Jaris Blurb

Scott Alexander

Jaris Blurb

Post by Scott Alexander »

Centrally located between the Imperium of Cognito and Lac Glacei and Lyrica, Jaris is of extreme strategic importance. After a Cognitan emperor of the Jacobin dynasty launched a failed attack on Lyrica in the first century ASC, the two nations were extremely hostile, although there was a weak pro-Cognitan faction in Lyrica which gained power from time to time, decreasing the intensity of the conflict. But by the fifth century, animosity had extended to the point where the Cognitans were building an armada to take Lyrica by the sea. As part of this plan, the outlying island of Jaris, which was formerly unpopulated, was colonized by a number of Cognitan sailors and military men as an important supply base. As the invasion fleet grew, two more outposts were set up. Yet the invasion failed, miserably, and led to a Lyrican counterattack in which Jaris was taken completely and Lyrican troops pushed all the way to the gates of Ergosum, the Imperial capital. Fearful of a revolt and mindful of the strategic importance of the isle, the Lyricans launched a successful colonization effort, and soon they outnumbered the original Cognitan population by a significant margin. When the Empire took Jaris back in 735, they too tried colonization, but less successfully - by this time a distinct Jarisean culture had formed that the Cognitans could not supplant. In 801, a treaty between the victorious Lyrica and the now-defeated Empire gave Jaris back to the Lyricans, but this time Jaris was not willing to be traded like a pawn. Under the leadership of Governor Philban, they revolted, and fought off both sides for nearly a century. Finally, though, they wearied of war, and Philban's son approached the Kaiser of Shireroth about making it a Duchy in exchange for protection. The Kaiser agreed, and Joe Whittaberg, a leading pro-Shireroth citizen, was made the first Duke. Meanwhile, the war's effect on the Empire and Lyrica was no less drastic. Lyrica collapsed completely into anarchy because of protests, and Cognito joined Tymaria as a state. Jariseans, although now a Duchy, still feel a close bond to the Empire of Cognito and Lac Glacei. Due to their distance from Shirekeep, very few of them are interested in Shirerothian politics, and most are content to let the Kaiser run things with minimal input, making Jaris Shireroth's least active Duchy.

ErosDarkstar

Re: Jaris Blurb

Post by ErosDarkstar »

But even these content citzens couldn't deal with a dead or dying Duke... and so, at the end of the most recent Shirithian Civil War, they revolted. Throwing off the yoke of the imposter Kaiser, Mog I, they rallied with the Kitanus Fields and retook thier homeland. Now, they are happy as citzens under the Thane, Eros Darkstar. Eros DarkstarThane of Jaris and the Kitanus Fields (Imperial Republic of Shireroth)Duamithras of the Republic of Delvenus"There was never a saint with red hair." - Russian Proverb

Sirithil

Post by Sirithil »

Um, yay! By my hand,~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~HIH Sirithil nos FëanorElentari of MenelmacarHigh Queen of the ElvesElder Arcanus, Hundland Mage GuildHiril of Hundland, TreesiaMenelmacari Prefect of the Economy and WarfareThane of Elwynn and Novi Dalmacija, ShirerothWoyzero Dejazmatch of Desta, AtteraAtteran Foreign Affairs-type Elf~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~"In place of a dark lord you would have a queen! Beautiful as the dawn, treacherous as the sea! Stronger than the foundations of the earth! All shall love me and despair!" - Galadriel, LOTR, Fellowship of the Ring, J.R.R. Tolkien

Kaiser Letifer I

Post by Kaiser Letifer I »

Nice... I should really compile the History of Shireroth.... We have so much.. but so much is lost to time... Kaiser Letifer Alcadian H'Graa I of ShirerothI feel the blood flow through my veinsThe life force shines on me again Let the ritual begin- you will pay for your sins

ErosDarkstar

Post by ErosDarkstar »

And so much is unknown by so many recent new people... (yes, I'm including myself in that :) Eros DarkstarThane of Jaris and the Kitanus Fields (Imperial Republic of Shireroth)Duamithras of the Republic of Delvenus"There was never a saint with red hair." - Russian Proverb

Kaiser Letifer I

To bad even I don't recall most of the lost history... Kaiser Letifer Alcadian H'Graa I of ShirerothI feel the blood flow through my veinsThe life force shines on me again Let the ritual begin- you will pay for your sins

ErosDarkstar

Post by ErosDarkstar »

Ouch. Eros DarkstarThane of Jaris and the Kitanus Fields (Imperial Republic of Shireroth)Duamithras of the Republic of Delvenus"There was never a saint with red hair." - Russian Proverb

Kaiser Letifer I

indeed.. that is why it is lost... But It shall be reclaimed.. somehow... Kaiser Letifer Alcadian H'Graa I of ShirerothI feel the blood flow through my veinsThe life force shines on me again Let the ritual begin- you will pay for your sins

ErosDarkstar

Post by ErosDarkstar »

The best of luck to you, then. Eros DarkstarThane of Jaris and the Kitanus Fields (Imperial Republic of Shireroth)Duamithras of the Republic of Delvenus"There was never a saint with red hair." - Russian Proverb

Kaiser Letifer I

But where to start....? Kaiser Letifer Alcadian H'Graa I of ShirerothI feel the blood flow through my veinsThe life force shines on me again Let the ritual begin- you will pay for your sins

ErosDarkstar

Post by ErosDarkstar »

*Watches a moogle straggler from the 'revolutionary armies' walk by and sing "Let's start at the very beginning... It's a very good place to start..." *Hmm...*Raises his hand toward it. It bursts into flame and is charred into a little pile of ashes.*What HE said. Eros DarkstarThane of Jaris and the Kitanus Fields (Imperial Republic of Shireroth)Duamithras of the Republic of Delvenus"There was never a saint with red hair." - Russian Proverb

Sirithil

Post by Sirithil »

Aww, don't hurt the moogles. They're cute. And harmless. As long as they don't try to take the crown again. By my hand,~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~HIH Sirithil nos FëanorElentari of MenelmacarHigh Queen of the ElvesElder Arcanus, Hundland Mage GuildHiril of Hundland, TreesiaMenelmacari Prefect of the Economy and WarfareThane of Elwynn and Novi Dalmacija, ShirerothWoyzero Dejazmatch of Desta, AtteraAtteran Foreign Affairs-type Elf~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~"In place of a dark lord you would have a queen! Beautiful as the dawn, treacherous as the sea! Stronger than the foundations of the earth! All shall love me and despair!" - Galadriel, LOTR, Fellowship of the Ring, J.R.R. Tolkien

Kaiser Letifer I

I think we need a law about that.... Kaiser Letifer Alcadian H'Graa I of ShirerothI feel the blood flow through my veinsThe life force shines on me again Let the ritual begin- you will pay for your sins

ErosDarkstar

Post by ErosDarkstar »

Lol!SHIRITHIAN ANTI-IMPERSONATION BILL1.) It is against the law to impersonate the Kaiser.2.) Punishment will be upon capture, and includes but is not limited to:2a.) Elf-Snuggling UNTO DEATH,2b.) Decapitation by the rightful Kaiser,2c.) Annexation by Yardistan,2d.) Public ridicule,2e.) All of the above.3.) Justice WILL be served :) Eros DarkstarThane of Jaris and the Kitanus Fields (Imperial Republic of Shireroth)Duamithras of the Republic of Delvenus"There was never a saint with red hair." - Russian Proverb

Sirithil

Post by Sirithil »

Is it even illegal to impersonate the Kaiser if the Kaiser says you can? :) By my hand,~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~HIH Sirithil nos FëanorElentari of MenelmacarHigh Queen of the ElvesElder Arcanus, Hundland Mage GuildHiril of Hundland, TreesiaMenelmacari Prefect of the Economy and WarfareThane of Elwynn and Novi Dalmacija, ShirerothWoyzero Dejazmatch of Desta, AtteraAtteran Foreign Affairs-type Elf~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~"In place of a dark lord you would have a queen! Beautiful as the dawn, treacherous as the sea! Stronger than the foundations of the earth! All shall love me and despair!" - Galadriel, LOTR, Fellowship of the Ring, J.R.R. Tolkien

Kaiser Letifer I

hmm... Propose a Bill before the Landsraad about that. I think that is a good law to think about. I think I had a problem with being impersinated once... Kaiser Letifer Alcadian H'Graa I of ShirerothI feel the blood flow through my veinsThe life force shines on me again Let the ritual begin- you will pay for your sins

Fax Nemesis

Post by Fax Nemesis »

Remember EarL AW and EarI AW ? Pilot of the Prototype Einhänder Mk I

Sirithil

Post by Sirithil »

Fidel Nico was SirithiI for a brief time... tried to use it to cede Menelmacar to Nicasia and declare war on three different countries. By my hand,~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~HIH Sirithil nos FëanorElentari of MenelmacarHigh Queen of the ElvesElder Arcanus, Hundland Mage GuildHiril of Hundland, TreesiaMenelmacari Prefect of the Economy and WarfareThane of Elwynn and Novi Dalmacija, ShirerothWoyzero Dejazmatch of Desta, AtteraAtteran Foreign Affairs-type ElfGovernor of Electrovenus, DelvenusReally just Nick Zeniuk~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~"In place of a dark lord you would have a queen!Beautiful as the dawn, treacherous as the sea!Stronger than the foundations of the earth!All shall love me and despair!"- Galadriel, LOTR, Fellowship of the Ring, J.R.R. Tolkien"Y'know, for an elf, you're surprisingly evil. Galadriel would not be pleased." -Scott Siskind, to Sirithil

Kaiser Letifer I

That's not that nice..... heh Kaiser Letifer Alcadian H'Graa I of ShirerothI feel the blood flow through my veinsThe life force shines on me again Let the ritual begin- you will pay for your sins

Return to “Fiefdom Archive - Lothlaria”