The River Elwynn

Moderators: Jonas, CJ Miller

Rai Avon-El

The River Elwynn

Post by Rai Avon-El »

Your Graces, Dukes of Shireroth --

1. It has come to the attention of the authorities in Elwynn that across the river in the Jewish lands, a Trans-Elwynnese autuonomous region has been set up. I motion that the Landsraad sends an emissary to Republic of Ashkenatza to investigate the matter. I recommend Scott Alexander de Kai-Raikoth.

2. The Amokolian state is falling apart. It has no structure, no government and hardly any people active. It is currently seeking the citizenry's views on being admitted as a province in the new-founded Gralan Empire after a failed attempt to swap lands with Babkha. This is worrying. We are having an instable neighbour that could threaten Shireroth. However, there is nothing we can do on that matter. What I would like us to do on the other hand is to make a deal with Amokolia before their existence as sovereign entity has ended that would grant SHireroth control over the source of Elwynn. This territory was at one time Shirerithian and ought to be returned to Shireroth. I move for sending Comt d'Alalehzamin to Amokolia to negotiate with the authorities there about a possible transfer of lands.

3. I motion that the River Elwynn, from Araxion to Musica, from it's banks to the left and to the right of its flow, all constitutes internal Shirerithian waters, that the Sluices and Dams of the River are Shirerithian, remain Shirerithian and will forever be Shirerithian!

Thank you,

Nathan of Natopia

Re: The River Elwynn

Post by Nathan of Natopia »

In whatever capacity I have as Praetor I support this wholeheartedly.
Nathan,
Prophet of the Butter Bull,
Head Missionary of the Bovic Dominion of Natopia,
Natopian Representative to the Small Commonwealth,
Member of the Roth Zera of Elwynnese Realm

Rai Avon-El

Post by Rai Avon-El »

Thank you Lord Iserdia.

I would also like to point out to this esteemed assembly that the Ashkenatzi state is endangering our allies in the Small Commonwealth in the midst of Batavian elections.
As such, the situation pertaining to the ethnic Ashkenatzi Jews in Batavia has concerned us for a while now, especially after Batavia's joining the Small Commonwealth, which has been seemingly antagonistic to Ashkenatza on some occasions.
If we do send an emissary to the Jewish land to the west, we should really like to have it clarified what those Ashkenazi government officials really mean that the SC is antagonistic to Ashkenatza!
Therefore, we have considered granting an ultimatum to Batavia- in which either we sign a treaty allowing autonomy to Batavian Ashkenatzi Jews and a Non-Aggression Pact, or that Batavia transfer the said territories to Ashkenatzi control immediately
This is highly worrying and I personally ask that we can send this question to the Small Commonwealth immediately. Our brothers in sisters in Batavia shall not dwell under threat from militaristic neo-conservative governments.

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

I will also gladly support the Duke of Elwynn in this, on all counts. Would you have links to the relevant threads on this Ashkenatzi situation?

Jess

Post by Jess »

Yardistan does NOT support this.

Yardistan supports Amokolias claim to her side of the Vattna River. (Amokolian: Elwynn)
Jess,
<insert titles here>
Governor of Amokolia

Jess

Post by Jess »

Also, if Amokolian ships are not allowed to move freely without tolls, Yardistan will send her ships up the Elwynn
Jess,
<insert titles here>
Governor of Amokolia

Rai Avon-El

Post by Rai Avon-El »

What does Lord Yardistan say about the points on Ashkenatza, then, given the unfortunate response to the Elwynn question?

Jess

Post by Jess »

Lets light Ashkenatza on fire.
Jess,
<insert titles here>
Governor of Amokolia

Rai Avon-El

Post by Rai Avon-El »

Now, now, Jess. Let's calm down.

Malliki

Post by Malliki »

Brookshire supports this proposal in its entirety. Furthermore, as the Duchy in control of most of the entrance to the River Elwynn, we will not allow any Yardistani or foreign ships into Brookshirian territory.
His Grace the Lord Brookshire, LK GMNS
Arbiter, Imperial Judex
Duke of Brookshire, Baron of Lakhesis
Knight of the Dragon
Fan of SOAD

Allot

Post by Allot »

Therefore is it the view of the Landsraad that we should encourage Ashkenatza to join the Commonwealth and allow them to deal with it?

If so, what is Shireroth's view? Elwynn's view is that Shireroth maintain absolute control over the River Elwynn, the east bank, and all water works, dams, bridges and such. The West Bank can go to whoever is over there.
Isabelle Allot Kalirion
Retired

Return to “Landsraad Archives”