Voting Distributions Bill

Moderators: Jonas, CJ Miller

RicLyon

Voting Distributions Bill

Post by RicLyon »

Upon passage of this Act, the article below will be inserted as ”Article the fourth” of the Procedures of the Landsraad.Article the FourthSection A: – V[/u]Clause 1: An independent barony shall have one vote for every county within it, and one vote for being a barony.Clause 2a: A duchy shall have one vote for every county within it, one vote for every barony within it, and two votes for being a duchy.Clause 2b: A duchy without baronies shall have one vote for every county within it and three votes for being a duchy.Section B: – Delegating votesClause 1: Independent barons may delegate votes to their respective spouses.Clause 2: -->:"> Dukes may delegate votes to their respective spouses.Clause 3: Dukes may delegate votes to subservient barons and subservient barons’ spouses.

RicLyon

Re: Voting Distributions Bill

Post by RicLyon »

CHANGED:Article the FourthSection A: – VotesClause 1: An independent barony shall have one vote for every count under a baron, and one vote for being a barony.Clause 2: A duchy shall have one vote for every count inside a barony (not counting the Duke himself), one vote for every barony, one vote for every county under the Duke (not counting the Duke himself) not under baronial control, and two votes for being a baron.Section B: – Delegating votesClause 1: Independent barons may delegate votes to their respective spouses.Clause 2: Dukes may delegate votes to their respective spouses.Clause 3: Dukes may delegate votes to subservient barons and subservient barons’ spouses.(hope I got it right this time)

Hypatia Agnesi

Post by Hypatia Agnesi »

Can you explain how this differs from the voting distribution bill that we passed a couple of weeks ago, aside from the delegation of votes part? *throws grenade for the hell of it*BO0O0O0O0/\/\!!!!!!

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

I think this one is simpler, and its actually a valid form of legislation (the other one was not a valid form of legislation as it didn't add into any book)And this one also restricts the dukes' rights aswell. They do not, for example, both count baronies and baronies' pre-alliance votes.

Hypatia Agnesi

Post by Hypatia Agnesi »

I don't like it. It seems that there is very little motivation to form Duchies at all, and any Barons under a Duchy lose their power completely.And there was legislation before that allows the Praetor to change the wording of a passed bill so that it can be added to the Lawbook or Procedures. I just haven't had the time to go through and edit the other vote legislation in yet. *throws grenade for the hell of it*BO0O0O0O0/\/\!!!!!!

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

But you also said somewhere else that you didn't like the voting distributions passed before...

Hypatia Agnesi

Post by Hypatia Agnesi »

Well, it's somewhat confusing, but in principle I like it better. A Barony maintains some power when it joins a Duchy, that power just being transferred to its new leader. That distribution allows the Duke to give back the votes the Baron had before.It was frustrating making up the fill-in chart for calculating the votes, that's all. *throws grenade for the hell of it*BO0O0O0O0/\/\!!!!!!

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

But I don't understand the concept of pre-alliance votes. I mean... how do we determine that? Does a barony has to have had a seat in the Landsraad, independently, to be able to transfer pre-alliance votes to Duchy which it joins? Richard LyonYansha Elaer Kyon gef ShanPernem kahn gef kuymal per varga stiPernem kahn gef varga per kuymal sti

Hypatia Agnesi

Post by Hypatia Agnesi »

Theoretically, yes. Antya and Kildare were independent before joining to make a Duch, and the Holy Lands and Northern Brookshire, I believe, were also independent.Alternately, as in the case of Elwynn, I interpret a Barony's "pre-alliance" votes as what they would have been had the Barony been independent before joining the Duchy.I just don't see it as that hard a concept. *throws grenade for the hell of it*BO0O0O0O0/\/\!!!!!!

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

something on the lines of "a duchy gets blah and blah for every county and every county under a baron, plus all the votes the barony would have had were it independent" Richard LyonYansha Elaer Kyon gef ShanPernem kahn gef kuymal per varga stiPernem kahn gef varga per kuymal sti

Return to “Landsraad Archives”