Monty Crisco Vs. The Landsraad.

The judiciary, for settling disputes and feudal contracts

Moderator: CJ Miller

Erik Mortis

Monty Crisco Vs. The Landsraad.

Post by Erik Mortis »

I would like to bring to the court attention the recent violation of the Charter in which the Landsraad did take action to legislate a body created by Imperial Decree, and that it had no jurisdiction over.

http://shireroth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11824

The Imperial Advisory Council was created by the Kaiser, and is only subject to the will of the Kaiser. Even if the Kaiser were to give consent to this bill, the Landsraad could still not pass it as it was still beyond the power of the Landsraad to pass, as outlined by the Charter. The charter states that the Landsraad cannot violate Imperial Decree or the Charter. There was no Imperial Decree giving the Landsraad authority over the IAC.

Arviður

Re: Monty Crisco Vs. The Landsraad.

Post by Arviður »

We don't really have an arbiter at the moment...
Arviður úr Ansinum
President of the Court of Azarea
Baron of K'Tzuni

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

We don't? Assistant Arbiter?

Allot

Post by Allot »

Conflict of interests...the prosecution can't be the judge!
Isabelle Allot Kalirion
Retired

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Never said I was. And if I was Arbiter, I wouldn't need to make a case. I would just nullify the vote as violating the Charter. I tried to bring it up during the vote, but no one listened.

Allot

Post by Allot »

DB II, D. wrote:D: Imperial Advisory Council
1: Purpose

a. To advise the Kaiser on zir actions.
b. To suggest possible actions the Kaiser might wish to take.
c. To inform the Kaiser of matters within the realms of Shireroth, which the Kaiser may have otherwise not have known about.

2. Powers

a. The Imperial Advisory Council has no power outside its own halls and is solely for the purpose of advising the Kaiser.
Where exactly does it say the Council must be secret? If that's not anywhere, then we (the Landsraad) can't have violated the Charter. By deleting the Council, clearly mandated by decree here, you are violating the Charter.

Forgive me if I'm being overly defensive, I just find this silly.

EDIT: the original decree, for everyone's information
Issued by Kaiser Raynor XI

Whereas: The Kaiser cannot be everywhere at once all the time. Whereas: Even the Kaiser does stupid things. Whereas: Sometimes the Kaiser needs advice on matters. Therefore: The Following shall be added to the Decree Book. Chapter V: The Kaiser.

Quote:
D: Imperial Advisory Council 1: Purpose a. To advise the Kaiser on his actions. b. To suggest possible actions the Kaiser might wish to take. c. To inform the Kaiser of matters within the realms of Shireroth, which the Kaiser may have otherwise not have known about. 2. Powers a. The Imperial Advisory Council has no power outside its own halls and is solely for the purpose of advising the Kaiser.

I have had this plan in waiting for several weeks now, and now is better than any other time to implement this plan.

The Imperial Advisory Council shall consist of 3 individuals who I believe together will be able to advise me wisely. Only these three people and myself will be allowed to post in the Council hall.
Says nothing about posts being taken out.
These three people will be able to advise me on what they think of any decree of action I take. If they think I'm being an idiot...they can say so.. As long as they can back up their words. Even if I don't agree with them, nothing said within the Council will be taken outside the Council in a spiteful manner. I will however not brook petter arguements or propoganda or grandious rhetoric filled speaches. I want to see logical thoughtful discussion.
Isabelle Allot Kalirion
Retired

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

The very fact it was created by decree means it is outside Landsraad jurisdiction. It's not what the Landsraad did, it's that it did it. The IAC is not under Landsraad jurisdiction. Secret or not.

Arviður

Post by Arviður »

I actually agree with Erik. It's beyond Landsraad jurisdiction. However, as a former member of the IAC, I have no objections to it being made public.

But it's up to the Kaiser to decide. Nevertheless, the Landsraad can advise the Kaiser to do something.
Arviður úr Ansinum
President of the Court of Azarea
Baron of K'Tzuni

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Arviður wrote:I actually agree with Erik. It's beyond Landsraad jurisdiction. However, as a former member of the IAC, I have no objections to it being made public.

But it's up to the Kaiser to decide. Nevertheless, the Landsraad can advise the Kaiser to do something.
*Cough*

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

As the legal issues were dealt with. I retract this.

Return to “Imperial Judex”