New Forums Proposition B (Minfo)

Moderators: Jonas, CJ Miller

Hypatia Agnesi

Re: New Forums Proposition B (Minfo)

Post by Hypatia Agnesi »

The same restrictions on posting in the Landsraad still apply, as I posted in the thread for Proposition B. I will move this to the Front Gate as well. *throws grenade for the hell of it*BO0O0O0O0/\/\!!!!!!

Fax Celestis

New Forums Proposition B (Minfo)

Post by Fax Celestis »

Naudia'Diva recognizes that the forums we have with ezBoard have been our home for quite some time, but asserts that Shireroth as a whole would be better served with a different form of forum: phpBB.With the server switch that is pending, we will be able to host our own fora with little to no difficulty. We have several intelligent and capable members of our society who know php very well, and I would ask that the Praetor grant admission to those who are not already allowed into the Landsraad.Naudia'Diva also recognizes that members of this congregation have also had "problems" in the past with phpBoards. To this, I reply that the Wiki is based in php and has no problems. In fact, it is even expandable without damaging any existing part of the object itself.The fora should be much the same.That being the case, Naudia'Diva proposes that the Imperial Republic of Shireroth test the waters by creating a protectorate-territory within a phpBB.I would be more than happy to lead this test, but whomever the Kaiser appoints as Chief Technician will suffice.The main point of this test would be to:a. Prove that phpBB is not as unstable as some proponents of Shireroth state it to be.b. Prove that phpBB can give us a similar (if not exact) copy of our current forum setup.c. Prove that fora can be copied from ezBoard to phpBBd. Prove that control over all various settings (post count, user graphics, html, etc.) is doable and useful. Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink Regigoraauk

Kaiser Yarad I

Post by Kaiser Yarad I »

I approve of this idea, it should help against some of the naysaying against php that goes on in ezboard micronations.Plus it's a lot like invasion and colonialisation, something no Imperial despot (ahem) should be without!

Hypatia Agnesi

Post by Hypatia Agnesi »

This bill has been untouched for a month, so I will archive it unless someone starts a vote or objects in favor of debate. *throws grenade for the hell of it*BO0O0O0O0/\/\!!!!!!

Return to “Landsraad Archives”