Citizenship Bill

Moderators: Jonas, CJ Miller

Daniel Farewell

Citizenship Bill

Post by Daniel Farewell »

BE IT ENACTED BY THE NOBLES OF THE HOUSES OF SHIREROTH IN LANDSRAAD ASSEMBLED, that:

1.Chapter IX of the Lawbook is amended to read:

A: Basic Citizenship

1. Definitions.
a. A denizen is any individual within the borders of Shireroth.
b. A citizen is a denizen of Shireroth who has been granted citizenship status and the privileges there in by the Ministry of Immigration and Naturalization, and/or the Kaiser.
c. Individuals cannot hold Citizenship in a subdivision. Individuals are Citizens of the Empire of Shireroth, Residents of a Subdivision, and Members of a House

2. Citizenship Regulations.
a. Regulations upon the acquisition and loss of citizenship shall be established and maintained by the Ministry of Immigration and Naturalization, but may be overruled by the Landsraad and/or the Kaiser.

B: Citizenship restrictions.
1.A noble or an imperial councillor is allowed one citizenship beside the the citizenship in Shireroth.

2.A steward may not hold any allegiances, offices or citizenship, in any other State, Nation or Power than the Imperial Republic of Shireroth.

C: Hostile Nations Citizenship Restriction

1. No citizen may retain Citizenship within any nation that the Imperial Republic of Shireroth has declared War upon, or is considered hostile to the nation of Shireroth.

2. The Kaiser gives the Minister of Exterior and Landsraad the power to pronounce a nation hostile to the nation of Shireroth.

D: Residency

1. Each Shirithian citizen may choose a specific place of residence for zirself. Zie may specify down to any level so far as city, but if the specification of city is not made, then zie shall officially reside in the capital city of the lowest subdivision specified.

2. No Shirithian shall reside in more than one city at a time, and in order to change residences, a one day travel time from the time of relocation announced shall be observed. In accordance with this, no Shirithian may reside in more than one residence in a day.

Kaiser Mors VI

Re: Citizenship Bill

Post by Kaiser Mors VI »

What's a "councillor" in Shireroth?

I still think the MiniImNat should be allowed to set most policy on citizenship. I wanted to have the landsraad pass some additional stuff a week ago, but not forbid the MiniImNat from doing their job.
Kaiser Mors VI,
Head of House Mortis.

Daniel Farewell

OK. agreed. An imperial councillor is a member of the Imperial (Advisory) Council :)

Kaiser Mors VI

Post by Kaiser Mors VI »

Are they now.... huh... Then I see no reason to restrict their citizenship. The IAC has no power, at this time, that would require such a restriction.
Kaiser Mors VI,
Head of House Mortis.

Daniel Farewell

As the IAC is a closed council of the Kaiser's most trusted, the Kaiser ought to listen to them and respect them. Also, the Kaiser may convey important information to them before they're finalized. So to minimize their outside influence or information given from them to other states, we could restrict their citizenship. Also... This also removes the tricitizenship rule from the Lawbook, instead making dual nationality allowed in certain cases, and removing the Steward from his other citizenship.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

This bill is pointless to a great extent. The amendment to 2 a. is unnecessary since the Landsraad and Kaiser can always overrule a Minister. The amendment to B 2. is also unnecessary since the Steward is held to the same limitations and restrictions as the Kaiser, as outlined in the Charter. I am also a bit iffy on the subject of the Landsraad legislating on the role and powers of the Steward. Finally, B 1. removes the tri-cit limitation, a law I totally support.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

Daniel Farewell

OK, we can clean it up, Malliki. But how do you feel in principle?

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Since amendments 1 and 3 are unnecessary and I support the tri-cit law, I'm opposed to this.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Daniel Farewell

OK.

Daniel Farewell

Prætor, Sir:

I hereby withdraw this bill.

Kaiser Mors VI

Post by Kaiser Mors VI »

We remove the tri-cit regulation for commoners!
And I VETO it for good measure!

Tri-cit will be maintained.
Kaiser Mors VI,
Head of House Mortis.

Daniel Farewell

Majesty,

Instead of threatening every single bill (which you have before in different carnations) that refers to citizenship, perhaps we could have a healthy debate on citizenship, its restrictions and the loyalty of citizens to this Republic.

May I also add that before you "vetoed" it, I had withdrawn the bill.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

I feel in a picky mood. The Kaiser may veto anything put before the Landsraad at any time, for any reason.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Kaiser Mors VI

Post by Kaiser Mors VI »

I know you withdrew it. I was vetoing for good measure.

Like I said, I will veto any bill that removed tri-cit. I'm open to other regulations, restrictions..etc. but Tri-Cit will be maintained. It is important, and while I know it doesn't sit well with some, it has good reasons to exist.
Kaiser Mors VI,
Head of House Mortis.

Return to “Landsraad Archives”