End of the Storm

Solitary Poet 8

End of the Storm

Post by Solitary Poet 8 »

On the edge of the storm stands a lone figure, watching the havoc. With a single gesture from this form, a cloud of birds fly into the sky, gliding to the very edge of the storm. As one, the flock start flapping thir wings directly at the storm. For a while nothing seems to be happening. Then, slowly, the clouds seem to inch away from the flock. Encouraged, the flock start flapping harder, forcing the clouds further on, until they are finally over the sea.Poet: *sighs* Well, now that that bloody nuisance is over with, we can get back to normal. *walks off* Birrrrrrrrrrrd Maaaaaaaaan!!!!!~The Solitary Poet of Goldshire

Gryphon the Pure

Re: End of the Storm

Post by Gryphon the Pure »

Before he can get far, Gryphon swoops down beside the bard. He casts his glance towards neither the Lord nor his Flock, but rather at the departing storm. His eyes narrow for a moment, but then shoot open, wide, and the poet is knocked to the ground by an unseen force. The flock scurries to the remaining trees and clings to their branches for safety. The trees bend their mighty structures, bowing before the might. The sun shines through the break in the clouds, illuminating the sole erect figure on the vast plains.His wings extend, and catch the wind beneath them. the gale pushes upward into the sky from his stance, but he holds his ground, and does not waver. Then, suddenly - it stops. The remaining clouds overhead disperse in a giant halo around the Dutchy, darkening those around them, over the seas and the land beyond. The air is calm over kildare, the trees lift themselves back up to their stance, now only slightly arced in their posture. The birds take once again to the skies.Gryphon lets his wings fall back to his side, but the rest of his body remains stiff. He nods his head back down such that his chin rests on his chest, and the sky falls over the sea. Water gushes down from the darkness, and the ocean rises once again to its previous level. The sky is now clear over the middle continent, and Gryphon falls limp to the ground. Raised by a family of Griffins in the forests of Llanowar, this young mage is rumored to be the sole male born of the Serra tribe.

Stone Jackabar

Post by Stone Jackabar »

*Walks over to poet*so once you start it, he decides to get off his @$$ eh?*looks at the unconcious gryphon**draws pistol and points it at gryphons head*no......i have a better idea*leans over and cuts off gryphons wings where they meet at the back**seals wound*im sure they can grow back, if not, oh well.*throws wings over shoulder*Not my duke.*walks away humming "a POX on the phoney king of england"* YAY!!! we're doooomed!!!!!!

Chimaera the Wise

Post by Chimaera the Wise »

The sky flashes dark, and as the light of day reappears in the field, the view of the sky is obstructed by a thick gray mist. The cloud swirls around the golem and frost crystals form at the ends of the wings he carries. Spinning faster and faster, a form appears from the fog. It swims through the air, then stops in front of the soldier."He May Not Be Your Duke..."The spirit dives forward, passing silently through the thick skin of the golem. An icy glaze covers Stone's deep red eyes, and his body is frozen solid in its tracks. The spirit emerges behind the statue, and becomes once again one with the gale.

Phoenix the Risen

Post by Phoenix the Risen »

A brilliant flash illuminates the area, and the winds disperse. Above the frozen figure appears, barely visible through the blinding light, a fiery Phoenix. The heat emanating from its wings is enough to melt the skin of the golem. The great bird opens its beak and sings in an earpiercing screech"...But YOU..."She claps her wings, and Stones arms fall against his sides. The wings of the Duke shatter from the intense surge of energy as they hit the ground. The Phoenix claps her wings again, and the pieces are blown back to the side of the fallen soldier. She swoops away and hovers over the body. Let's get ready to RoX0Rz!!!

Stone Jackabar

Post by Stone Jackabar »

*stone shatters the ice arond him**brushes the frost off the wings*he is not only not my duke, but he is indecisive and weak as well. Am i supposed to be afraid? Foolish spirit..... *eyes glow as stone senses the spirit*hmmmi might be back to take care of you if you are a nusience in the future.cowardly ghosts.*fades into shadow* YAY!!! we're doooomed!!!!!!

Gryphon the Pure

As the Phoenix hovers over him, the soldier rises to his feet. His eyes remain closed, but he stoops once and gathers up the broken pieces of his wings. He holds them for a second, then throws them up into the air. They fly upwards, and are caught in the wings of the great bird. The shattered pieces melt and burn, and only a few smoldering ashes fall to the ground. The Duke opens his eyes. Looking only down to the scalded ground at his feet, he murmurs beneath his breath."...Are On MY Land."The Phoenix lands on the exposed back of the wingless Duke, and digs her claws into the flesh of his shoulders. She sits on his back, and rests her head on his neck. His skin ripples as it forms around the bird, melding their bodies together. The wings extend, and he rises off the ground. Raised by a family of Griffins in the forests of Llanowar, this young mage is rumored to be the sole male born of the Serra tribe.

Phoenix the Risen

((I know you don't burn. I was defrosting you. And I know you freeze, because it took over a day to melt you back with poet's hairdryer. And as for the golemness, you keep claiming that you were an organic golem built by the drow? don't you? And the wings froze anyways. They cracked in the freezing and shattered from the fall to the ground. You don't get to keep them. So : p)) Let's get ready to RoX0Rz!!!

Stone Jackabar

Post by Stone Jackabar »

(not fully true, the wings were still frozen when i broke free, they're not a part of me right? so how could my breakign free break them too? aside form that, the shards or a sigle feather is all stone needs for the magic he wants to work) YAY!!! we're doooomed!!!!!!

Stone Jackabar

Post by Stone Jackabar »

(i know this was just to tick you off. and to teach you a little humility not to steal one's thunder, i.e. Poets for getting rid of the storm.) YAY!!! we're doooomed!!!!!!

Eriana Moon

Post by Eriana Moon »

*alredy prepared for trubble in leapord form she stands watching from afar*

Stone Jackabar

Post by Stone Jackabar »

(he stole it from draco, who did nothing but whine and point to it whooo im real scared of a freakin storm. i've lived through hurricanes irl so whoppity doo. But it was him doinging somehting about it. So he just moved it eh? or maybe the storm was just about ready to drop anyway science draco made it a while ago and it did NOTHING!! it was time for the storm to die. Just be glad you weren't shot.) YAY!!! we're doooomed!!!!!!

Phoenix the Risen

Quote:*he turns and walks slowly out of the room, and a few feathers trail behind, hanging loosely from the ends of his wings.* ((Page five, party thread, goldshire... if you really want a feather, wander over there and grab one, but you did not get his wings)) Let's get ready to RoX0Rz!!!

Stone Jackabar

Post by Stone Jackabar »

(pheniox, i was posting while you were, as such i did not know about what you we're doing, or that there would eb any actions taken on me. i claim fair escape, and keep the wings. Aside from that. I DON"T BURN!!! IM NOT A GOLEM EITHER!! shhhesh how many times must i say it.)(edited to make more clear) YAY!!! we're doooomed!!!!!!Edited by: Stone Jackabar  at: 10/13/03 8:19 pm

Phoenix the Risen

((If you want a feather, go check the party thread in goldshire or lunaris, I think he dropped a couple there)) (argh... danged linked accounts)edit: (( and as for stealing poets thunder, all he did was send it back over to straylight from whence it came, in which case it would have dropped the ocean a couple levels again, and with the momentum it had, it would have returned to goldshire, in which jadie is curled up under her bed for fright of it... it had to not just be moved, but removed))edit2: ((and what do you mean, poet's thunder?? who created the freaking storm? HE stole it from DRACO)) Let's get ready to RoX0Rz!!!Edited by: Gryphon the Pure at: 10/13/03 8:30 pm

Stone Jackabar

Post by Stone Jackabar »

(you only froze the wings. i did not break them when i broke free. you cannot claim they broke when i broke free, you cannot claim that so after-the-fact. the wings are mine and whole, accept it.) YAY!!! we're doooomed!!!!!!

Gryphon the Pure

((umm... no. Those were my wings in the first place, and you were frozen at the time. You wouldn't even have been able to escape if it weren't for the Phoenix melting you anyways. I know you freeze, you did so in Hyperborea. You were told that if you really want a feather, just go over to Goldshire and pick up one of the ones that dropped in the Party hall. But the wings as a whole are GONE.)) Raised by a family of Griffins in the forests of Llanowar, this young mage is rumored to be the sole male born of the Serra tribe.

Solitary Poet 8

(Just a quick note here. You froze Stone enough for an icy glaze over his eyes. In Hyperborea, he was stuck in a huge block of fricking ice! Furthermore, Stone was able to break free of the block after his head was thawed. Your freezing would have been easy for him to break free of in comparison.) Birrrrrrrrrrrd Maaaaaaaaan!!!!!~The Solitary Poet of Goldshire

Stone Jackabar

Post by Stone Jackabar »

(tough luck, you didn't break the wings, neither did i, they are mine no matter what your whineing might say, and so what if i only need a few feathers? I wanted the whole wings, and i got them, because i couldn't break them when i broke free. Granted it will be a while untill they defrost naturaly, but that won't be too long. To sum up, the wings are mine now, yours grew back, stop whining.) YAY!!! we're doooomed!!!!!!

Draco the Tainted

Post by Draco the Tainted »

((Stone... I expected better from you... you, having been Duke of Kildare once already should know that we do not assault the Duke in his own territory, let alone make claims as to the chemical constitutuion of various parts of his body. I would drop the subject if I were you.And as for the Duke himself, I do not believe his wings have grown back, and it does not look like they shall anytime soon. But you should pray to the gods that his pleas are not heard lest you suffer their wrath along with his. It is among the mightiest offenses to remove the wings of an Angel, even be he only half of the sort. And as he is my brother, lest you make amends soon, you shall face my wrath as well.)) Heil Loki!!!
Heil H'Graa!!!

Eriana Moon

Post by Eriana Moon »

Now now boys play nice......

Solitary Poet 8

(Um.....quick question here. Since when is Gryphon half-angel? I mean, I've only ever seen him ref himself as a drow with wings. Anyone have a link to this angel ref?) Birrrrrrrrrrrd Maaaaaaaaan!!!!!~The Solitary Poet of Goldshire

Kaiseress Jadie

Post by Kaiseress Jadie »

hey you!! You stole what I was going to say!!!Bad Baroness!!!!*glare* Kaiseress Jadie IThe Elf-Cat Kaiseress of Shireroth

Eriana Moon

Post by Eriana Moon »

Eep!*shifts to an owl and flyes off*

Stone Jackabar

Post by Stone Jackabar »

(oh im real scared of the angsty dragon and a wussy mage. and siece when have i cared who i attack and where? As for the gods, if he needs to call on higher powers then fine, only proves more weakness to me.) YAY!!! we're doooomed!!!!!!

Chimaera the Wise

Post by Chimaera the Wise »

Quote:(Um.....quick question here. Since when is Gryphon half-angel? I mean, I've only ever seen him ref himself as a drow with wings. Anyone have a link to this angel ref?) Serra is a tribe of angels... Gryphon's mother was Serra, and his father was Drow... I believe this has been explained here before, when someone asked about the Sig... part of his background that I've just taken for granted since his character was created...

Return to “Fiefdom Archive - Kildare (Former)”