Treaty with the Empire of the Alexandrians

Moderators: Jonas, CJ Miller

Liam conToketi

Treaty with the Empire of the Alexandrians

Post by Liam conToketi »

Treaty of Poitou

The Empire of the Alexandrians and the Imperial Republic of Shireroth united in both their desire for a more formal relationship and their commitment towards peace, agree:

1. That each state recognises the other's sovereignty, legitimacy, and territory, both physical and imagined;

2. That all diplomatic parties from both Alexandria and Shireroth shall enjoy diplomatic immunity within the borders of each state.

3. That both states agree to resolve any mutual disputes in a peaceful manner, with or without the arbitration of a neutral third party;

4. That neither state shall commit or condone an attack on the other, and will seek to share information in the case of imminent attack;

5. That neither state that is party to this agreement shall harbor, aid or otherwise support those that are willing to overthrow the legitimate government of either micronation. Cultural exception shall be given to the Duchy of Yardistan in the Imperial Republic of Shireroth;

6. That both parties shall remain open and accessible visitors from one another, barring national emergencies or other such security issues;

7. That the governments of both Alexandria and Shireroth shall be given the right to extradition of those deemed criminal in either contracting micronation. The detained individual shall be handed over to the authorities of the petitioning micronation and the other must comply with the petition within a period of no greater than one week.

8. Cultural exchanges, diplomatic initiatives and other means at fostering an environment of well being between Alexandria and Shireroth shall be supported by both governments, who will notify each other of major events and happenings within the borders of each.

9. That either party seeking to amend this treaty shall inform the other of this request, and that all amendments must be made with mutual consent;

10. That immediately after the ratification of this treaty (through the governments' head of state's signature or foreign official's signature) will its relevance take affect as both signatory parties are bound to the commitment of this treaty and dialogue between our micronations shall begin;

11. That the cancellation of this treaty must be undertaken via a written notice posted in both nations' forums for a minimum period of five days before the annulment date;

12. That any deliberate violation of the aforementioned articles constitutes the cancellation of this treaty.
Last edited by Liam conToketi on Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ari Rahikkala

Re: Treaty with the Empire of the Alexandrians

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Straylight NAY. When I said I had a problem with section five, I meant I had a problem with section five. :smashy
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Is liam a duke?

Anyhoo. Yeah. I don't quite get part 5.

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Liam isn't even a Count because Ari forgets to promote him.

Part 5 is probably intended to mean "we don't harbour those planning to overthrow Alexandria, they don't harbour those planning to overthrow Shireroth." Except it can also mean "we don't harbour those planning to overthrow us," which, as Ari points out, constricts Yardistan too much ...
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Kaiser Hasan I

Post by Kaiser Hasan I »

Alright so modify part five with "Except Yardistan"

b3n|<3r|\|

Post by b3n|<3r|\| »

Excellent point! I demand a correction! :whip
Vilhelm von Benkern - The Dolphin-...Count
:: Formerly just "benkern"
:: Rook Sentry of the Order of the Vorpal Blade
:: Count of Mar Sara IIRC
:: Former Baron of Absentia AFAIK, before that Baron of Vorpmadal TBH; also Former Duke of Yardistan IMHO
:: Dux Emeritus of the Order of Mischievous Intent

It takes moo to mango!

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Voting needs to start again. But maybe someone has another proposal?
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Liam conToketi

Post by Liam conToketi »

That is the correct treaty above, and yes, voting needs to begin again. (sorry, I kept forgetting to repost the new treaty :knife )

Straylight votes AYE

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Brookshire Votes Nay for the reasons Straylight did.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Kildare abstains in this matter.
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

b3n|<3r|\|

Post by b3n|<3r|\| »

Hmm...

Yardistan votes Nay.
Vilhelm von Benkern - The Dolphin-...Count
:: Formerly just "benkern"
:: Rook Sentry of the Order of the Vorpal Blade
:: Count of Mar Sara IIRC
:: Former Baron of Absentia AFAIK, before that Baron of Vorpmadal TBH; also Former Duke of Yardistan IMHO
:: Dux Emeritus of the Order of Mischievous Intent

It takes moo to mango!

Liam conToketi

Post by Liam conToketi »

Probably should have let this thread lie, Jonas. No one seems to have noticed the change I made (accidentally, I should have made a new thread)... :knife

NOTE: Article 5 was fixed! I just did it wrong!

Hesam Jayatar

Post by Hesam Jayatar »

Elwynn votes Nay.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Disapproved.

Return to “Landsraad Archives”