For the night...

Moderator: Scott of Hyperborea

Alexandra Decens

For the night...

Post by Alexandra Decens »

Random poem i feel like posting...NightsongThe sadness singsThe madness crysThe darkness brings this onThe monsters that go bump in the night are nothing comparedto itEven the ravens cry cannotexpress the feelings of it'O great blackness of nightwhy must a cruel mistress you make?The pain of it is like the scalding of a thousand twisted suns'O cruel mistress of the night I have no custom signature...oh wait...Edited by: Alexandra Decens at: 3/1/04 3:40 pm

Erik Mortis

Re: For the night...

Post by Erik Mortis »

I recall that one.. and still really like it.. Erik Mortis BrookshireCommoner of Alexandretta

Philip Locke

Post by Philip Locke »

Quote:NightsongThe sadness singsThe madness crysThe darkness brings this onThe monsters that go bump in the night are nothing comparedto itEven the ravens cry cannotexpress the feelings of it'O great blackness of nightwhy must a cruel mistress you make?The pain of it is like the scalding of a thousand twisted suns'O cruel mistress of the nightIt would be better if it was free of simple errors ("crys" is not a word, "ravens" should be possessive, etc.) Some of the imagery/phrases were cliche ("cruel mistress", "monsters that go bump in the night"). However, I, er, felt it. It's pretty decent. Keep it up. Now it's time to kick out the jams, motherfucker!

Jadie of Goldshire

Post by Jadie of Goldshire »

Wow...that poem sounds like how I felt last night... Jadie of GoldshireCarry on with your lives people...nothing to see here.

Alexandra Decens

Locke...poems are not neccessarily about grammer...they are about emotions...but thanks for the input...and i am glad that you appreciated it....thank you... I have no custom signature...oh wait...Edited by: Alexandra Decens at: 3/2/04 11:19 am

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

*wonders what angry outburst was edited out there when Alex thought the better of it*I can almost hear the exclamation marks.. Sun Bless, Earth KeepZirandorthel I of TreesiaThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar, Tivitha e'TarasGrand Duke of Lac Glacei

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

"I didn't have an angry outburst! I just misspelled something!" --alex. Erik Mortis BrookshireCommoner of Alexandretta

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Yes, of course, just like daffodils and pixies and things that are nice and purple. Fa la la la. Sun Bless, Earth KeepZirandorthel I of TreesiaThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar, Tivitha e'TarasGrand Duke of Lac GlaceiEdited by: Zirandorthel at: 3/2/04 2:23 pm

Alexandra Decens

*pthhhh* I have no custom signature...oh wait...

Philip Locke

Post by Philip Locke »

Quote:Locke...poems are not neccessarily about grammer...they are about emotions...but thanks for the input...and i am glad that you appreciated it....thank you... I have no custom signature...oh wait...Correct, poems are not necessarily about grammar. However, it always helps to dot your I's and cross your T's. Now it's time to kick out the jams, motherfucker!

Alexandra Decens

Quote:However, it always helps to dot your I's and cross your T's.True...but it is not necessarily the focus of a poem... I have no custom signature...oh wait...

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

I don't bother with grammer in my poems... I never pause.. I just write... though sometimes I'll go back and fix error that affect the meaning of the poem... Erik Mortis BrookshireCommoner of Alexandretta

Philip Locke

Post by Philip Locke »

Quote:True...but it is not necessarily the focus of a poem...I think that messy grammar and poor spelling makes the reader lose their focus and actually detracts from the overall effectiveness of the poem. Now it's time to kick out the jams, motherfucker!

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

unless that's what you mean to do...I sometimes use words that don't exsist.... About cliche... I will use it sometimes to make sure the reader understands what I'm talking about... Erik Mortis BrookshireCommoner of Alexandretta

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Quote:unless that's what you mean to do...In other words...The Rule of Consciousness: You're allowed to break any rule you want to, but you have to know what you're doing.Now apply that rule to itself and tell me what the result is... I spend my days enjoying the minty taste that surrounds Erik.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

You're allowed to NOT-break any rule as long as you (don't?) know what you are doing? Erik Mortis BrookshireCommoner of Alexandretta

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

A double negative that doesn't mean the same as a positive. Sun Bless, Earth KeepZirandorthel I of TreesiaThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar, Tivitha e'TarasGrand Duke of Lac Glacei

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Double negation. not not P.. = P ! YAY LOGIC CLASS! or... ~~P.. though I would write it ~(~P) for my own ease... Erik Mortis BrookshireCommoner of Alexandretta

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

If P and not-P, then Q. Do you really believe Project Bluebook revealed EVERYTHING the Army Air Corps knew? Do you know what REALLY happened at Roswell, New Mexico in the late 1940s? Have you even heard about the Men in Black? Do you have any friends who have `missing days'? Do you sleep with your window unlocked?Be seeing you...

david northworthy beckfor

Post by david northworthy beckfor »

42 "Disclaimer: Whatever is in the above post is probably a result of my blind following of Kieran Bennett, because I have even less of a brain than Kieran. Don't even get me started on my lack of independent thought."

Return to “County of Hyperborea”