Welcome!

osmose1000

Welcome!

Post by osmose1000 »

I wish Netopalis the best and hope for their great success. They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

AngelGuardian93

Re: Welcome!

Post by AngelGuardian93 »

Despite the circumstances, I wish you the best of luck as well Nick! There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Nick Foghorn Leghorn

Post by Nick Foghorn Leghorn »

I wish this could be under different circumstances. I didn't mean to displace you and your history-rich barony, but this is the only way to actually get a say in the Landsraad ________________It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word.-Andrew Jackson

AngelGuardian93

What lands are under you anyway? There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Nick Foghorn Leghorn

I really have no idea. I don't even know if I get a vote! ________________It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word.-Andrew Jackson

AngelGuardian93

You will. and find out! :P There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

Last time I checked, the point of a Barony is for cultural divercification, not political power. You really should have waited until you could decide on an area in Shireroth and a reason as to why it happened. Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismCitizen of ShirerothBaron of AntyaProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'We.....are.....not....FANTASY!>?!POE' - Scott Siskind, on hearing Bill Dusch say that Shireroth's theme is percieved to be Fiction-Fantasy based";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="'I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock.' - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

I seriously doubt that you would be able to pass any massive changes through the Landsraad, unfortunatly; it is too lumbersome and obsolete of a system to work. (Inefficient government systems are not a good thing in micronations) Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismCitizen of ShirerothBaron of AntyaProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'We.....are.....not....FANTASY!>?!POE' - Scott Siskind, on hearing Bill Dusch say that Shireroth's theme is percieved to be Fiction-Fantasy based";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="'I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock.' - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

I dearly hope you do something with this Barony besides just vote, Nick. If this is just a scheme to get your rebellious democracy into Shireroth, there will be hell to pay. They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

Nick Foghorn Leghorn

Democoracy? HERE!? No, just a system I've been thinking about that has the potential to (a) jumpstart the economy again (if we adapt the points system in Baronial Decree 1 to use the Erb) and (b) increase activity all around the nation. No harmful hidden agendas this time. ________________It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word.-Andrew Jackson

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

Quote:No harmful hidden agendas this time.I think it's the "this time" that bothers me. Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink Regigoraauk

Nick Foghorn Leghorn

but if one can increase the activity levels of the nation as a whole through a new approach to the Landsraad, should they not at least give it a try? ________________It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word.-Andrew Jackson Edited by: Nick Foghorn Leghorn  at: 10/17/05 14:26

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

...either way, is this Barony FHA compliant? Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismCitizen of ShirerothBaron of AntyaProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'We.....are.....not....FANTASY!>?!POE' - Scott Siskind, on hearing Bill Dusch say that Shireroth's theme is percieved to be Fiction-Fantasy based";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="'I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock.' - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

Him and his girlfriend. I think Mist is here too. They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

What's a Netopalis anyway? It's not a misspelling of Netopolis, is it? If it is, you'd better change it now or else it will become a tradition and then we'll NEVER get rid of it.

AngelGuardian93

I don't get the reference, I guess? There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

I believe it's Lenni Lennape. Everything else Foghorn does is named from it, so why not his Barony? Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink Regigoraauk

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

The decree establishing the barony says "Netopolis"...

Nick Foghorn Leghorn

"Netopalis". Translated from Lenni Lenape (good catch, by the way) it means "warriors". Hence, "Barony of Warriors". Warriors of what? well, whatever you want, really. ________________It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word.-Andrew Jackson

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

Good to know. I was afraid it was supposed to be "Net City" spelled wrong, which would have been lame.

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

...like Cyberia? Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink Regigoraauk

Nick Foghorn Leghorn

No, that's not nifty enough for Shireroth. It needed to be some macho word from a language no one speaks anymore. ________________It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word.-Andrew Jackson

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

Then do Garla Solarian. Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismCitizen of ShirerothBaron of AntyaProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'We.....are.....not....FANTASY!>?!POE' - Scott Siskind, on hearing Bill Dusch say that Shireroth's theme is percieved to be Fiction-Fantasy based";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="'I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock.' - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

Or Horjinic. Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink Regigoraauk

Nick Foghorn Leghorn

No, Indian is perfect. Plus, I've used it for everything else. ________________It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word.-Andrew Jackson

Return to “Fiefdom Archive - Netopalis”