Things That Tick Me Off:

Draco the Tainted

Things That Tick Me Off:

Post by Draco the Tainted »

Update: 18 @ 04/10/0501) People arguing without an argument.02) Gaining Elder status by useless posts.03) Spam.04) People cutting off my wings.05) Loyalists seceding.06) Anti-Yardistanism.07) Horrible grammar.08) Even worse spelling.09) Homophobes.10) Superpatriots.11) "Democracy".12) People without a clue.13) Micronational pacifism.14) Fraggles, kittens, hampsters, and any other edibles running amok.15) Badly written code.16) People putting their Official Pseudonym as their Alias and their Alias as their Official Pseudonym on the Census.17) http://www.portland.co.uk and port5.com18) People trying to negotiate cession of land that is rightfully Kildari in return for land that is rightfully Shireroth's. See: Lesser Attera for LoreleiThese will be updated whenever I find something new.Feel free to post here criticizing my dislikes. Chances are if you do, I will read your post, laugh, and delete. Have a nice day. Heil Loki!!!
Heil H'Graa!!!Edited by: Gryphon the Pure at: 4/10/05 17:45

david northworthy beckfor

Re: Things That Tick Me Off:

Post by david northworthy beckfor »

03) Spam. spam tastes nice with beens07) Horrible grammar.0 Even worse spelling.tis a dull man who can find only one way to spell a word14) Fraggles, kittens, hampsters, and any other edibles running amok. We have to eat something "Disclaimer: Whatever is in the above post is probably a result of my blind following of Kieran Bennett, because I have even less of a brain than Kieran. Don't even get me started on my lack of independent thought."

Snipyr Deadeye

Post by Snipyr Deadeye »

Being new to this society all i have to say is this. Critising someone for something they may or may not be able to help is not fair. I believe that spelling and grammer are not the easiest things to learn and wish that if you hate bad spelling and bad grammer that you keep those opinions to yourself. Now the other things you have every right to be upset about just because there are different opinions. Anyway. Said My fill now if you delete this it will also be posted in another area.

Draco the Tainted

As for the spelling and grammar, I don't mind simple careless mistakes. However, it gets really confusing when someone changed tenses in the middle of the sentences they will be writing without due cause. See how odd that previous sentence sounds?As for spelling, it's okay to make smal mistaeks, however it makes a setnecen extreamly hard to red when someone misspells a work such that it becomes another work that fits in the sentence fine, but means something completely different. I'm fæn with funetik spelink, so long as I kan still undurstend it.And in all cases, I have not only the right, but the divine duty to correct a person, being a prophet of Apostrophe myself. Heil Loki!!!
Heil H'Graa!!!

Quote: As for the spelling and grammar, I don't mind simple careless mistakes. However, it gets really confusing when someone changed tenses in the middle of the sentences they will be writing without due cause. See how odd that previous sentence sounds?actually, i did not notice till you mentioned it.Quote:As for spelling, it's okay to make smal mistaeks, however it makes a setnecen extreamly hard to red when someone misspells a work such that it becomes another work that fits in the sentence fine, but means something completely different. I'm fæn with funetik spelink, so long as I kan still undurstend it.and what abpout people, like me who are slightly retarded, and so cant spell for toffee, and/or havent the coodination to avoid typos?dont like it? tell me, and I will gratefully leave so as not to inconvinience you frther. "Disclaimer: Whatever is in the above post is probably a result of my blind following of Kieran Bennett, because I have even less of a brain than Kieran. Don't even get me started on my lack of independent thought."

Draco the Tainted

meh, typos are find... it's stuff like spelling want as wont, or wont as won't... stuff like that that completely changes the meaning of a sentence...I'm not saying that I'll go and blow up at someone for misspelling "millennium"... just that I'll notice it and twitch in my seat.Not all things on this list are unspeakable evils. Some of them are, some of them aren't. I should probably distinguish between the two, but they're so much on a case-by-case basis...I guess just count this as ally'alls' warning for when I run my crusade to purge the world of aforementioned unspeakable evils... Heil Loki!!!
Heil H'Graa!!!

mDuo13

Post by mDuo13 »

When people can't spell or write correctly, it annoys me but I don't mind. Honest spelling mistakes I can stand.Sentence-paragraphs, on the other hand, make me homicidal. Similarly so with people who constantly (more than twice per sentence, if you could call their broken speech patterns sentences...) use stupid abbreviations such as "ur" for "your" or "ne1" for "anyone."Also, people in positions authority who make honest spelling or grammar mistakes also annoy me because they are setting a bad example. For instance, a video game which says something like this: "The dragon was enormous. It's wings reached out 40 meters each way." (For those of you who didn't catch the error, the possessive of "it" is "its" without an apostrophe, because giving it an apostrophe makes it the contraction "it is."Make an effort to retain a semblance of the English language in your writing, people. For reference, here is a paragraph copied verbatim (except that I took out the e-mail addresses for the guy's own protection) from the help forum of a piece of software for which I occasionally develop:Quote:i cannot seem to download the open rpg thing because i download the two python in correct order and i used windows vercion now how do i download that open rpg download evry time i download it it comes whith a problem could some one e-mail it to me to: [snip] please do it soon i am anxious to try it out so please help me some one send it to me but befor tell me the sixe only send it to me if it is less than 1 mb if it is larger go to msn to [snip] u may use meseger to see if i am online if i am not online i will most likely be connected soon so please help hurry!!!!!Now, I think that for this particular person English is his second language, which makes it a little more acceptable, but still quite frustrating. Note how the sentence is an immensely long run-on, with several sections making no sense whatsoever. Anyway, avoid having your posts look like the one above and I won't complain too much.

Scott Alexander

Post by Scott Alexander »

Quote:meh, typos are find...it's stuff like spelling want as wont, or wont as won't... Find indeed.You know, I have never in my life seen someone spell "wont" incorrectly. I think that when you get to the level of linguistic competence you have to have to be dropping the word "wont" in your sentences, you are wont to spell correctly.I'm okay with people who occasionally make a few spelling errors, but people who consistently and flagrantly use awful spelling ought to be prosecuted for violation of the Impersonation of the Kaiser Act. "I am a verb" - Buckminster Fuller

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

And, until the law is changed, can still be decapitated, or even more awful, elf-snuggled to death. So get those dictionaries out now, boyos. Sun Bless, Earth KeepZirandorthel I of TreesiaThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar, Tivitha e'Taras

TheEggman

I hate

Post by TheEggman »

Wet Towels....and non-believers in pirate - ninja power

mDuo13

Re: I hate

Post by mDuo13 »

... "pirate-ninja power"?Y'know, you must hate a lot of people right now...

TheEggman

???

Post by TheEggman »

Are you challenging my honour, bucko?

Shasta Rana Wanderlust

Re: ???

Post by Shasta Rana Wanderlust »

For some reason this conversation degenerated.And on the topic of spelling and grammar, I reallyreallyreally hate it when I've written a piece of poetry, and someone reads it, and the best the can come back with is (and I quote): "i like it idk y i just do" .Slaying shall be abound if such a thing ever happens to me again. Remember, my child, without innocence, the cross is only iron, hope is only an illusion, and you're nothing but a name.

mDuo13

Post by mDuo13 »

Y'know what really pisses me off? When nobody posts in roleplaying or Interactive Fiction threads.

you know what I dont like?not haveing leet writing skils so I can post in the aformentioned stuff.... "Disclaimer: Whatever is in the above post is probably a result of my blind following of Kieran Bennett, because I have even less of a brain than Kieran. Don't even get me started on my lack of independent thought."

Shasta Rana Wanderlust

"Haveing" and "aformentioned" are two such examples of you not having said skills. Sorry, just had to.And yes, RP and Multi-Author stories that no-one participates in piss me off too. Remember, my child, without innocence, the cross is only iron, hope is only an illusion, and you're nothing but a name.

i liked dat post it idk y i just do "Disclaimer: Whatever is in the above post is probably a result of my blind following of Kieran Bennett, because I have even less of a brain than Kieran. Don't even get me started on my lack of independent thought."

Shasta Rana Wanderlust

//shakes fistYou know just how to get me, don't you? Remember, my child, without innocence, the cross is only iron, hope is only an illusion, and you're nothing but a name.

Draco the Tainted

roflmfaosginedftwhat?*smiles* Heil Loki!!!
Heil H'Graa!!!

Stone Jackabar

Post by Stone Jackabar »

*puts feet up*so happy i made the list... Friends help friends move. REAL friends help friends hide the bodies.......and there's ALOT of bodies.....

Return to “Fiefdom Archive - Kildare (Former)”