Why not charge to run the sports?

Austi Scot

Why not charge to run the sports?

Post by Austi Scot »

Mattlore Devious,I have an idea for you, a way for you to earn Erb.Since you run the sports leagues I suggest you charge team owners a regular fee to have a team.Perhaps 200 or 250 Erb a month per team. If you have more teams or even if you run several different kinds of sports leagues you could easily charge less per team and still make a tidy sum.Team owners might want a regular season – but you could run several season with different sports. I suggest you limit the number of teams allowed in any given sport. Aren’t most of the team owners the Nobles of Duchies or Baronies? Right now there are ten Duchies and Baronies and one Territory. Perhaps start out by limiting the league to eight – thus maybe causing competition to get into the league for any given season. This might be done for rugby and for racing - and perhaps other sports as well.Later we might be able to work a way for the team owners to charge for tickets to the games you run. I have an idea for that but it first takes you charging to run the games - and to charge the owners, not the fans.Austi ScotMiniTrade Edited by: Austi Scot at: 3/15/04 2:48 am

Mattlore Devious

Re: Why not charge to run the sports?

Post by Mattlore Devious »

But the thing is, do many lords or nobels care enough to pay to have teams?maybe they would...maybe

Austi Scot

Post by Austi Scot »

I think they would - because as soon as you charge them I can do my best to get them to sell tickets to the games. (This would require some other things. But I'll work on those.)They stand to make more than you charge them... but I miss spoke. At the current prices you should only charge each team about 10 Erb per game. ... They can then sell tickets for about 5 Erb per game.Later as the economy grows you might be able to charge more. Austi

david northworthy beckfor

Post by david northworthy beckfor »

what woiuld help is that I can make a script that can set who can read threads "Disclaimer: Whatever is in the above post is probably a result of my blind following of Kieran Bennett, because I have even less of a brain than Kieran. Don't even get me started on my lack of independent thought."

Scott Alexander

Post by Scott Alexander »

Matt, can you go to the Kalesie thread in MiniEx? The Kalesians have a lot of questions about sports here that I think you would be the best person to answer.

Austi Scot

Post by Austi Scot »

David, That would help.So Matt – what do you say? – You need to earn some Erb anyways – and if David makes a script for who can read the thread the team owners can pay David for the work and sell tickets.

Mattlore Devious

Post by Mattlore Devious »

Uh, Yupp, I'll set up an organisation to run the next season

Return to “Fiefdom Archive - Lothlaria”