Dutchess' Decree: RP Nation

Phoenix the Risen

Dutchess' Decree: RP Nation

Post by Phoenix the Risen »

Kildare is hereby established as a Roleplaying Nation.General Rules of Roleplaying in Kildare:1. All the following rules are guidelines, not strict rules that MUSTbe followed. That means, you usually won't want to break them, butthere will be exceptions. Also, many, if not most of these, will befamiliar; they are essentially just putting into writing things thatwere already understood and/or done by habit or custom.2. Text should be broken up into three styles: Dialogue, Actions, andOOC comments. Dialogue is when your character is talking. Actions arewhen your character is doing something. OOC (out of character)comments are neither of the other two, and are generally explanationsof things in your posts, or comments and questions about other posts. -Dialogue should be in regular text, preferably in quotation marks. -Actions can be either regular or italic text; they may be started and ended with an asterisk *, a double asterisk ** or a double colon :: -OOC comments should be surrounded by double parentheses (( ))3. Please use the English language as correctly as possible,especially for actions. This means use capital letters, properpunctuation, and correct spelling. If you are not sure on spelling,spell it out and put a (sp?) after it. Especially avoid abbreviationssuch as "ur" for "your" or "ne1" for "anyone". If your posts areunintelligable, they will slow down the threads and could potentiallycause much more confusion if people misinterpret what you wrote - sotake the time to do it right the first time instead of having to explain it later.4. Do not be afraid to make things up and add new items to the currentthread. Don't worry that much about making inferences as to things like time, details of the location, etc. Also, for simplicity's sake,it is okay to have minor plot holes, like the fact that you happenedto be able to walk just fine with a lot of stuff in your pack. Also, don't worry about describing every single detail of everything, as that tends to get dull. If you make a long and uneventful journey, leave it at that.5. In converse to rule #4, do not overassume your powers. Do not callup acts of God, such as the invasion of an alien race or the suddenrandom occurrence of a catastrophic earthquake at just any moment. There is a time and a place when those would be acceptable; typically this is the start of the thread. Characters especially are considered sacred; do not kill off other players' characters randomly; injuring them is fine, within reason, but NEVER kill or even permanently maim another person's character without giving them plenty of chance to react. If you do break such a rule, you will probably be summoned to a hearing to decide the acceptability of your actions. Characters in Shireroth can be very powerful, but do not abuse this power, because arguing matches over which character can kill the other are NOT fun.6. Pay attention to the style of the previous RP posts in any onethread. Especially pay attention to tense; it can get awkward when one person is writing in the present tense and the other is writingin the past. It's fine to have a style of your own to your posts, butjust be sensitive that breaking the mood of a thread can make somepeople upset at you.7. The chronological order of RP posts is (unless otherwise noted) based on the thread creation time. For example, if in one thread your eye is poked out and you get an eyepatch, in any threads started before that thread you will not have an eyepatch, but in threads after that one you will. You can, however, when creating a thread,note that the thread takes place at a certain time, or at the same time as another thread. For simultaneous threads, you should be careful not to create some kind of paradox, where your character is in two places at the same time; you can travel between them, but just make note that you aren't ALWAYS present in both threads. As for thetime relation between order of posts - don't worry about it too much.If you post at the same time as someone else, whoever gets theirs upfirst takes priority, and the second is obligated to change their post to fit the first person's situation, unless the first person optsto go with the second post.8. Have fun. If you're not having fun, you can always just have yourcharacter leave a particular thread. After all, this is what roleplaying is really about.These guidelines commissioned of citizen mDuo13 by Dutchess Pro-Tem Phoenix the Risen.These rules are guidelines. This thread is hereby established for the discussion of these rules. No off-topic or RP posts shall be made in this thread.((Clarification: By Nation, I do not mean we are seceding. If someone has a better word for the state without saying "state", feel free to suggest... but not here. IM or PM me)) Phoenix the Risen - Dutchess of Kildare - Political Nuisance but at least She gets the job done. - Official Genkher of Gryphon Avocatio's Cool Short Sig and Gryphon the Pure's Awesome Tables! - COME BACK, STEVE!!! -"To quote a former Kaiser.... 'Shireroth doesn't give up land....'" ~UEC (Quoting Kaiser Letifer I), In response to claims on the Raynor Isles"To paraphrase a former Kaiser: 'Here! Take Amity for free! And that other half of Mar Sara too!'" ~SaiKar LumEth, (Paraphrasing Kaiser Mog I) In response to UEC"To paraphrase a former angry mob "DOWN WITH THE EVIL LAND-GIVING AWAY KAISER! REVOLT! REBELLION! CIVIL WAR!" ~Scott Siskind, (paraphrasing the Letifer Rebellion group) In response to SaiKar LumEth"I HEARBY QUESTION THE KAISERESS AUTHORITY!" ~Gryphon Avocado (Switching Day)Edited by: Phoenix the Risen at: 12/3/03 2:17 pm

Gman Russell

Re: Dutchess' Decree: RP Nation

Post by Gman Russell »

Sounds good to me... count me and angelguardian93 in. *smiles*oh... btw... where I come from, action sentances were done with a single asterisk, as demonstrated above. Is this acceptable seeing as that it's habit for me now?

Phoenix the Risen

Post by Phoenix the Risen »

yeah, go ahead. I'll edit the rules for that. I haven't yet edited them since mDuo13 gave them to me, and I'm leaving it up to more experienced RPers such as yourself to review them.as an afterthought here, since it seems kinda necessary... I'm going to create a thread here for people to post Character Bio's... expect that to be up with some sort of guidelines (or links thereto) by the end of the week. Phoenix the Risen - Dutchess of Kildare - Political Nuisance but at least She gets the job done. - Official Genkher of Gryphon Avocatio's Cool Short Sig and Gryphon the Pure's Awesome Tables! - COME BACK, STEVE!!! -"To quote a former Kaiser.... 'Shireroth doesn't give up land....'" ~UEC (Quoting Kaiser Letifer I), In response to claims on the Raynor Isles"To paraphrase a former Kaiser: 'Here! Take Amity for free! And that other half of Mar Sara too!'" ~SaiKar LumEth, (Paraphrasing Kaiser Mog I) In response to UEC"To paraphrase a former angry mob "DOWN WITH THE EVIL LAND-GIVING AWAY KAISER! REVOLT! REBELLION! CIVIL WAR!" ~Scott Siskind, (paraphrasing the Letifer Rebellion group) In response to SaiKar LumEth"I HEARBY QUESTION THE KAISERESS AUTHORITY!" ~Gryphon Avocado (Switching Day)

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

Quote:and I'm leaving it up to more experienced RPers such as yourself to review them.*is seriously touched*thanks man, that means alot to me!*smiles*

Kaiser Mors III

Post by Kaiser Mors III »

RPG Duchy you mean.. hehehehe This amuses me.. I like it.. Mortis BrookshireKaiser of Shireroth

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

No. RP Duchy. Role Playing Game Duchy doesn't work grammaticly

Kaiser Mors III

Post by Kaiser Mors III »

Okey Dokey.. Works for me! Mortis BrookshireKaiser of Shireroth

david northworthy beckfor

Post by david northworthy beckfor »

what if you cant spell? war trophy liberated from Babkha by the Federated NORworthic Liberation Devision (FNORD)

mDuo13

Post by mDuo13 »

Try to spell things as well as you can. Worst-case scenario, you have a bunch of phonetically-spelled words and (sp?) comments. Others can add OOC comments later to correct your spelling (or a mod/admin can do it for you if they want to).

Return to “Fiefdom Archive - Kildare (Former)”