshal Extreme007, there was always time for fun and party for the high-flying hotshot pilots of the Babkhan air force. The pilots were at the York airport’s Bar & Restaurant, while the seniors including the ACM were in the War Lounge at the 11th Air Force’s newly assigned headquarters. While the pilots were enjoying drinks – which were on the house the first time in York’s history, the senior officers were ordered to appear for some ‘talks’ with the ACM.Air Commodore Ahmad Arash walked patiently and quickly into War Lounge, where already the Air Chief Marshal and other Air Commodores and high ranking senior officers were already present. Most of the men who knew him gave him an honored bow to him. The only ones who didn’t were the Air Chief Marshal extreme007 and his Karnalian Air Commodore. Both of them were standing straight and at what army men call attention. It didn’t take long for Ahmad to realize that this was no officers’ party or an ordinary congratulatory meeting that the Babkhans were used to. Although the atmosphere in the big room was like that of a party, especially with the open drinks and soothing instrumental music in the background, none of the men in the room drank a single sip or showed a happy face thanks to the stern look on the ACM’s face.“Gentlemen,” began the ACM. There was a long pause. The stern look had now changed to one similar to lost. The ACM was trying to find the correct words to use.“We had a successful mission today. Congratulations. BUT –”, the ACM stopped so that the officers who had a smile at their face could remove it immediately, as this was definitely not the reason he had called this meeting.“But in my eyes, it was really a poor performance. Every pilot out today was given a primary goal – which they all achieved. But they didn’t perform in other aspects, like completing their secondary goal and the bonus goals. They didn’t make another pass on their targets and deliver all their weapons before coming back. This is not good, if we want to win this war on our own and reduce th…”“Hang on a second.” Ahmad cut the ACM. “Surely, you don’t mean that. Comon. I mean, who would fly back to Nafticon? Its suicide. Once is lucky. Twice the chances reduces. We only have twenty aircrafts. If they flew back we would have lost most if not all of them.”Extreme007 was enraged. No one had ever interrupted a higher-ranking officer before. At least in the Karnalian air force no one had ever done. Even if anyone had opposed the idea, they would first hear out the entire thing and then make their voice heard. The voice was always heard, no matter how junior the officer was, or how crazy the idea was. Extreme007 walked quietly towards Ahmad and gently gestured him to take his seat. He then walked back calmly back to his table.“First of all, it is SIR. S-I-R. SIR. You are junior to me, and for that you call me SIR. Got that? Secondly. You let me finish. Next time you interrupt me, I will have you thrown out of this building and the 11th Air Force. You understand? That’s right. You heard me well and clear. I know who you are Air Commodore Ahmad Arash. You are like a legend here at TDR. A local boy from a poor background who made it all the way up to Air Commodore on his own thanks to challenges he faced all his life. A classic story and I am sure that should the film industry make a movie out of this, it would be a huge success. BUT, you have no place in my air force if you cannot hear me out.”Every one in the room had eyes popping out and each one of them was surprised at the anger the ACM vented out on the hero and legend of TDR. There was silence in the room. Even the music player fell silent as it was in the middle of switching music tracks. The music resurfaced with a solo violin being played. The soothing music brought about a soothing nature in the ACM, and his rage turned calm.“I know the mission had a high risk. But it was not impossible. The enemy had never thought that you – Babkhans – would ever attack Nafticon in broad daylight. Yet you did. And successfully. The ground airport radars at Nafticon destroyed. Six of the ships had their radars destroyed. Four of the ships are heavily damaged. It would take days before they are in action or in the waters. They are sitting ducks. Plus, if they do get in water, they would have to deal with our mines. Probably the best and worst news is that the airports at Nafticon have undergone tremendous damage thanks to the cluster bombs and the bunker busters. Worst because, half the bombs are still on the planes. They could have made another pass, over either the naval ships or the army base. Preferably the latter. I know it would mean loss of aircrafts. But think about this – the Anticans never expected a Babkhan attack in broad daylight. Do you think they would expect the aircrafts to attack on a return journey?”Extreme007 was waiting for an answer from Ahmad. It was now apparent that the relation between the two legends had deteriorated. When other officers were brought into the view, it could easily be seen that the feelings between the two nation’s officers in the Lounge had deteriorated as well. Babkhan officers were furious at the ACM for bashing their hero, while the single Karnalian officer was furious at the Babkhan hero for disrespecting the Karnalian legend. These feelings of hatred would soon spread through the entire 11th Air Force. And the ACM knew this very well.“Air Commodore Ahmad Arash. I do admire your courage and your willingness to succeed the challenges. So, here’s one challenge for you. I don’t want to boast but… From a Karnalian legend to a Babkhan hero. Fight with all the calculated risks. Fight to achieve as many goals as possible. Fight like there is no tomorrow. Fight to show the skills, the honor and the reputation of the mighty Babkhan Air Force. Do you accept this challenge?”Extreme007’s eyes were wide open and a grin was now slowly coming on his face. Ahmad got up from his chair and stood face to face, shoulder to shoulder with his superior, with anger and burning passion to accept the challenge.“Off the records – You bet your Karnalian arse I accept your challenge.”The men began leaving the room with Ahmad Arash in lead followed by the Babkhan officers. The Karnalian officer then saluted the ACM and walked out of the room. Extreme007 picked up the bottle of the Lemurian beer and walked towards the big window at the end of the room. He scanned the skies as the sunlight started falling back and the dark clouds began forming shapes of an approaching thunder. Below him, the men and women of the 11th Air Force began running to each other to confirm the rumor of the challenge. The rivalry between the Babkhans and Karnalians of the 11th Air Force was going to set off a thunderstorm in the very hearts of the Antican and Shirethian military.Summary:planes returned from the attack. 1 plane is badly damaged. left wing destroyed and engine blown off. pilot survived. since you didnt say/respond to my attack, i took the liberty to decide the damage i put on the anticans. Antican Damage: ground radars at the airports destroyed. 6 of the ships have their radars destroyed. 4 of the ships have extensive damage, and it would days before they are back in action or on water. remember the mines before you set any of the ships to sail! airports are badly damaged due to the cluster bombs. (i could have made it worse by dropping them on the naval ships and/or the army base).Shirethian Damage: well.. there were only 3 specific targets, so i assume they all destroyed. :PSecondly.. since we dont know whether we will continue or not (it seems we might since others are replying), this post mainly gives a "backstory" to my characters and personnel involved. Discover, Invent, Theories, Experiment,Advance Science,Advance Extremism,(in Karnali, Republic of)

extreme007

Alone In the Dark

Post by extreme007 »

Alone In the DarkRunning through the 11th Air Force HQ, dodging other men and women going about their works in the HQ and keeping an eye on the directions posted throughout the building had taken a toll on the young cadet. This war was giving cadets like him a good experience, although he is probably not going to get any battle experience for the simple matter that he would probably not be seeking battlefield job in the future. But who knew what lay in his future. Ahmad Arash had given him – and the nation – hopes of achieving anything. And today, he was handed a letter by his hero himself which he had to give in the hands of the Air Chief Marshal extreme007. As he entered the ACM’s office, he bowed – a sign of respect for a superior officer and then quickly stood back up chin high – a sign of disrespect for showing how he felt about the previous night’s news about the bout between his hero and ACM.The ACM grabbed the letter from the young cadet, looked up at him and with a sarcastic, yet truthful, tone said “Good. You are brave!” The ACM opened the letter and read it. He then ran over to the window and below him saw Ahmad Arash walk out of the 11th Air Force HQ and onto the tarmac in full pilot uniform. Ahmad Arash had accepted his challenge and he was going to prove that Babkhan pilots are just as good their Karnalian brothers. Behind him, other Babkhan pilots began walking towards their aircrafts, just as proud and bravely as Ahmad was walking. In the distance the Karnalian Avekshak aircraft, designation for this mission Mother Goose, took to the air. Extreme007 smiled as his idea of improving the efficiency and eagerness to succeed in the war, showed its first signs. The men and women of the 11th Air Force were going into their next mission as one battle force.Extreme007 walked to his chair and spread the day’s mission out on his table once more. Twelve Ashavans were assigned to today’s mission – an easy bonus mission by Karnalian standards, and it was up to Ahmad Arash to prove the same for Babkhans as well. The mission was mainly bombings of stationary targets, with some anti-air capability incase the Antican air force showed up. The planes were in groups of 2 each, with 2 groups a target and the Avekshak providing AWACS and missile tracking and guidance. The attack called for one group to fly ahead of the second group, identifying the target and highlighting it with a laser. The second group, far behind would fire the missile, or bomb, which would follow the laser and fall on the target. Then the two groups would move to another target with the two groups switching roles. This would go till they are out of bombs and missiles or if they are out of targets – the latter happening if the Babkhans actually manage to prove themselves.Philban and the nearby area in Jaris were not fully military targets. But they did have militia targets – targets that aided the defending forces to pose some danger to the inbound Commonwealth forces. The targets for today were large roads that allowed the defending forces to retreat back to the city quickly, the long patches of dirt that looked like landing strips, administration buildings that were Shirethian, a telephone company network station and a chemical factory thought to be producing small amounts of chemical weapons for the defense of Jaris. These were the primary goals. The secondary were twelve satellite communication dishes and antennas that the Commonwealth intelligence and military satellites had picked up. These targets allowed the Jaris defense force the capability of informing the mainland about the Commonwealth strengths and weaknesses, cooperating with different cells within Jaris militia to undertake successful terrorist actions against the Commonwealth force and also helped the shirethian media to turn every small event in a huge propaganda story. The role of the 11th Air Force, for the moment, was to destroy this capability so as to allow the Commonwealth forces to face much less resistance, both locally and globally. The 11th Air Force had already achieved the main role of any modern air force – Air Supremacy.Summary:Attack on Philban. Targets are mainly ground since there are no air threats. Ground targets are:roads, landing strips, Shirethian administration buildings, a telephone company network station, a chemical factory and 12 satellite communication dishes. Discover, Invent, Theories, Experiment,Advance Science,Advance Extremism,(in Karnali, Republic of)

Return to “SNARL - The Jaris War”