Jake and Hallucination

The judiciary, for settling disputes and feudal contracts

Moderator: CJ Miller

Jonas

Jake and Hallucination

Post by Jonas »

Mister Arbiter,
The House of Kildare would like to ask that Jake receives the county of Hallucination. This way he can more actively work at Kildare.

We're waiting for your answer. :worship
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Daniel Farewell

Re: Jake and Hallucination

Post by Daniel Farewell »

Lord Sermolot, greetings:

As there are yet no procedures in the Imperial Judex for these applications (I do apologize for this), I will let this be fairly informal. With your permission I would like to use this case as a test-case, meaning it would take some time to go through. If your permission is not granted, I will have an order ready by tomorrow.

Never the less, I ask that you resubmit your application so that it is in line with Chapter VI:C of the Decreebook:
C. Granting of Counties
1: Historical Grant
a. An individual belonging to a house may apply for a developed county to be awarded to zir House, provided that
b. zie has participated in developing the county on Shirewiki, in posts on the board or in storylines involving that county, and
c. the Head of the applicant's House assents to the application.

2: Link to Individual
a. If the person to whom a county is linked in this way leaves the House, zir linked counties will leave with zie and be automatically granted to zir new House.

3: Development Grant
a. An individual belonging to a House, aspiring to develop a county, may apply for an undeveloped county to be awarded to zir House, provided that:
b. zie has passed zir minority period,
c. zie resides in the county in question, and
d. the Head of zir House assents.

4: Developed County Grant
a. Individuals may also apply for a developed county, but it will be granted at the Kaiser's pleasure.

5: Applications
a. Applications shall be sent to the Imperial Judex, which shall determine each case based solely on its merits.
b. Appeal from a decision by the Imperial Judex may be heard by the Kaiser.
Thank you for your understanding

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

With your permission I would like to use this case as a test-case, meaning it would take some time to go through. If your permission is not granted, I will have an order ready by tomorrow.
Which one gives the biggest chance of approval? :p
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Kaiseress Anandja II

Post by Kaiseress Anandja II »

(3. since 1. doesn't really apply in this case.)

:p
Anandja II Shika
Kaiseress of Shireroth
Lady of the Golden Mango Throne
Countess of Shirekeep
'Ananita, Shika Shilota'i

Austi_Scot

Post by Austi_Scot »

So how many times has my Hallucination been "redeveloped"?

I founded the place and it is my view that Jake is the best choice and should be granted all rights, ownership, leadership, and titles associated with Hallucination.

It is also my view that others still here have contributed greatly to both keeping Hallucination alive and to developing its every changing culture over the years and therefore should be offered the opportunity to provide their view on the matter.
Austi Scot
Former Citizen

May Kaiser Mises I rule soon.
-----------------------------
Former Citizen
One Time Order of The Phoenix
Impartial Envisionor

Baron Von_Scot of Hallucination
The future Kaiser Mises I
Former Cessor of Shireroth.
What does the Cessor do?

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Hey Austi, great to see you around again!

If Austi plans to stay, it would be nifty to have him with Hallucination; or indeed with Halluci Nua, which was created especially for him. Otherwise, I'm happy for Jake to manage Hallucination, though I still intend to do a detailed wiki article for it at some indefinite point in the future.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Daniel Farewell

Hello, Austi. So good it is to see you :)

As the law states that individuals apply for a county to be placed their house, I will have to confirm that Jacobus indeed wants the county before I make a ruling.

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

(Appearing outside of Kildare at the express request of the Arbiter.)

Yes, I want it.

If Austi comes back, I would yield it. But until then, yes.

Daniel Farewell

Thank you.

I will have a ruling by midnight CEST.

Daniel Farewell

Findings of the Imperial Judex

in

Loki re Old Hallucination

Petitioner
  • Jacobus Loki, Thane in Kildare

In the matter of
    • The County of Old Hallucination

In 3950 did Jonas Windsor, Baron of the House of Kildare, on behalf of Jacobus Loki, Thane in Kildare, petition the Imperial Judex for Jacobus Loki to be granted the county of "Hallucination" in the name of the House of Kildare. The Imperial Judex interprets this request to refer to the county of Old Hallucination.

In 3951 did Jacobus Loki, Thane in Kildare, confirm the application made by his patriarch.

The application and its subsequent confirmation by Loki in Kildare contained no references, despite the Judex's pleas, to Chapter VI:C of the Imperial Decreebook. In this case, the Imperial Judex will be lenient and will not deny the application as there were no procedures at the time of the application for these kind of applications. So the Judex must go through the law itself with the evidence produced.
      1: Historical Grant
      a. An individual belonging to a house may apply for a developed county to be awarded to zir House, provided that
      b. zie has participated in developing the county on Shirewiki, in posts on the board or in storylines involving that county, and
      c. the Head of the applicant's House assents to the application.
      Is Hallucination developed?

It can easily be confirmed through Shirewiki and board searches (searchword "Hallucination") that Hallucination was indeed developed. The "EZ-hack" incident destroyed much of the early historical records. The evidence produced by Austi Scot, founder of Hallucination, also confirms that Hallucination was developed. Other persons

Now, if Hallucination can constitute to have been developed, has Loki in Kildare "participated in developing the county on Shirewiki, in posts on the board or in storylines involving that county"?

On this question, the Judex finds no evidence of this having occured. The county has no links in law to Loki. Undeniably, Old Hallucination is developed. As such the only applicable provision of the law reads: "Individuals may also apply for a developed county, but it will be granted at the Kaiser's pleasure." (DB-VI-C4a). This means that the issue is outside the Imperial Judex's jurisdiction.

ORDER:

The petition is dismissed.

Kaiseress Anandja II

Post by Kaiseress Anandja II »

Having heard Austi Scot on the matter in his post somewhere, I will issue an order regarding this within the hour.
Anandja II Shika
Kaiseress of Shireroth
Lady of the Golden Mango Throne
Countess of Shirekeep
'Ananita, Shika Shilota'i

Austi_Scot

Post by Austi_Scot »

Please accept my apologies for not testifying further on this matter.

If it pleases the court, I wish to inform you and all Shireroth that Jacobus did indeed participate in the development of Hallucination.

When the land was first no more than three trees in a hill top park that was granted to me I took up residence in one of those trees; myself being the first person to live there. The second resident of Hallucination was Jacobus himself, he took up residence in one of the other trees.

Shortly after coming to Hallucination, Jacobus lead and expedition that resulted in some presumed extinct ape flourishing in Hallucination, some ape named Bongo. Weather or not this ape still lives I do not know.

At some point I built a castle in Hallucination and granted Jacobus the title of Count. Just over a year ago while I was still Baron of Hallucination I again granted Jacobus the title of Count of then Old Hallucination when it was within my authority to do so.

Jacobus was the consultant on the flag - now it appears long lost - of Hallucination. It was those three starting pine trees, a park bench placed in front of them where Jacobus I use to sit and consult, my dog Sty at my side. In the distant was seen the Great Castle of Hallucination with the moat and the sea in the background. The sun shone over the Great Castle of Hallucination in such a fashion that it was impossible to tell if it was rising or setting.

My how I miss Sty and that Castle.

As the ages passed a Temple of some goddess arose in the land of Hallucination - Roweena of some such goddess of the pagans who came to live the land. You see, under the development of myself and Jocobus Hallucination, which started out as three pines trees in a park, grew to large territory. The long lost ancient religions are a hoot!

There came a sad time in the land of Hallucination and we went to war. As Baron I lead the forces - unfortunately we lost the war and I spent many years in the desert living on cactus and wild bee honey. After an age in which my castle was taken over, others ruled my land, my castle and it's ancient history was destroy - it was Jacobus who mounted repeated expeditions and years and years later found me. It was Jacobus who restored me to my rightful place as Baron of Hallucination.

Having lived on cactus and wild bee honey my mind was deranged, I even thought I was ghost for awhile, a virtual dead man if you will. The pagan revolted and managed to loot all the wealth of my Great Castle, leaving the front gate burned and in ashes, the castle stones scattered about, the wind blowing through the halls and open walls. I lived in such a castle for years, refusing to have it restored - it reminded so much of my time in the desert of the lost war.

It was Jacobus who finally brought me to my senses and restored me to what a Baron was at that time. In fact it was Jacobus who took care of the land as Count, even when others came and left my precious creation, Hallucination. He often let others make their feeble attempts, yet when their time in history had passed, when Hallucinatin spewed them out like it had spewed me out, instead Hallucination, swollen with the culture developed by Jacobus, swallowed him whole and made him the living knot in its stomach.

I have omitted so much rich history of Hallucination during what I call the middle ages, the time between when Hallucination first arose and the recent time when there was a naval base and roads, and Hallucinations own pagans were sailors and soldiers. Jacobus was still there, the knot in its stomach, making Hallucination swallow up people, their ideas - their culture, only later to spew them out its land. ... but the land continued to hold Jacobus.

Many of you were actually around during the more recent times of Baron Scot (myself). You may not know the inspiration of Jacobus. There was discovered a medieval tribe if you will, in old part of Hallucination. They were fierce warriors who mistook anyone with courage and determination to be the brave Jacobus.

There has been so much more ... Hallucination often takes in the contributions of Jacobus and attributes them to the next culture attempting to settle its' lands. Age after age the land of Hallucination has spewed out the inhabitants - all except Jacobus!

Austi Scot
Austi Scot
Former Citizen

May Kaiser Mises I rule soon.
-----------------------------
Former Citizen
One Time Order of The Phoenix
Impartial Envisionor

Baron Von_Scot of Hallucination
The future Kaiser Mises I
Former Cessor of Shireroth.
What does the Cessor do?

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Old Hallucination has been granted to Jake and Kildare.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

Return to “Imperial Judex”