Request for legal opinions

The judiciary, for settling disputes and feudal contracts

Moderator: CJ Miller

Kaiser B'caw I

Request for legal opinions

Post by Kaiser B'caw I »

Good Arbiter,

Some discussion in this thread has brought up some issues that will have an impact upon the future of House Annexis. Therefore, I would like to raise some questions with you, if I could:

1. Greg Russell, head of House Annexis, is on declared LOA as per this thread. It is my hope and wish, as he states there, that he is able to return at the end of July, as seems to be his intent there, but the possibility remains that he may not. Is there law or precedent relating to how long an individual may be on LOA before zir titles and positions expire, or zir effective residency in zir subdivision is ended? Or would zir removal from either be solely at the discretion of the Imperial Government? Since in this particular case there is a specified timeframe, would that determine the answers to these questions?

2. Nobles may appoint their own emissaries (as per Landsraad Procedures H) and stewards (by what appears to be tradition and analogy to the position of the Steward of Shireroth), but is there precedent for nobles on declared LOA to have such individuals appointed on their behalf by the Imperial Government, if no such appointment had been made by the noble zirself?

Daniel Farewell

Re: Request for legal opinions

Post by Daniel Farewell »

Your Majesty,

I shall review this and get back with an opinion as soon as I can.

Kaiser B'caw I

Post by Kaiser B'caw I »

Many thanks.

Daniel Farewell

In trying to answer your questions, Majesty, I would much prefer them being short and precise. I would therefore humbly request that you rephrase them, so that the answer from the Imperial Judex would be as precise and steady as possible.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Kaiser B'caw I wrote:but is there precedent for nobles on declared LOA to have such individuals appointed on their behalf by the Imperial Government, if no such appointment had been made by the noble zirself?
Yes, there is. I think Anandja I appointed a Steward and Emissary from Kildare once when the Dutch was on LOA. In practice, the power of the Kaiser is only limited by the Charter, so appointing officers in the Houses may be viewed as interference, but it is in no way illegal.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

Daniel Farewell

Malliki Tosha wrote:
Kaiser B'caw I wrote:but is there precedent for nobles on declared LOA to have such individuals appointed on their behalf by the Imperial Government, if no such appointment had been made by the noble zirself?
Yes, there is. I think Anandja I appointed a Steward and Emissary from Kildare once when the Dutch was on LOA. In practice, the power of the Kaiser is only limited by the Charter, so appointing officers in the Houses may be viewed as interference, but it is in no way illegal.
Agreed. The Kaiser can do whatever zie likes.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Neither the Houses or the Duchies are regulated or even mentioned in the Charter (afaik), so the Kaiser is free to do whatever he likes. As for precedent, the House system hasn't been in place long enough to establish a precedent. The issues addressed in 1. are also not regulated in law.

(AC)
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

Return to “Imperial Judex”